Ivan Campo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bryan Robson is hoping new signing Gary Speed can persuade former Bolton colleague Ivan Campo to join him at Bramall Lane. (The Sun)

We can all hope:)

From today's rag.........

Bolton's Spanish midfielder Ivan Campo wants to return home to Real Sociedad. (Daily Mirror)

the one thing we are lacking is pacy attacks, so he goes and signs old players when there legs are on there way out. Great!

the one thing we are lacking is pacy attacks, so he goes and signs old players when there legs are on there way out. Great!

I agree we need more pace, but Speed is also exactly the sort of player we need. Someone the players will respect, a leader on the pitch, plenty of effort, class and a footballing brain.

exactly, we have speed so we dont need another. we need pace.

by playing 2 aged players in a midfield which struggles for pace already is going to give us a real chance for promotion?

its alright having them, but whos he going to pass too. his legs are on there way out, hows he going to be the one furthest forward leading the line too shoot?

thought we bought speed for that. would be a nice addition to the squad no doubt but not exactly what we need.

Having got Speed that makes the need for Campo less than the need for a lifeboat on a bicycle.

There was a point during yesterdays game when I wanted 2 cry! The ball was being headed about in midfield and the first player to take charge was being managed by Warnock and wearing white! ... Gary Speed I believe will provide that leadership and as already stated - a footballing brain! At the moment weve got no size and control of the midfield - too many teams come to the Lane and take control of that area far too easily

Does anyone still think Campo would be a good signing based on Saturdays "performance" :)

Looks like we made a lucky escape :)

Got to admit though that he was never promoted as a centre-back, but playing in front of the back four I reckon he could still pass the ball well.

It's only really in his later years he's played in midfield though... Many people only really remember him from his Bolton - 45 yard piledriver days... A few round us were in utter shock at the apparent comedy of an "attacking midfielder" starting the game as a centre back :) Then again, they also thought he was Italian :D

I'd have probably said the same and took a gamble on him when we were linked, but having seen him a couple of times since... I fear we'd have just been wasting a LOT of money for the return he'd give us.

Still, despite his persona on the pitch on Saturday... He sounds like a half decent bloke... :

http://guillembalague.com/guestwriter_desp.php?id=5

His legs have gone.

If people think Morgan is a liability, I should hope they never want to see Campo in red and white.

He definitely wouldn't get away with what he did yesterday.

He seems argumentative and not a motivator to the players around him, the second half all he did was shout at the defense, telling them where to stand...might be nice off pitch, but seems too hot headed on it.

Looks like we made a lucky escape :)

A very lucky one. The thought of signing Campo was, I think, based on the Campo of a few years ago. Thankfully we didn't get the Campo of Saturday..

As for the letter to the Bolton fans, in the age of greedy mercenaries just after the cash that shows a great deal of class.

I didn't even realise it was him until near the end of the game. He did look very poor though, glad we didn't sign him based on that performance.

I didn't even realise it was him until near the end of the game. He did look very poor though, glad we didn't sign him based on that performance.

I didn't realise either!

Back
Top Bottom