Jack Robinson...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Was never his biggest fan the walking red card. Burnley at home last season was a turning point for me most would have hidden crumbled not Robbo. Has been out best defender by a distance this season and i never thought I'd say that.

I’m amazed we’ve never got a song going for Robbo. I suppose we’ve always half expected him to regress at some point and disappear out of the 11. He’s one of a few lads who, if they have two poor games, people would be calling for their heads (see McBurnie after Chelsea cameo).

I hope he keeps the armband. Our best player this season. So glad he’s a blade.

Fast becoming a cult figure, for me anyway.

Got the Morgan and Booker thing going.

Not the most cultured but better than some give them credit for, doesn't hide, one who doesn't back down, and a bit old skool.

In a world where throwing yourself to the ground and screaming out loud after being tackled is the norm and seen as part of the game, its refreshing to see players behave like Robbo.

He didn't receive the force Morgs did off McCulloch at Wigan but great to see players stand up when clipped rather than collapse like fannies.

I wonder if he’s still bullying the youngsters? 😁

Another fantastic performance from him!

Something with Scouse in it is a must after the recent "I'm a Scouse" shout at the crowd!

I'd love to get in a time machine and take myself back about 2 years. I'd then log on here and write that Jack Robinson would be our captain in the Premier League and half a season in been our best player.

The forum would be shouting for the nurse and the jacket with extra long sleeves to take me away. I would have agreed with it.

Rising fast up the list of CW's best signings.

I was also really impressed last night that he got the team in a huddle after we scored and, so it seemed, read them the riot act about keeping concentration. That's real leadership. Something only Billy would have done (not Egan, not Norwood, not Anel I submit), and reason for me for him to keep the armband for the foreseeable.

Give him the Arm Band FFS.
It’s really abundantly clear he should have got the arm band instead of Anel.

Perhaps Wilder thought this would somehow add a motivation to Anel, but it simply hadn’t happened.

Now, to do the right thing, it will look like Anel is being stripped of the captaincy.

Another gamble which didn’t work.

It’s really abundantly clear he should have got the arm band instead of Anel.

Perhaps Wilder thought this would somehow add a motivation to Anel, but it simply hadn’t happened.

Now, to do the right thing, it will look like Anel is being stripped of the captaincy.

Another gamble which didn’t work.

I think giving Anel the armband was to soften his push for a transfer.

Something that was done to benefit one player, rather than the whole team.

I think giving Anel the armband was to soften his push for a transfer.

Something that was done to benefit one player, rather than the whole team.
I love Jack Robbo and for me been player of the year. Although he doesn’t seem captain material. He is a live wire and as fans we love it.

But his strongest assets don’t really link to being a captain in today’s game. His hotheadedness isn’t really captain material.

Signing a new captain is one of the biggest things for next season recruitment drive.

I love Jack Robbo and for me been player of the year. Although he doesn’t seem captain material. He is a live wire and as fans we love it.

But his strongest assets don’t really link to being a captain in today’s game. His hotheadedness isn’t really captain material.

Signing a new captain is one of the biggest things for next season recruitment drive.
Would understand this take if our previous captain hadn't been Billy Sharp, who for my money was not only up their as one of our greatest captains ever but also one of the biggest hotheads in the team 😅

Begs the question why he didn't give him the armband in the first place?

The challenge he made yesterday wasn't the best tbh. It did give the ref a decision to make and I suppose we were fortunate that the ref didn't over react and give himself red at a pivotal time in the game. I like JRs all hearted challenges and what he brings to the team, but there are times when I think he lets his heart rule his head with some questionable challenges which could let us down. Just needs to control his capacity for the odd wild challenge when it doesn't need to be made whilst keeping that battling attitude and forceful tackles. A fine line for sure but if gets that right then he would be a real asset. I like him as captain but but needs to ensure he stays in the pitch. Don't give the refs (especially in the PL) any opportunities to send you off. They don't need much of an excuse.

Hi Stegosaurus here

It was a sending off. If a Chelsea player did it to McBurnie or whoever, we'd be braying for the red.
It's the 'thug with anger issues' comment I was referring to

Robinson probably should have gone for it, but as daft as it sounds the contact was probably minimal. Palmer was smiling about it once he got to his feet.

If the red card had come out though, none of us could have complained really. One of the many mistakes Jones made in the 2nd half. Thankfully this one went our way.

Hi Stegosaurus here

It was a sending off. If a Chelsea player did it to McBurnie or whoever, we'd be braying for the red.
If a Chelsea player did that to mcburnie Chelsea would have been given the free kick, that's how bent some of the refs are especially that muppet yesterday

Robinson probably should have gone for it, but as daft as it sounds the contact was probably minimal. Palmer was smiling about it once he got to his feet.

If the red card had come out though, none of us could have complained really. One of the many mistakes Jones made in the 2nd half. Thankfully this one went our way.

If it was my decision I’d have sent him off without hesitation. Bullet dodged.

If it was my decision I’d have sent him off without hesitation. Bullet dodged.

My immediate reaction was that he should have gone. I changed my tune a little bit when I saw a few replays as it didn't look as bad.

If he had have been sent off, there is no way VAR would have intervened though, so yes it was definitely one we got away with..

Just seen Ben White go down for arsenal for nothing, that made ref watch yet no one picked up on both those neck throttling incidents we had recently. Strange that

Back
Top Bottom