Jagielka Conspiracy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It doesn't help his case that the entire handball incident and penalty has been omitted/deleted from the season review (Sheffield United: Premier League - 2006-07 on youtube) It makes the game bizarre, as a goal is missing and it looks like we've drawn.
Why? Why would the club do that?

Why would the club do that?

I think it’s obvious that the club did nothing of the sort – on the evening of the game Jagielka and David Moyes performed a simultaneous raid of both the club and Sky Sports and deleted the clip from the data archives, so that the incident could never be scrutinised and their master plan found out.

We’ve been through this time and again but it really isn’t a stretch to suggest he did not mean to do it, meant to do something else, made a mistake that meant he ended up handling the ball inadvertently (but sufficient contact for the ref to give handball and a penalty). Unintentional. Unfortunate. A mistake.

Unintentional handball was not penalised in those days...

It doesn't help his case that the entire handball incident and penalty has been omitted/deleted from the season review (Sheffield United: Premier League - 2006-07 on youtube) It makes the game bizarre, as a goal is missing and it looks like we've drawn.
Why? Why would the club do that?

Now we’re on to something. :)

Seriously despite my views on this (which won’t change) he’ll be wearing our shirt going forward and he’ll get my full support. I encouraged others to take the same attitude towards Gary Madine so I’m not going to be a hypocrite.

Equally, perhaps we could call a halt to the accidental/he was shoved theory. If that were the case our players and certainly the Madman across the Touchline would have protested long and loud. They didn’t.

That’s it from me on that one, unless somebody pokes me...

You do see these bizarre blatant handballs that defy explanation when a defender is under pressure. Not in the same category as Suarez in the 2010 World Cup, more a rush of blood to the head.

Seem to remember away at Gillingham a few years ago their right back inexplicably punched the ball away in the area when it was drifting out for a corner. Likewise McEverly did it against Spurs in the league cup semi.

For me this is what the handball against Wigan was. Definitely deliberate but risible to suggest he’d planned to do it in advance to engineer a move away that would have probably happened anyway.

I agree. That’s why I never have. My complaint is that he didn’t care enough about our club to at least explain it, perhaps in the terms of your first paragraph. He couldn’t wait to get to Everton. In my view, he was grossly disrespectful to our club and took an “I’m alright Jack” to the consequences.

There. That’s it. Let’s move on.

How often do you expect to see him on the field Woody?

Were you in favour of that pillar of strength Morgan, on the coaching staff?

As you’ve brought this up again...

On the other Jagielka thread you said that he doesn’t possess the attributes required to be a good coach. I asked you what the required attributes are and specifically which ones Jagielka doesn’t possess. I asked you this several times but you ignored the question every time.

I really would be interested to hear the answer if you’re capable of providing one?

Delibrate, twat above, he got away with it, perhaps Jags was just trying to deflect the ball enough away from the attackers head behind him, he didn't get away with it.

As you’ve brought this up again...

On the other Jagielka thread you said that he doesn’t possess the attributes required to be a good coach. I asked you what the required attributes are and specifically which ones Jagielka doesn’t possess. I asked you this several times but you ignored the question every time.

I really would be interested to hear the answer if you’re capable of providing one?

No. Incapable I’m afraid. I lack the necessary intellectual and literacy skills.

Now you tell me what qualities make him a coach. It really is for those proposing the candidate to establish his credentials.

No. Incapable I’m afraid. I lack the necessary intellectual and literacy skills.

Now you tell me what qualities make him a coach. It really is for those proposing the candidate to establish his credentials.

I’m not proposing him, it was you that brought it up. I’m glad we finally got to the bottom of things though. Maybe you should avoid making statements about things that you don’t understand in future, you’d look a lot less silly.

It’s a shame Biggs didn’t follow up on that with Wilder when he was saying he would like him to coach.

I know. Seems like contact as you said but, and it's hard to tell, he appears to stick out his hand, upwards, as the ball approaches.

Meh. Water under the bridge.

I saw some close up footage of the handball and his hand is forced on to it. From the footage you shared and most other footage it does look like a blatant and deliberate hand ball, but it wasn't.

I think it’s clear enough to see that there was a crush of bodies going for the ball, and that he may well have jumped without clear sight of it. It’s not as though he handled it while under no pressure and while free of jostling. I still thought at the time that he had his shirt tugged by McCulloch, and that the raising of hands was to either try and combat that or appeal for a decision.

View attachment 57814

Yeah the footage is unclear. I saw a close up soon after the event and it clearly showed his hand being forced upward by a Wigan player, accidentally.

Yeah the footage is unclear. I saw a close up soon after the event and it clearly showed his hand being forced upward by a Wigan player, accidentally.
Both his hands went up - and the nearest Wigan player to him had his arm higher than Jag's arms.

Both his hands went up - and the nearest Wigan player to him had his arm higher than Jag's arms.

In the footage shown on here maybe, but when seen close up it's different. It was accidental handball but hey ho, there's them that will always have their conspiracies.....Bored now lol!

In the footage shown on here maybe, but when seen close up it's different. It was accidental handball but hey ho, there's them that will always have their conspiracies.....Bored now lol!
Why is it a conspiracy to say that he deliberately handled the ball? Do you think the referee thought it was a conspiracy when he gave the penalty?

