It can’t be only me..

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Skiliman

Reaction score
We have Sharp,McBurnie, Brewster and Didzy who can all score 15+ in the Championship if they play enough games, but it can’t be only me that realises they’ve fed off scraps for the last 24 months and we are crying out for our ‘Duffy replacement’. I’ve been watching back our highlights and it is ridiculous how influential he was in our promotion season, not always the final pass but him playing between the lines and taking players out of the game was what made us tick. Davies and Ronaldo arent going to change this either. Freeman has never had a run of games, surely he can do it better than Didzy has the last 2 weeks?

We have Sharp,McBurnie, Brewster and Didzy who can all score 15+ in the Championship if they play enough games, but it can’t be only me that realises they’ve fed off scraps for the last 24 months and we are crying out for our ‘Duffy replacement’. I’ve been watching back our highlights and it is ridiculous how influential he was in our promotion season, not always the final pass but him playing between the lines and taking players out of the game was what made us tick. Davies and Ronaldo arent going to change this either. Freeman has never had a run of games, surely he can do it better than Didzy has the last 2 weeks?
Osborn made a huge difference when he came on, Mcburnie set up the best chance of the night, the starting line up puzzled me, but Freeman not getting on for Mcgoldrick and playing Brewster in the middle, rather than Bogle for Brewster puzzled me even more

Osborn made a huge difference when he came on, Mcburnie set up the best chance of the night, the starting line up puzzled me, but Freeman not getting on for Mcgoldrick and playing Brewster in the middle, rather than Bogle for Brewster puzzled me even more
Freeman used to play on the right for Stevenage years ago, I remember him tearing us apart. Surely he could of come on instead of Bogle? Not sure what he’s done wrong tbh

100% agree - we have been starved of creativity and attacking midfield talent for well over a year. It's starting to frustrate me that nobody at SUFC seems to be addressing it (Viera is a defensive midfielder isnt he?!).

GET SOME ATTACKING MIDFIELD TALENT FFS.

Box-to-box type if I remember from when he was at Leeds. A welcome addition to a dead midfield but not the creative type we’re crying out for.

Everyone on here knows we need a playmaker, so surely the management know it too.

We seem to be dead full stop. No creation from mid field and the strikers are pathetic. Burke is a joke he runs around like a bloody headless chicken at 100 mph for no apparent reason but he is not on his own non of our forwards have a clue . Billy has been great for us over the years but he is well past his best . McBurnie is shocking . The Moose will be lucky to spend 5 hours on the pitch all season .Webster has become prolific having scored a grand total of 1 goal in 12 months. Time to let the youngsters loose ? Why not? can not be any worse then this lot of so called strikers. Or go and get some one in who knows how to put the ball in the net .Not much chance of that though. We have had this problem for 18 months or more and nothings been done to put things right. Time to rebuild i think. Don't want to do a Sunderland .

Try playing Brewster down the middle - the way that he played at Swansea rather than the wing back role he virtually played yesterday! And put Zak Brunt in midfield to see whether he could do a job.

Or maybe why not give Tyler Smith a run - it’ll be make or break but we need to find out if the young Billy Sharp is in there.

Or buy a few players…😳

Try playing Brewster down the middle - the way that he played at Swansea rather than the wing back role he virtually played yesterday! And put Zak Brunt in midfield to see whether he could do a job.

Or maybe why not give Tyler Smith a run - it’ll be make or break but we need to find out if the young Billy Sharp is in there.

Or buy a few players…😳
We played 4 strikers, or 3 and Didsy as a free, roaming role, Billy had one header, from a free kick with the centre half all over him, Burke didn't get a chance, but set one up, Brewster snatched at half a chance in the second half and had one run in the first, Mcburnie set up the best chance of the game for MCgoldrick ( flagged offside ) the majority of chances and shots fell to McGoldrick, easy save for the first, awful attempt that hot flagged and one that almost cleared the stand in the second half, on last nights evidence McG isn't the answer in midfield or attack

We seem to be dead full stop. No creation from mid field and the strikers are pathetic. Burke is a joke he runs around like a bloody headless chicken at 100 mph for no apparent reason but he is not on his own non of our forwards have a clue . Billy has been great for us over the years but he is well past his best . McBurnie is shocking . The Moose will be lucky to spend 5 hours on the pitch all season .Webster has become prolific having scored a grand total of 1 goal in 12 months. Time to let the youngsters loose ? Why not? can not be any worse then this lot of so called strikers. Or go and get some one in who knows how to put the ball in the net .Not much chance of that though. We have had this problem for 18 months or more and nothings been done to put things right. Time to rebuild i think. Don't want to do a Sunderland .
Webster ?

Yeah, it’s only you. Out of all the fans we have, you’re the only one who’s realised how desperate we are for some creativity in midfield.

Osborn made a huge difference when he came on,
He had 2 great opportunities to whip balls into the box.

1st one he turned onto his weaker right foot and shot.

2nd one his cross was pathetic.

He can have an 8 for getting into the best 2 crossing positions that we got into all night. He can have a 1 for his final ball

He can have an 8 for getting into the best 2 crossing positions that we got into all night. He can have a 1 for his final ball
He literally filled a gap on the left, a glaring and obvious gap, and offered more than Brewster, which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone as Brewster is not a left winger or midfielder

We 100% lack creativity but we also lack an aggressive ball winner. Vieira will make a huge difference, he'll hopefully be out Kante and chase/win the ball. We STILL don't close down players outside our box, for whatever reason. Our forwards do a good job on the keeper/defense, but our defense/midfield stand back and let the opposition take their time and do as they please.

On the “2nd one”, are you talking about the one where he hit McBurnie on the front post which had to be turned away for a corner? Personally, I thought it was a good cross as he’d quite clearly tried to pick a specific target out rather than just lumping it in.

Completely agree. 0 creativity in this side, and I’d rather see Freeman if we’re not signing any.

McGoldrick is not the answer to our midfield problems.

Bogle down the right
Norrington Davies down the left
Those two might give us a different dimension on both flanks instead of Baldock and whoever else is on the left.

That might help create more chances

Bogle down the right
Norrington Davies down the left
Those two might give us a different dimension on both flanks instead of Baldock and whoever else is on the left.

That might help create more chances

Completely agree on Bogle and RND.
We’ve seen for many years Baldock hasn’t an attacking bone in his body.

On the “2nd one”, are you talking about the one where he hit McBurnie on the front post which had to be turned away for a corner? Personally, I thought it was a good cross as he’d quite clearly tried to pick a specific target out rather than just lumping it in.
Think he over hit it or pulled it back to nobody. Can't remember in all honesty, was a bit bored and pissed

Didzy wasn't actually offside when through on keeper but linesman took some of the shine off his awful effort by flagging offside.

Back
Top Bottom