Jack Robinson...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He may not be the best LCB in the world, but he's far from the worst. He played his part in a solid defence last season. If he goes our left sided defenders consist of RND (may not come back the same), Lowe (struggled to impress), Osborn (more of a midfielder) and Egan (our mainstay in the middle of the three). We're probably going to have to find two more for notoriously difficult positions to fill as it is, it'll be three if Robinson leaves. I hope he stays and gets at least a 2 two year deal.

Robinson was due to be released. He has an offer to consider. I hope he signs on, even if it is on a reduced salary. One more player for the squad, who is a known quantity on the field and in the dressing room. That’s the only appropriate context now we face an EPL season.
His new offer might be one or two years. Either way the Blades win.

I believe it's called tackling. A dying art in the game.

Get into em Jack!
All well and good, but he knows he's going to give away a free-kick (as a minimum) for a tackle like that. We then conceded from the resulting set piece.

BTW I don't even think it should be a foul. But we know it's going to be given based on the laws of the game. So why give the ref a decision to make?

All well and good, but he knows he's going to give away a free-kick (as a minimum) for a tackle like that. We then conceded from the resulting set piece.

BTW I don't even think it should be a foul. But we know it's going to be given based on the laws of the game. So why give the ref a decision to make?

What to do then? Just pussyfoot around while they get round the back and put in one of those crosses our defence doesn't know how to deal with it?

Gerrrin there. They won't forget JLT in a hurry. They don't like it up em you know!

In todays game it was reckless. A yellow every day of the week.

Robinson knew exactly what he was doing, win the ball and take the man out.....bloke might put in some crunching tackles that get the fans on their feet but he's a liability with it. Time to give Trusty a run.

I thought it a harsh decision in real time. He gets there long before their player who has no right to go for it as he is always going to be late. Looks a foul in that clip.

What I don't understand is how easily our players get dispossessed when running with the ball or turning looking for a pass.
We seem to end up in a heap on the floor and the oppo midfielder has just stuck a foot out, collected the ball and is off running at our exposed defence with our player struggling back to his feet.
The "skill" to disposess a player like that is something we seem miles off, and should surely be coachable.
I think we're scared to get too close to attempt to dispossess most of the time. A very weak press if you like.
I reckon If we worked harder on this, opposition players would not think running with the ball such a good idea and would need to find a man to pass to, and likely will give up possession more.
Not pressing hard let's them ooze confidence and is why we are looking so second best in games.

Didn’t really see this in real time. But which did he get the card for- the ball winning tackle of the whole hearted pass directly after

In 2023 you are likely to get punished for tackles like this unfortunately.

Still at least he can still throw the ball long

Robinson knew exactly what he was doing, win the ball and take the man out.....bloke might put in some crunching tackles that get the fans on their feet but he's a liability with it. Time to give Trusty a run.
Hes the only one of the back three that will put a tackle in at the moment, and youd drop him?

With the greatest of respect, bollocks. Saw it up close. Great recovery tackle and superb release following. The second wasn’t even a tackle as he got to the ball fairly and legally first to prevent his opponent getting it. Atwell as per the rest of the cheating PLGOSL whatever it is called is simply a paid stooge used to protect the interests of the bigger clubs. Not my game anymore and after playing managing and watching over 6 decades I’m rapidly losing interest. Let the cheating cunts have the game, after all they’ve now bought it. I’ll do something else.

Which laws?

It’s a foul all day and the typical jacky shit for brains tackle

Why make a tackle like that when you know if you miss the ball by a split second you snap there players leg and get sent off

Anyone who has watched football the past 10 years knows you can’t tackle like that

JLT is a decent defender who makes bad decisions

Get Trusty in 👍

Foot off the floor. Always a foul when contact made.

FA Law 12

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play

JLT was penalised under the excessive force rule. Whether we like it or not his tackle yesterday was deemed to be excessive force. It doesn't matter whether he got the ball or not his follow through upended the bar code who clearly exaggerated the impact in true Eddie Howe style. Excessive force is usually a sending off offence so in that respect JLT escaped a red card probably because he was not off the ground although the rules are vague as usual and refer to a lunge which clearly it wasn't.

I don't agree with the wording of the rule as it is vague as any tackle where a player rolls around line a dying swan can be considered to be excessive. Yet we have to accept the rules are the rules and in that respect it was a tackle that shouldn't have been made as it led to a goal being conceded.

Back
Top Bottom