Jack O'Connell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

VwBlade

Reaction score
On his way to Liverpool for 53 Million according to some geezer on Facebook, who claims to have heard this from a friend of a friend. Hope its bollocks

Shared a post saying I could win a trip to the moon the other day. Hope it’s not bollocks.

If the ‘Pool can’t afford £50m for Timo Werner, they can’t afford £53m for JOC.

Even if the could there’s not a chance in hell that they’d pay that amount of money for a CB with the CV of JOC. That kind of money buys full international caps & CL experience.

£40m wouldn't be unrealistic. He's a superb player. Our biggest asset.

£40m wouldn't be unrealistic. He's a superb player. Our biggest asset.

Geee ‘or. I’m not disagreeing with his talent, but he’s £20m to £25m with add ons in the present climate.

Stefan Savic is currently being touted about at £19.5m.

Last edited:
I heard the same rumour off Sharons Mums Neighbour Karen, she'd heard it off the postman after she'd wrestled her dog from him.

Was posted on MumsNet.

So that's his new job, a postie. Thanks for letting me know :)

I'd forgotten that this is traditionally the time of year when Blades fans panic about losing our better players and our lack of funds to adequately replace them.

What on earth will the transfer window look like this year ?

No chance they are going to be spending anything like that kind of money on a central defender when they've got Van Dijk and Gomez.

Geee ‘or. I’m not disagreeing with his talent, but he’s £20m to £25m with add ons in the present climate.

Stefan Savic is currently being touted about at £19.5m.

There's been no precedent set yet for the post-covid transfer marker climate. For now, I wouldn't budge on the £40m valuation.

There's rumours in papers that Chelsea are looking to spend £50m on Lewis Dunk, £70m on Ben Chilwell... O'Connell is an elite player now.

If the ‘Pool can’t afford £50m for Timo Werner, they can’t afford £53m for JOC.

Even if the could there’s not a chance in hell that they’d pay that amount of money for a CB with the CV of JOC. That kind of money buys full international caps & CL experience.

Acronyms everywhere.

On his way to Liverpool for 53 Million according to some geezer on Facebook, who claims to have heard this from a friend of a friend. Hope its bollocks
If Van Djik was £75m from South Spamton why should JOC be any less? Let's not forget he wasn't always the player he is today, he had fantastic potential which he has stepped up to. Southampton weren't performing that great at that time either and VVD had just comeback, or was close to, from a serious injury lay off so I'd politely tell Pool to sod off and return with a realistic offer.

JOC is worth 80 mil assuming financial climates are unaltered, or the 'new' 80 mil if not :)

Back
Top Bottom