jan åge fjørtoft

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I remember him saying that a Gareth Bale goal was the best thing to come out of Wales since Catherine Zeta-Jones, so I imagine not, but in all honesty I don't know.

Of course, he may easily just be a film buff and think CZJ is one of the worlds finest actors.
Never thought of that did you?

With good fucking reason too.

And Boro, shame there’s none of ours in there. Loved him and what a group of strikers we had for a while in that 97/98 season. Gutted when he left and we yet again stole defeat from the jaws of success

Aye, there's a decent video of just his Boro goals on YouTube, too.

I've always found we've been a bit lacking in that department. There aren't many videos dedicated to our old players.

Steve Thompson told Bert that JAF was very nesh and often he was on the bench for away fans because of that, whereas his compatriot Neilson had been in the army and was as hard as nails.

He had a reputation for diving, to the extent he was one of a number of players that referees apparently had a briefing on ahead of the 97/98 season (so it was reported at the time). I think that was deserved as well – looking at the season highlights yesterday there’s one instance where he dives on the left-hand side of the box, rolls over 2 or 3 times, sees the ref isn’t having any of it, and then jumps up to loop a super first-time effort into the top corner. He was a bit of a mad mix of lazy-looking, dishonest, clever, brilliant.

p.s. Nilsen

Don’t make them like that any more do they? Most people can’t be bothered to find where the “a” is when spelling Lundstrum.

To be fair, they make up for it though by sticking an extra 'e' on the end of Sharp.

He had a reputation for diving, to the extent he was one of a number of players that referees apparently had a briefing on ahead of the 97/98 season (so it was reported at the time). I think that was deserved as well – looking at the season highlights yesterday there’s one instance where he dives on the left-hand side of the box, rolls over 2 or 3 times, sees the ref isn’t having any of it, and then jumps up to loop a super first-time effort into the top corner. He was a bit of a mad mix of lazy-looking, dishonest, clever, brilliant.

p.s. Nilsen

Aye, that's the Portsmouth goal isn't it?

The day they sold him & Deano still makes me fkg livid 😡😡😡😡😡 think we were 4 points behind the leaders Forest with 2 games in hand .
Damn good team that .. had every chance of going up but that twat McDonald

The only amusing thing out of the whole episode was Barnsley fans piss funny attempts at pronouncing Fjortofts full name ...

Correct though, if they'd had kept the team that started for the duration we'd have gone up as champs and at least got to the cup final.

the best finisher i have every seen live. Was at the match at home when he scored that goal nearly from the corner flag!

mess that the one where he was on the byline and hooked it over his head?

Back
Top Bottom