James Milner

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fatlad666

Reaction score
Free Transfer in the summer, yes I know he is 37 but can you think of a fitter player at that age, who can help our younger Players in midfield. Paul Mcgrath all over again. Thoughts fellow blades

I'd have no issues with bringing Milner in, I know he's getting on but he's pretty much the model pro.

Would be a fantastic player to have around the squad. Similar to Jags.

Of course he wouldn't be a first choice starter, but would step up in CM or full back as necessary, but the knowledge of the league and experience is a massive asset

I've seen worse suggestions tbf.

Not sure what the competition or wages would be though.

We have a slow enough midfield as it is, do you want to add less speed? Milner two years ago would have been okay, I just think it's a couple years too late.

We have a slow enough midfield as it is, do you want to add less speed? Milner two years ago would have been okay, I just think it's a couple years too late.
It's also lacking in experience at prem level, adding Milner to that would be a big improvement. Massive experience many levels above us, versatile, hard work, perfect pro - All things that we do need to add to the squad

It's also lacking in experience at prem level, adding Milner to that would be a big improvement. Massive experience many levels above us, versatile, hard work, perfect pro - All things that we do need to add to the squad
Agree , so long as we dont end up wi Milner , Fleck and Norwood in midfield

be on 100k per week and will end up taking 70k pw elsewhere. age is nowt but a number with him though, be fittest in the squad if we did bring him in

He'd be like a better version of Osborn.

He can literally play anywhere. He's known for his dedication and professionalism.

Probably the sort of player that plenty would scoff at like Lalana or Wellbeck joining Brighton only to help them do well each year!

I think the 6 are Keeper, Left sided defender, central/right sided, central midfielder, attacking midfielder, forward.

Not sure which role he takes. Can probably play half of them!

Last edited:
Probably go back to Leeds or villa, don't know how liked he is at Leeds though.

Love Milner but given the wages he would command I cannot imagine he would offer VFM

Great singing for Brighton. Add the experience they lack and can fill in whenever needed.

Hi Stegosaurus here

We missed a trick not snapping him up before Brighton. He'll do well with them. Would have been a good experienced head to fill the midfield and keep things organised. He's better than any other midfielder we've got. Plus he's able to play multiple positions.

Hi Stegosaurus here

We missed a trick not snapping him up before Brighton. He'll do well with them. Would have been a good experienced head to fill the midfield and keep things organised. He's better than any other midfielder we've got. Plus he's able to play multiple positions.

He agreed to sign for them back in May. Which means I assume he had already agreed something well before the season had finished.

Free Transfer in the summer, yes I know he is 37 but can you think of a fitter player at that age, who can help our younger Players in midfield. Paul Mcgrath all over again. Thoughts fellow blades
Don't want another dad's army

Would be a fantastic player to have around the squad. Similar to Jags.

Of course he wouldn't be a first choice starter, but would step up in CM or full back as necessary, but the knowledge of the league and experience is a massive asset
We paid Jags a lot of money we don’t have 30-50 K a week to flaunt to a 37 year old ..,,again

Back
Top Bottom