Ismaila Coulibaly

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Slightly off topic, but what happened to Arblaster?

Nice to see Coulibaly back though and Brooks seems to have a but about him too.

There was some stuff about him being in hospital over Christmas on social media

Unclear. He posted "will be back stronger," then a week or so later he seemed to be giving bloods. Not sure if the two are linked.
Unfortunate for him if he's out for a while as a loan move would've really suited him. There was chat that he was off to Chesterfield.

Looks a serious talent. Didn't "wow" in his first team debit, but it was a messy game away at Cardiff and he didn't do a lot wrong other than being a little bit positionally unaware out wide. I think he looks more of a CM.

Seems to be getting closer to the first team and comes across as a good lad on the social media content coming out to the club.

Are we likely to see him off the bench soon?

Seems to be getting closer to the first team and comes across as a good lad on the social media content coming out to the club.

Are we likely to see him off the bench soon?
He has been on the bench for the previous three matches, came on as sub last mins of the Millwall cup match

Agreed. Arblaster has been signed of sick according to the club. He has an undisclosed illness, NOT an injury. PH mentioned it in one of his updates.

I suspect PH is keeping a few promising youngsters around the first team just in case he needs them, probably as bench warmers. PH will not want a repeat of the previous injury fiasco without at least some back up. His job is clearly defined as ‘Football Manager’.

In that capacity, he has probably been told more than he can say publicly. He’s keeping quiet, but doing the best he can with what he’s got. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

I’d say he’s bound to start Satdi
We aren’t going to win the cup so play as many reserves as possible. Promotion is paramount for obvious reasons. Don’t risk more injuries
We’re not going to win the cup with an attitude like that! 😄

I think right now the cup is a good thing.

Yes it’s more matches but we have players who seem to need the games.

McBurnie and Coulibaly both need this for improving fitness. I’d say Osborn and Basham need it too, in order to avoid rustiness. It’s one of the few chances Davies gets for games. While Doyle and McAtee seem to be rotating one spot, they probably both wouldn’t mind the minutes. Billy hasn’t played that many minutes the last couple of games and likewise Jebbo probably would appreciate more game time against a lower league team to build confidence further. So you’re looking at a good 8 from those mentioned who probably should be happy for the game time. You might end up with Robbo, Egan Norwood and even Ahmedhodzic playing due to injuries in their positions but you still can rest Ndiaye, Bogle, Lowe and Berge, who seems to be nursing a problem by all all accounts.

That’s a decent team.

I’d say he’s bound to start Satdi
We aren’t going to win the cup so play as many reserves as possible. Promotion is paramount for obvious reasons. Don’t risk more injuries
I agree, but I think Hecky likes to works these lads to their last breathe & wont want the tv upset embarrassment.

We don’t have a league game until next Saturday so Hecky won’t want us to lose momentum

I think the team will be strong;

Davies
Bogle Bash Egan Robbo Lowe
Doyle Norwood Osborn
McAtee
Sharp

McBurnie, NDiaye, Jebbo, Berge, Wes, Coulibaly, Anel

Osborn might play in Lowes position & then have NDiaye in there. We’ll see

Last edited:
I'd say go strong on Sunday but the next round of the fa cup is midweek between our games v Watford and Blackburn

I agree, but I think Hecky likes to works these lads to their last breathe & wont want the tv upset embarrassment.

We don’t have a league game until next Saturday so Hecky won’t want us to lose momentum

Davies
Doyle Norwood Osborn
McAtee
Sharp

3 5 11 ? With sharp up top says zero attack threat to me.

Davies
Doyle Norwood Osborn
McAtee
Sharp

If he starts Bogle he wants his bumps feeling

If he starts Bogle he wants his bumps feeling

With Baldock, Stevens & RND still out, I'd be resting Bogle and Lowe.

Something like...

.........................Davies
........Basham....Egan....Robinson
Sachdev................................Osborn
..........Doyle...Norwood...Coulibaly
........................McAtee
..........................Sharp

Subs: Foderingham, Bogle, Lowe, Ahmedhodzic, Brooks, McBurnie, Jebbison.

A strong looking side, with enough quality to get the job done but plenty in reserve on the bench if we need it.
I'd probably give Jebbison half an hour for Sharp, Brooks half an hour for Coulibaly and only send any of the others out if we need them late on.

Why do i have a feeling we’ll be waxing lyrical about him next season in the PL? He’s been forgotten about due to injuries but before he came he was the best thing since sliced bread, i have a sneaky feeling he’ll live up to the prior expectations

Something like...

A strong looking side, with enough quality to get the job done but plenty in reserve on the bench if we need it.
I'd probably give Jebbison half an hour for Sharp, Brooks half an hour for Coulibaly and only send any of the others out if we need them late on.
Certain players are low injury risk and Norwood is one of them but I still wouldn't play him because he's just too important

I'd leave McAtee out too. Don't want another Luton experience against a Phil Hoofinson team on a bumpy pitch

Would think about giving McBurnie 60 mins or so to prepare him to start at Rotherham, where I think he'll be needed

Coulibaly though has to start. If not now, then I don't know when. 75 mins would be good

Something like...

Team I'd go for but got to have Berge or Ndiaye on bench instead of Brooks just to be sure.

Something like...

That’s an awfully slow side

Something like...

Very similar to what I was thinking, that starting 11. Maybe Jebbo instead of Sharp.

Just terrified of Bogle/Lowe/Ndiaye getting injured on a crappy pitch.

Pretty sure Ndiaye will insist on playing mind you.

I would expect Brooks to at least be on the bench he did not start for u21 last night
unless injured

Back
Top Bottom