Why is it a conspiracy to say that he deliberately handled the ball? Do you think the referee thought it was a conspiracy when he gave the penalty?

It's not. Though it is a conspiracy to say that he intentionally handled the ball so that United would be relegated to force through a transfer....loony thinking!

Oh and not sure what the ref's got to do with it - he had to give the peno!

It's not. Though it is a conspiracy to say that he intentionally handled the ball so that United would be relegated to force through a transfer....loony thinking!

Oh and not sure what the ref's got to do with it - he had to give the peno!
Well the ref only had to give the pen if he thought it was deliberate. You said it was accidental.

Eh? Do you understand the difference between deliberate handball and accidental handball? One is a foul, one isn't. In the last few posts you've basically claimed it was both.

FFS - i also said that the footage makes it look like a clear deliberate handball.

The close up shows it was accidental.

The ref gave a pen based on what he saw, which we can only assume was a deliberate handball.

To recap for you - it looked like a deliberate handball (i thought it was too) and the ref gave a pen on that basis.

On viewing slowed down close up footage it was clear that his arm was forced upwards, unintentionally by a Wigan defender in the melee, which led to his hand hitting the ball - hence the accidental comment.

Think what you want - that's what i have seen and believe and to be honest i'm not too bothered as it's done.

Fair enough, you're saying it was completely accidental. From everything I've seen, I can't agree. Two arms going up above his head whilst he's jumping is a completely unnatural action and not what you'd do in reaction to a push - and I think the Wigan players were too far away to describe it as a melee. But that's where we'll always disagree.

With regard to the conspiracy, as Pinchy says, I wish he'd spoken about it and at least explained his point of view. Without that, it's impossible to be sure, it's only ever conjecture - belief in his character, even. It'll never go away. Somehow I doubt he'll properly go into it even now he's back.

Fair enough, you're saying it was completely accidental. From everything I've seen, I can't agree. Two arms going up above his head whilst he's jumping is a completely unnatural action and not what you'd do in reaction to a push - and I think the Wigan players were too far away to describe it as a melee. But that's where we'll always disagree.

With regard to the conspiracy, as Pinchy says, I wish he'd spoken about it and at least explained his point of view. Without that, it's impossible to be sure, it's only ever conjecture - belief in his character, even. It'll never go away. Somehow I doubt he'll properly go into it even now he's back.

I could pick holes in your comments Hamburg but frankly, i just can't be arsed.

I can explain it to you but i can't understand it for you.

You clearly want the last word so i am happy to let you have it.

Enjoy the season...UTB!

I could pick holes in your comments Hamburg but frankly, i just can't be arsed.

I can explain it to you but i can't understand it for you.

You clearly want the last word so i am happy to let you have it.

Enjoy the season...UTB!

It may be that you're telling people what actually happened without being able to post anything that backs you up.

There is very little footage of that incident, in my experience anyway, that is out there. Despite my comment about his hand movement, the clip I posted, imo anyhow, shows that it's inconclusive. You're telling people they're wrong without actual evidence. Until there's something clear, it's simply about opinions, nothing else.

My instinct at the time was that , for a split second , his brain went into stand in goalkeeper mode and I still believe that to be the case .

My instinct at the time was that , for a split second , his brain went into stand in goalkeeper mode and I still believe that to be the case .
I'm with you on this, his goalkeeper instincts tookover, once a keeper always a keeper, didn't Jags have to go in net a couple of times for us, I know one was at the lane when Padster got sent off, if I remember, correct me if wrong, didn't he start off playing in net as a young un.

To my absolute disbelief last night at Burton, a 'fan' (using the term very lightly) in front of me said "I won't clap Jagielka. He got us relegated last time", which was later followed by "He's too old, and his wages will be too high".
She spent her time then explaining to her teenage kids how he "deliberately jumped and handball it to get his move to Everton". Her kids then kept saying how Jags would be jumping at corners to handball it. How had she brainwashed her kids in the space of 20 minutes?
Someone please tell me how, and why, these fans are allowed to attend games?

My question is how and why are such folks allowed to procreate in the first place? I mean, there's the problem.

If a player can engineer a career move to another club by deliberately handballing it from a corner, they'd all be at it, goalkeepers especially.

It may be that you're telling people what actually happened without being able to post anything that backs you up.

There is very little footage of that incident, in my experience anyway, that is out there. Despite my comment about his hand movement, the clip I posted, imo anyhow, shows that it's inconclusive. You're telling people they're wrong without actual evidence. Until there's something clear, it's simply about opinions, nothing else.

Morning Sean,

I really am not telling anyone that they are wrong.

Not really bothered about getting in to debate about it but if you read my posts it's clear that, if anything, i am being told that i am wrong and i am just responding to those assertions.

My previous comments actually back up your comments in your post. Such as 'the footage isn't clear' etc.

I guess that's the nature of forums in that people, including me, don't read all the comments and absorb their content, but pick up on the odd post and respond accordingly without having the full understanding of what's gone before.

I’ve published actual footage of the event on multiple occasions. It couldn’t be clearer.

C87E6D85-D3FE-4028-BDB6-4E4BFA3BAC5F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom