Jagielka Conspiracy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Of course I refuse to believe that Jags would deliberately handball it, he was inspirational captain material and leader.
But it did look quite bizarre at the time, it’s rare that you ever see such a blatant handball. I can remember other bizarre handballs (that also looked deliberate with little explanation) when we played away to Peterborough in league 1 and Justin Fashsnu away at Wimbledon in the early 90’s.

Also it seems there was a big motivation for Jags.
He’d just signed a contract but had a relegation clause where he could move to another PL on the cheap meaning his agent was able to negotiate a big pay rise for him. Also if `I remember right Everton activated the clause almost immediately when the season ended, so assume negotiations might have been happening before the season ended.

It will forever go in the “did we really land on the moon in the 1960’s or was it all just filmed in a studio on earth” conspiracy theories.

It wasn't a blatant hand ball in any way whatsoever.

If you can find the footage, you will see that as the Wigan defender jumped to compete for the ball, his shoulder hit Jags' arm and pushed it upwards, which led to his hand hitting the ball.

I sometimes think many of our supporters are deaf and blind, one thing's for sure, they're certainly not dumb !

If you can find the footage, you will see that as the Wigan defender jumped to compete for the ball, his shoulder hit Jags' arm and pushed it upwards, which led to his hand hitting the ball.

I sometimes think many of our supporters are deaf and blind, one thing's for sure, they're certainly not dumb !

I’ve tried to find footage on Youtube. There’s one video covering the match action but the handball incident isn’t shown (is this part of a cover up lol).
I was sat on the Kop that day, so didn’t have the greatest view as the incident happened at the Bramall Lane end
but it did look weird how Jags arm just went up for no reason.
If you say that he collided with a Wigan player that would explain it.

Here’s me thinking for years that this conspiracy theory might have legs, even if I refuse to believe it.
And you come along and offer a perfectly reasonable explanation. Cheers FYT.

Reactions: FYT
I’ve tried to find footage on Youtube. There’s one video covering the match action but the handball incident isn’t shown (is this part of a cover up lol).
I was sat on the Kop that day, so didn’t have the greatest view as the incident happened at the Bramall Lane end
but it did look weird how Jags arm just went up for no reason.
If you say that he collided with a Wigan player that would explain it.

Here’s me thinking for years that this conspiracy theory might have legs, even if I refuse to believe it.
And you come along and offer a perfectly reasonable explanation. Cheers FYT.

It was more the Wigan player colliding with Jags, a pure accident and i bet he was absolutely gutted as well. Then to have 12 years of criticism must have been hard to bear.

Good to see him back in a Blades shirt last night. His first touch down the right showed the class he has in close control, let's hope his legs are ok.

Enjoy the season SheffSteel UTB.

To my absolute disbelief last night at Burton, a 'fan' (using the term very lightly) in front of me said "I won't clap Jagielka. He got us relegated last time", which was later followed by "He's too old, and his wages will be too high".
She spent her time then explaining to her teenage kids how he "deliberately jumped and handball it to get his move to Everton". Her kids then kept saying how Jags would be jumping at corners to handball it. How had she brainwashed her kids in the space of 20 minutes?
Someone please tell me how, and why, these fans are allowed to attend games?

Why would you be so dead against one of our own players ? Twisted mindset

Handball can always happen just like own goals, especially when nervous tension overwhelms everybody as it did that day.

My own reaction to the paltry £4m release clause was deep disappointment that the lad had negotiated it in the first place. I remember celebrating him signing that contract and felt betrayed when it all unfolded. I had thought it was his dedication and appreciation of the club (and us fans).

These days players often agree to big release clauses so their parent club benefit from their investment in them.

At the time Jags ( who I love to this day) was worth at least twice as much and we lost out yet again.

I remember discussing with people at work how I couldn’t understand how anyone would think 9/11 was an inside job, in the end half of the people at work believed it. I can see this thread has a similar vibe to it.

To my absolute disbelief last night at Burton, a 'fan' (using the term very lightly) in front of me said "I won't clap Jagielka. He got us relegated last time", which was later followed by "He's too old, and his wages will be too high".
She spent her time then explaining to her teenage kids how he "deliberately jumped and handball it to get his move to Everton". Her kids then kept saying how Jags would be jumping at corners to handball it. How had she brainwashed her kids in the space of 20 minutes?
Someone please tell me how, and why, these fans are allowed to attend games?

Ha. I saw your tweet about this too.

Unbelievable behaviour. Least we know who the scapegoat will be

Handball can always happen just like own goals, especially when nervous tension overwhelms everybody as it did that day.

My own reaction to the paltry £4m release clause was deep disappointment that the lad had negotiated it in the first place. I remember celebrating him signing that contract and felt betrayed when it all unfolded. I had thought it was his dedication and appreciation of the club (and us fans).

These days players often agree to big release clauses so their parent club benefit from their investment in them.

At the time Jags ( who I love to this day) was worth at least twice as much and we lost out yet again.

Firstly, it takes both sides of the deal to agree the term, why just blame him? Secondly, it was already clear when he signed the contract under Warnock that he was capable of playing at a higher level, he could have moved earlier than he did but chose to stay with us. Thirdly, when the £4M release was agreed (2004?) it was a realistic valuation for a 2nd tier midfielder/defender, the fact that he improved massively during the time of the contract and then proved he was comfortable in the PL meant that It perhaps looked undervalued when we were relegated.

Firstly, it takes both sides of the deal to agree the term, why just blame him? Secondly, it was already clear when he signed the contract under Warnock that he was capable of playing at a higher level, he could have moved earlier than he did but chose to stay with us. Thirdly, when the £4M release was agreed (2004?) it was a realistic valuation for a 2nd tier midfielder/defender, the fact that he improved massively during the time of the contract and then proved he was comfortable in the PL meant that It perhaps looked undervalued when we were relegated.

3 year deal 2006.

I don't blame the club on this occasion, I reckon the player would have left in 2006 without the clause, otherwise why would it have been agreed?

I heard Jagielka deliberately mooned Princess Diana
No wonder no one found any of evidence the Apollo missions landing on the moon, the onboard computer must have had wrong co-ordinates entered and they all landed on Jag's arse, don't want to think about were the Clangers live..........💩

Utter nonsense. Contrary to the laws of both physics and bio-mechanics. Bladey Claptrap.

Utter nonsense. Contrary to the laws of both physics and bio-mechanics. Bladey Claptrap.
If you genuinely believe Jagielka deliberately hand balled in order to make sure we lost, got relegated and he got a move to Everton then I think you may have spent too much of your life dealing with recidivists.

Back
Top Bottom