Jack Robinson...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hi Stegosaurus here

It was a sending off. If a Chelsea player did it to McBurnie or whoever, we'd be braying for the red.
Hi, Shorehamview here. No, not that one.

It wasn’t a sending off because, well, he wasn’t sent off. So it can’t have been, because it wasn’t.

Robinson probably should have gone for it, but as daft as it sounds the contact was probably minimal. Palmer was smiling about it once he got to his feet.

If the red card had come out though, none of us could have complained really. One of the many mistakes Jones made in the 2nd half. Thankfully this one went our way.
That's what really boils my piss about football these days. He was not hurt, in any way. He got up, laughed about it and carried on. So he stayed down, screaming and rolling round, purely to try and get Robbo sent off. The pundits call it "gamesmanship" I call it fucking cheating. Get up you prancing little twat.

I have always been a critic of JLT due to his reliable clanger however he has cut that out and fair fucks to him he has been our best CB this season

However, my main gripe with JLT is that he chooses to try and break opposition players' legs which I think is a disgrace whenever he gets the chance he will try and snap a player

That one on Palmer was a disgrace he doesn't need to make that tackle no other players do that he could very very easily have snapped Palmers Tibia

And yes it gets the crowd going but it is a cowardly tackle and one that is done to try and injure a fellow pro

And before people come at me with the snowflake argument, what are your thoughts on That leather jacket-wearing tramp Ainsworths tackle on Dane Whitehouse?

Playing devils advocate You could argue that Robbo getting what looks a bad injury is Karma for trying to injure another pro in the same game

That's what really boils my piss about football these days. He was not hurt, in any way. He got up, laughed about it and carried on. So he stayed down, screaming and rolling round, purely to try and get Robbo sent off. The pundits call it "gamesmanship" I call it fucking cheating. Get up you prancing little twat.

Can't disagree with any of that mate.

I have always been a critic of JLT due to his reliable clanger however he has cut that out and fair fucks to him he has been our best CB this season

However, my main gripe with JLT is that he chooses to try and break opposition players' legs which I think is a disgrace whenever he gets the chance he will try and snap a player

That one on Palmer was a disgrace he doesn't need to make that tackle no other players do that he could very very easily have snapped Palmers Tibia

And yes it gets the crowd going but it is a cowardly tackle and one that is done to try and injure a fellow pro

And before people come at me with the snowflake argument, what are your thoughts on That leather jacket-wearing tramp Ainsworths tackle on Dane Whitehouse?

Playing devils advocate You could argue that Robbo getting what looks a bad injury is Karma for trying to injure another pro in the same game
Right so, playing devil's advocate here, you think that Robbo's tackle was "a disgrace." Fair enough, it was a very aggressive and got a merited booking. But you have nothing to say about Palmer's ludicrous overreaction to it? He KNEW, at the time, that he wasn't seriously hurt. As others have said, he got up and laughed about it, before playing on.

So in your world, hard tackles are disgraceful, but playacting, diving, and feigning injury in order to try and get a "fellow pro" sent off is all fine and part of the game?

Right so, playing devil's advocate here, you think that Robbo's tackle was "a disgrace." Fair enough, it was a very aggressive and got a merited booking. But you have nothing to say about Palmer's ludicrous overreaction to it? He KNEW, at the time, that he wasn't seriously hurt. As others have said, he got up and laughed about it, before playing on.

So in your world, hard tackles are disgraceful, but playacting, diving, and feigning injury in order to try and get a "fellow pro" sent off is all fine and part of the game?

Do you know that Palmer wasn't injured? Just cause he got up doesn't mean he hadn't taken a knock/bump

I personally think that a professional football deliberately flying in with metal stood shin high trying to break a fellow pro's tibia Is much worse than a player taking a knock and staying down for 5 seconds

Hard tackles aren't disgraceful the ball was where there to be won but you don't have to go in and try to break someone's leg

I also think that if fake injuries and roll about they should be booked/sent off

Unfortunately it's much easier to see a leg-breaker tackle than someone feigning injury

That's a bold accusation to level at Robbo. That he was "trying to break a fellow pro's tibia." I don't think for a minute that that was his intention, you clearly do.

And yes, I know that Palmer was not injured, based on my experience of seeing him get up and play on, once he'd finished his playacting histrionics in a deliberate attempt to get Robinson sent off.

Was it a foul? Yes, undeniably. Was Palmer seriously hurt by it? No, undeniably. Did Palmer milk it for all it was worth? Again, yes, undeniably. This shit needs to be stamped out of the game. Players (for all clubs) playact and overexaggerate how hurt they are, purely to try and get opponents booked or sent off. Again, Palmer was NOT seriously hurt. He might have felt it, but he knew from the first second that it was not serious. He fucking laughed about it shortly after. Whatver the rights and wrongs of a very hard tackle/foul, feigning serious injury to try and influence the ref and get a red/yellow card for a "fellow pro" is, simply, cheating.

That's a bold accusation to level at Robbo. That he was "trying to break a fellow pro's tibia." I don't think for a minute that that was his intention, you clearly do.

And yes, I know that Palmer was not injured, based on my experience of seeing him get up and play on, once he'd finished his playacting histrionics in a deliberate attempt to get Robinson sent off.

Was it a foul? Yes, undeniably. Was Palmer seriously hurt by it? No, undeniably. Did Palmer milk it for all it was worth? Again, yes, undeniably. This shit needs to be stamped out of the game. Players (for all clubs) playact and overexaggerate how hurt they are, purely to try and get opponents booked or sent off. Again, Palmer was NOT seriously hurt. He might have felt it, but he knew from the first second that it was not serious. He fucking laughed about it shortly after. Whatver the rights and wrongs of a very hard tackle/foul, feigning serious injury to try and influence the ref and get a red/yellow card for a "fellow pro" is, simply, cheating.

