It’s over - Acording to Hecky

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This article, probably crap as source is the Sun 🤮 but mentions we are after a striker still. I wonder if Hecky can just see it's unlikely and therefore doesn't want to come out and say we're still trying all for it to come to nothing, whereas if we do bring in someone it's a pleasant surprise. I could get it if we were only playing one up top as we'd have one of Archer or McBurnie on the bench but based on tactics thus far we've gone with two even v City.

I've no idea, it worries me the insinuation of something happening outwards like Baldock going. Can't see that now though to be honest, maybe he means some of the squad players going.
We'd be fools to sell Baldock now regardless of price. 🤞 the Prince and board have some sense

We definitely needed another body in! Don't think Hecky will be pleased either. He doesn't go from saying as many as possible to happy with business after signing 1, unless either:

A. The budget wouldn't stretch
B. Quality of players interested in coming weren't good enough.

Think we are going to struggle without another CAM / Deep Lying Forward in the long run. All it will take is a knock to McAtee and our creativity will be straight out of the window.

A little disappointing we are giving up with three hours to go

Also it is possible some of the players we wanted changed their mind and went elsewhere. Just because we want them doesn't mean they want to come here.

We seem to be building for next season in the championship. Which Is abit disappointing but that's where we are with this owner.
You finally realising this on deadline day is hilarious

I'm not sure what percentage there is in lying about this though - anyone coming in wouldn't be able to play tomorrow and after that, our next opponents have a couple of weeks to prepare for whatever incomings we have.
not saying hes lying depends how you interpret his words i think theres still a possibility of another coming in hope so because we could definetly do with either another striker or attacking midfielder to come in

Not a bad window, but we'll need to keep the first 11 fit because the depth is lacking

We've failed to strengthen sufficiently on the left side of defence. Thomas may paper over the cracks till January

We've wasted money retaining players we shouldn't have

And we're gambling heavily on McBurnie staying fit

Given ourselves a chance but it's frustrating because it wouldn't have taken much more to make survival a probability IMO

And McAtee not registered for tomorrow is a kick in the balls that could cost us

Not a bad window, but we'll need to keep the first 11 fit because the depth is lacking

We've failed to strengthen sufficiently on the left side of defence. Thomas may paper over the cracks till January

We've wasted money retaining players we shouldn't have

And we're gambling heavily on McBurnie staying fit

Given ourselves a chance but it's frustrating because it wouldn't have taken much more to make survival a probability IMO

And McAtee not registered for tomorrow is a kick in the balls that could cost us
We win tomorrow without McAtee anyway

A fairly negative way to end an interview by Hecky by worrying fans that someone may leave. Maybe tactical on his part to put pressure on the Prince not to sell players. Obviously the time of day the interview has taken place shows they were trying for another deal. Hopefully a double bluff but looking unlikely.

From the star:

Heckingbottom, speaking on Sky Sports News from United’s transfer base at their Shirecliffe training ground, is not switching off totally until the clock ticks past 11pm, however. Asked if McAtee completes his transfer business for the summer, he said: “That’s it. But I’m not relaxed until [the window] closes; the only way it wouldn’t be it is if someone comes and buys one of our players.

“We’re all on the same page, I’ve just been on the phone with Prince Abdullah there. We’re happy, we’re content with what we’ve done and we’ve all worked really hard. So I’m hoping that’s it for us. We’ll be aware of what could potentially happen in the next couple of hours but hopefully we’ve done all our business and we can look forward and just attack the rest of the season."

We seem to be building for next season in the championship. Which Is abit disappointing but that's where we are with this owner.

Not really, you’ve obviously fallen for the “best league in the world” marketing bollocks. In reality, half of the Premier League aren’t that good and there is no reason we won’t be better than at least three teams this season.

I fucking hate the transfer window. Mainly because it’s bollocks, but also because it turns fans - ours at least, I can’t speak for other teams’ - into spoilt kids, always wanting one more.

Given what everyone thought at the beginning of the window, we’ve done fantastically well. We were never going to keep Starboy, and we’ve upgraded Berge to Hamer. We’ve brought in some real quality and some great potential. Ten players in. If you’d said at the end of last season that we’d have Hamer, Archer and Souza playing for us, you’d have been laughed at.

But still, people want just one more. It’s like a fucking addiction.

A fairly negative way to end an interview by Hecky by worrying fans that someone may leave. Maybe tactical on his part to put pressure on the Prince not to sell players. Obviously the time of day the interview has taken place shows they were trying for another deal. Hopefully a double bluff but looking unlikely.

From the star:

Heckingbottom, speaking on Sky Sports News from United’s transfer base at their Shirecliffe training ground, is not switching off totally until the clock ticks past 11pm, however. Asked if McAtee completes his transfer business for the summer, he said: “That’s it. But I’m not relaxed until [the window] closes; the only way it wouldn’t be it is if someone comes and buys one of our players.

“We’re all on the same page, I’ve just been on the phone with Prince Abdullah there. We’re happy, we’re content with what we’ve done and we’ve all worked really hard. So I’m hoping that’s it for us. We’ll be aware of what could potentially happen in the next couple of hours but hopefully we’ve done all our business and we can look forward and just attack the rest of the season."
We’ve no one worth buying aside from Anel

I fucking hate the transfer window. Mainly because it’s bollocks, but also because it turns fans - ours at least, I can’t speak for other teams’ - into spoilt kids, always wanting one more.

Given what everyone thought at the beginning of the window, we’ve done fantastically well. We were never going to keep Starboy, and we’ve upgraded Berge to Hamer. We’ve brought in some real quality and some great potential. Ten players in. If you’d said at the end of last season that we’d have Hamer, Archer and Souza playing for us, you’d have been laughed at.

But still, people want just one more. It’s like a fucking addiction.

Spot on. Being greedy i would have loved one more attacking player, but I'm pleased as punch with the business we have done and we have brought in two fantastic young players in the last 48 hours. We have done some tremendous business and really worked hard. I'd give us an 8 out of 10 transfer window with a 3 out of 10 budget. Well done to Hecky, Bettis, Shieber and Mitchell.

And also well done to the Prince.When you consider where we could have been if he had just not bothered as he 'only wants to get shut' then you realise that that just isn't the case and he has done his best by us. Some though won't have it and just act like spoilt kids. Well done United. Now let's do Everton tomorrow.

Last edited:
Would have been nice to have another striker in but pleased with the business we've done this summer.

still think were 1 striker short to have a real chance of safety in this division hoping mcburnie and archer dont suffer any injuries is asking a lot osula jebbison brewster and traore wont get us the goals for us to survive certainly not at this level

still think were 1 striker short to have a real chance of safety in this division hoping mcburnie and archer dont suffer any injuries is asking a lot osula jebbison brewster and traore wont get us the goals for us to survive certainly not at this level
Got to agree, think relying on the minutes from injury prone and inexperienced players up top will send us down

Back
Top Bottom