Jack O'Connell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How do you figure hes "contributed nothing" in 3yrs??
When all the players seem to say, that behind the scenes hes contributed loads, even if he hasn't played!
It's not "£50,000 a week" work though it is, though I take your point.

The best i've ever seen at the lane in my time supporting (25ish years) and the only player I was sure would have been called up for England whilst with us. Let's be straight he was in the top 3 or 4 defenders in the country prior to our COVID collapse and if it not for Southgate's blinkered view, should have been a cert to be representing his country. I suspect if paths fell differently, JOC would be at the high-end of the premier league now and i don't say that lightly, the trajectory he was on was frightening and sometimes gets forgotten.

An absolute shame how it has finished, but what a player he was.

I’m sure it’s been mentioned somewhere in the previous pages of this thread, but his performance against Brentford, when we were down to 10 men for most of the game, was absolutely superb Unparalleled in my time watching United.
There aren’t enough superlatives to do it justice.

In the 6 years he's been with us, I can think of 2 errors off the top of my head. That says something about how absolutely quality he was, and still one of my favourite united players ever.

In the 6 years he's been with us, I can think of 2 errors off the top of my head. That says something about how absolutely quality he was, and still one of my favourite united players ever.

Yep he was fairly faultless. It's hard to recall his mistakes if any.

Had he not got injured I fully expected him to get snapped up by Liverpool or someone. His career was going to the very top.

Be interesting to see what he does now, still only 29. Not sure if he's made an announcement on his socials.

Yep he was fairly faultless. It's hard to recall his mistakes if any.

Had he not got injured I fully expected him to get snapped up by Liverpool or someone. His career was going to the very top.
Villa away when we blew a 3 goal lead is the only one I remember. Having said that, that result seemed to galvanise us for the rest of the season. One of the best defenders I have ever seen at Bramall Lane, possibly even the best for his all round game.

Two memories of Jack that I have shared before.

Firstly,I found myself sharing a lift with him at the Copthorne on a match day morning so I asked him if Bash was playing today.

His reply, "I don't know, I missed training because I was sick yesterday"

I'll tell you what, he played like he was still sick that afternoon too but fortunately that didn't happen too often.

Secondly, I met his mum Sharon on a cruise ship the day we won 2-0 away at Sunderland.

I was looking for a bar on the ship to watch Soccer Saturday so I could keep up with the scores and another guy at the bar who was asking the same question, noticing my blades polo shirt said in astrong geordie accent "I hope you stuff them Mackems today" and then added "I'm with Jack O'Connells mum,she'll be down in a minute"

Spent the whole afternoon in the bar with them watching the scores come in.

Sharon was a lovely lady but she was quite petite and I couldn't help wondering how someone so small managed to breed someone so big 🤣

The other point of note was that Sharon said she was devastated when she found out that the magic hat song wasn't the sole property of Jack.

A lovely lass with a lovely son.

Two great human beings and really sad that such misfortune should strike such lovely people.

Back
Top Bottom