jan åge fjørtoft

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

• Banned
Absolutely love the fella he was one of them who you just take to abit like Peter kachuro or peschy,he’s my all time favourite and coz billy wasn’t in the set up it was a no brainer I can’t swap jan age for anyone

i remember one goal i saw him score, I was behind the goal on the kop , and the ball had been bouncing around the goal, and it came to him and he just stroked it into the net as cool as you like. Not his best goal by any means, I just remember how calm he was when it dropped to him with players in the way and the keeper. Like he had all the time in the world!

I remember him saying that a Gareth Bale goal was the best thing to come out of Wales since Catherine Zeta-Jones, so I imagine not, but in all honesty I don't know.

He's been with his wife since they were teenagers. Jan Åge's son Markus plays for Hamilton in Scotland.

Jan Åge's from the same area as me and his father refereed a couple of my games when I was young.

Steve Thompson told Bert that JAF was very nesh and often he was on the bench for away fans because of that, whereas his compatriot Neilson had been in the army and was as hard as nails.

He had massive legs, always kept his coat on in the pre-game warm up and scored some fucking belters for us. I remember away at Huddersfield and they had a Freddie Mercury impersonator on the pitch singing before the game. He had that leotard thing on and was giving it some when the ball went near him and Fjortoft fucking levelled him. Absolutely creamed him, and I don't think he realised how hard he hit him till the bloke had to be helped to his feet and hobbled off. Nearly pissed me sen, still makes me laugh now.

Fucking great player, he'd be a monster in our current team.

😷😷😷

2nd goal v Pompey in 1997?
I remember he lobbed the keeper from quite far out against someone, pompey maybe?

Both these goals were the same match, I believe. One was a terrific lob from outside the area, the other was odd - Fjortoft went down the channel with a defender and dived for a penalty. The defender and 'keeper both stopped, whereupon Fjortoft got back up and scored from a tight angle. Cheeky fucker.

Back
Top Bottom