Incoming? Jack Clarke

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Looked ineffective for Sunderland today when up against premier league players. Giving it away, keeping hold too long. Poor decisions and generally showing he’s perhaps going to be one of those players that never quite makes it at the top.

Looked ineffective for Sunderland today when up against premier league players. Giving it away, keeping hold too long. Poor decisions and generally showing he’s perhaps going to be one of those players that never quite makes it at the top.
I think you’re being polite. He’s been pretty terrible, albeit against a decent side, but as you say, can’t make the step up. Doesn’t seem to really offer much and on a day like today you need a battler.

Bellingham looks a better bet. Very composed

I think you’re being polite. He’s been pretty terrible, albeit against a decent side, but as you say, can’t make the step up. Doesn’t seem to really offer much and on a day like today you need a battler.

Bellingham looks a better bet. Very composed
Yeah, it’s risky making a bold statement based on one game, but there’s a reason Spurs got rid. Yes he’s skilful, nippy when running with it, and can beat a man but that impact is limited when you’re up against premier league players all as quick or quicker so you have to be cleverer and make better decisions.
Today he made lots of poor decisions and either lost it in the tackle, poor cross giving the ball back or simply got crowded out as he ran too long with it.

I would be very concerned if we were seriously considering a bid of big money with a view to him being a premier league player.

Yeah, it’s risky making a bold statement based on one game, but there’s a reason Spurs got rid. Yes he’s skilful, nippy when running with it, and can beat a man but that impact is limited when you’re up against premier league players all as quick or quicker so you have to be cleverer and make better decisions.
Today he made lots of poor decisions and either lost it in the tackle, poor cross giving the ball back or simply got crowded out as he ran too long with it.

I would be very concerned if we were seriously considering a bid of big money with a view to him being a premier league player.
I think you could caveat it by saying he’s got a lot to learn to make the step up… or you could say he was crap.

Wasn’t the right player for that game. Though saying that a few Sunderland players needed a calmer head as the daft og (nothing unlucky about shinning it in), the pen, the giving the ball away for second goal, the lucky lad for not getting second yellow for the incident with Gordon all contributed to their downfall. But amongst that, Clarke stood out as being poor when he needed to make better decisions

We could well have been describing Ndiaye in those terms if he had stayed. No guarantees he’d have stepped up.

He moves like ndiaye, but doesn’t work half as hard and unfortunately seems very lightweight. Against someone who has pace and aggression he disappears

What's the opposite of the shop window? That's what Clarke put himself in yesterday.

Same as a lot of our players. Can smash championship but the PL is a whole new world. The levels are huge.

after what i saw in the fa cup no thanks. he was poor on saturday. no attacking threat. held on to the ball too long at time, lost it on halfway line & nearly cost sunderland a goal.

he would be an expensive mistake based on that

He was poor against Newcastle no doubt but it feels a bit harsh to write off his entire career on one game
He's lucky, Freckleton is being written-off based on 10 seconds of highlights!

I think it's symptomatic of modern life isn't it? Something is either amazing, or shit. There's very little nuance and grey area when analysing things in our modern world of instant gratification.

Saturday's game aside (from memory not many Utd players looked particularly special against Newcastle), he has already scored 11 this season and S'land are effectively playing without a striker.

I can't imagine how Utd would afford him but if he were an option, I'd be keen, despite having Archer and now BBD that plays naturally from the left

He was poor against Newcastle no doubt but it feels a bit harsh to write off his entire career on one game.
Ndiaye was far from br every time he pulled on a Blades shirt or have people forgotten that?
People we Ndiaye with rise tinted specs, he has a large number of games where he was ineffective.

People we Ndiaye with rise tinted specs, he has a large number of games where he was ineffective.
Can’t say I agree with that. Many if not most games we played “pass the ball to illiman and watch him do something magic”

The games he didn’t play we looked bang average.

If we actually pulled this off I would be thrilled. Not soo much for EPL but for next year's bounce back.

Back
Top Bottom