If You fly in at that speed studs up that high up on a player's leg it doesn't matter whether he is trying too injure him or not , he knows that the tackle is dangerous and can snap a player's leg

I think its a cowards tackle Norwood did one away at Blackpool the other year

What would people's reaction be if that was someone snapping arblasters leg?

The hypocrisy from football people is off the scale.

The fact the cheat word isn't allowed and gets frowned upon or gets some in a right lather, makes me laugh.

Ben White should be retrospectively dealt with for what he did on Saturday. It's pure cheating plain and simple not to mention incredibly stupid in these days of VAR.

The amount of times blatant cheating gets called professionalism is laughable.

If You fly in at that speed studs up that high up on a player's leg it doesn't matter whether he is trying too injure him or not , he knows that the tackle is dangerous and can snap a player's leg

If it was studs up as you say and I would add I’ve not seen it back, then VAR would most assuredly have intervened as they did with Holgate v Brighton so I for one doubt that it was as you describe. Happy to see a replay that contradicts though.

It was a hard, mistimed tackle. I don't think there was any malice in it. You started off saying you thought Robbo intended to snap Palmer's leg. I don't think he did. On reflection, if someone did that to one of our players, I would probably, at the time, be screaming for a red. Having seen it back, I don't think it merited a red card. No harm, no foul as they say. Palmer is fine, Robbo isn't banned. Best of both worlds. I still think though, that Palmer made an unnecessary meal of it. While I hate playacting, I do sometimes wish our players were a bit "cuter" when it comes to milking fouls and bad tackles. We are too honest for our own good sometimes.

The hypocrisy from football people is off the scale.

The fact the cheat word isn't allowed and gets frowned upon or gets some in a right lather, makes me laugh.

Ben White should be retrospectively dealt with for what he did on Saturday. It's pure cheating plain and simple not to mention incredibly stupid in these days of VAR.

The amount of times blatant cheating gets called professionalism is laughable.
If Haaland, or Odegaard, or Nunez go down easily, the pundits call it "winning a free kick/pen." No, they dived. It's cheating, and it should be called out as such.

If Haaland, or Odegaard, or Nunez go down easily, the pundits call it "winning a free kick/pen." No, they dived. It's cheating, and it should be called out as such.
The fuss that was made about our late penalty against Wolves being unfair and wrong, yet the same pundits regularly agree with the same incidents being a penalty because 'he felt contact and had every right to go down'

Hi Stegosaurus here

It was a sending off. If a Chelsea player did it to McBurnie or whoever, we'd be braying for the red.
Are wednesday so insignificant that you have to resort to poor trolling efforts on our forum? Shouldn't you be concentrating on your "great escape" in order to avoid going back down to the 3rd division...again?

If it was studs up as you say and I would add I’ve not seen it back, then VAR would most assuredly have intervened as they did with Holgate v Brighton so I for one doubt that it was as you describe. Happy to see a replay that contradicts though.

He won the ball and then took the man with his studs luckily as we have seen with other red-card tackles Stevie Wonder is the VAR operator most weeks

He won the ball and then took the man with his studs luckily as we have seen with other red-card tackles Stevie Wonder is the VAR operator most weeks
Palmer didn’t seem too bothered by it so it can’t have been too bad a connection can it otherwise he’d have been leaving on a stretcher in a leg brace.
Of the two it was the Anel one I was most worried about. I almost closed my eyes for that one.

It was a hard, mistimed tackle. I don't think there was any malice in it. You started off saying you thought Robbo intended to snap Palmer's leg. I don't think he did.

This ^ if you watch he actually slid his foot along the floor first and then it rose studs up as he fell backwards. He didnt go in at height with studs showing it was momentum and gravity that raised his foot. It was a mistimed tackle there was no malice in it and some on here saying he meant to maim Palmer is downright ludicrous.

It was a hard, mistimed tackle. I don't think there was any malice in it. You started off saying you thought Robbo intended to snap Palmer's leg. I don't think he did. On reflection, if someone did that to one of our players, I would probably, at the time, be screaming for a red. Having seen it back, I don't think it merited a red card. No harm, no foul as they say. Palmer is fine, Robbo isn't banned. Best of both worlds. I still think though, that Palmer made an unnecessary meal of it. While I hate playacting, I do sometimes wish our players were a bit "cuter" when it comes to milking fouls and bad tackles. We are too honest for our own good sometimes.

I think there was plenty of malice in it Robbo has done these tackles whenever he has had the chance

I think there was plenty of malice in it Robbo has done these tackles whenever he has had the chance
Football seems too violent a hobby for you.

Have you tried cross stitch? The needles can be a danger and you'll probably need to do a risk assessment first but hopefully you'll find it less scary and outrageous.

Last edited:

I enjoy a fair, robust challenge as much as the next knucklescraper but the tackle on Palmer was a disgrace and could've easily been a red card.

On that subject - I resent the United Media team doing post-match compilations of JLT 'doing' opposition players. It's taking us back to the moronic mindset of cheering when opposition players get hurt, like Holgates red card against Brighton which was met with applause and 'corrupt as f**k' chants.

Stinks of small club mentality.

Football seems too violent a hobby for you.

Have you tried cross stitch? The needles can be a danger and you'll probably need to do a risk assessment first but hopefully you'll find it less scary and outrageous.

I will nip down to my local Hobbycraft Davalon

The fuss that was made about our late penalty against Wolves being unfair and wrong, yet the same pundits regularly agree with the same incidents being a penalty because 'he felt contact and had every right to go down'

What are you talking about :D

Back
Top Bottom