Ivan toney

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

my mate went to school with him and reckons he did butt stuff with a lass in a local park

Not sure we need any Bourneville Boulevard enthusiasts cluttering the forward line :confused:

my mate went to school with him and reckons he did butt stuff with a lass in a local park
Was it the Rother Valley park??, could explain the frequency of our players spotted dogging down there!!??

Rather have Swiss Tony playing for us up front. That man could score apparently. All it would take is our board to fund him a budget for some flowers, Belgian chocolates and champagne and he would be streets ahead as the top scorer.

I remember seeing this guy play on a few occasions, he was at Barnsley at one bit wasn't he? And I remember him at Scunny. I didn't think he was up to much then. Of course, he's still young and could improve. But is this the type of player we are looking to sign to push us on further from where we are at? I'd hope not tbh. I think for some positions you can take a chance on plucking a kid from lower leagues and grooming them into the role, but when you are talking about main strikers that's a job for someone who's already proven to some extent. Every club in the land is looking for proven strikers though, that's the problem - and they cost an arm and a leg. So, you either widen your search to foreign markets, some of which it is still possible to buy cheaply, or you take the loan route from a bigger club, like we did last season with Wilson.

I got to 2:15 in the video and i wouldn't spend a copper farthing of the budget on that lad. All his goals took ages for him to line up and he didn't seem to be challenged by anybody for any of them. Alternatives? Had a look at Mo Eisa video who I thought would be an option and he isn't much better despite scoring loads last season, I really hope the net is spreading much wider this year because I don't think there are any pickings for United in the English leagues.

I got to 2:15 in the video and i wouldn't spend a copper farthing of the budget on that lad. All his goals took ages for him to line up and he didn't seem to be challenged by anybody for any of them. Alternatives? Had a look at Mo Eisa video who I thought would be an option and he isn't much better despite scoring loads last season, I really hope the net is spreading much wider this year because I don't think there are any pickings for United in the English leagues.

Mo Eisa Blade and Mo Eisa Blade?

Remember when Poborski had a decent world cup scoring a great goal and was snapped up by Man Utd?

Just going through a purple patch. Over 160 league appearances already, mostly at league 1 level with a strike rate of 1 in 4. Think that’s his level. Not good enough for the championship never mind the top end of it

He's looked shocking whenever I've seen him but his goalscoring record for a while now is undeniably impressive, and he does seem to be improving.

Wilder's also managed him in the past, and was rumoured to be interested in signing him for us in L1.

If he was gettable on the cheap I'd be tempted, but he's at Peterborough so forget it. I would not spend big on him.

Would prefer Tom Eaves or Kiefer Moore from this level if we're talking a bigger guy or Elliot Lee as a more Jack Marriot type.

Just going through a purple patch. Over 160 league appearances already, mostly at league 1 level with a strike rate of 1 in 4. Think that’s his level. Not good enough for the championship never mind the top end of it

Yeah I get that but he is only 22 though... bare that in mind, and if anyone's going to get the best out of him in future years it's Wilder

I suggested this lad when he was at Northampton. Having kept an eye on him since then, I have got to agree with you SpongeBob.

On another note, to have 202 apps under your belt by the age of 22 is pretty impressive
Quite possibly, but not in the JTW. CW wants proven players who can make an immediate impact, not squad fillers.
Yeah true, which i'm sure is why he's looking to loans...

However, I do wonder if we need someone who is having a 'purple patch' to see us hit playoffs in May, rather than a proven older head who's not had much game time this season and not been scoring

despite however much i like the names mentioned on this forum such as Hogan, Defoe and Long

Wilder won't be going for Ivan Toney, nor any other players from League One, unless clubs are prepared to lose their best assets on loan and I very much doubt that's the loan deal Wilder is looking for this January. I wish we'd signed Marcus Maddison when we were buying from League One and Jack Marriot but we didn't, although we've been linked to both and according to the Posh Chairman we did speak to Steve Evans on Maddison and Marriot but Wilder didn't think Marriot represented good value, not so sure on Maddison. Toney is less proved than those two as well.

Wilder won't be going for Ivan Toney, nor any other players from League One, unless clubs are prepared to lose their best assets on loan and I very much doubt that's the loan deal Wilder is looking for this January. I wish we'd signed Marcus Maddison when we were buying from League One and Jack Marriot but we didn't, although we've been linked to both and according to the Posh Chairman we did speak to Steve Evans on Maddison and Marriot but Wilder didn't think Marriot represented good value, not so sure on Maddison. Toney is less proved than those two as well.
Wilder got the Marriot one wrong then. Apparently Fat Frank signed him on a John Terry recommendation. He’d played against him in the cup and thought he was decent.

Wilder got the Marriot one wrong then. Apparently Fat Frank signed him on a John Terry recommendation. He’d played against him in the cup and thought he was decent.

It looks very disappointing that we didn't get Marriot but we don't know if Wilder was given the budget to afford the fee for Marriot. I know that might appear to be a contradiction to Wilder saying he didn't think the deal represented good value but maybe it was more that we just couldn't afford him. The Star article below is what I'm referring too.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foo...ott-in-the-summer-from-peterborough-1-9414528

But then we seemed keen to sign Martyn Waghorn for a similar fee to Marriot but again maybe it was that we structured the deal for Waghorn differently to what Posh might have wanted for Marriot, i.e. we pay less up front than they wanted. Who knows! On the plus side at least we didn't spend £6m plus on Martyn Waghorn,e especially when you consider how well Sharp has done this season!

Back
Top Bottom