Is that all we will see of Bash?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Unfortunately I think Bash will struggle to get a start in a back four, however I'd have him start before Robinson any day of the week, even if it means playing two right footers at CB.

I'd also have McG starting before Brewster in any of those 3 positions behind the striker, in fact I'd be playing Didzy in the centre of that 3.

He’s perfectly capable cover if we get injuries, been nothing short of superb for us and will go down as a blades legend but think Egan and Davies are the 2 first choices and rightly so.

He’s perfectly capable cover if we get injuries, been nothing short of superb for us and will go down as a blades legend but think Egan and Davies are the 2 first choices and rightly so.
also think that he’ll be useful for games where we’ll need a bit more battle and height in midfield or if we’re matching opposition with a back 3

Unfortunately I think Bash will struggle to get a start in a back four, however I'd have him start before Robinson any day of the week, even if it means playing two right footers at CB.

I'd also have McG starting before Brewster in any of those 3 positions behind the striker, in fact I'd be playing Didzy in the centre of that 3.
Deffo agree on bash ahead of Robinson.

Think bash will be a casualty of new manager change. I'm sure Slavs seen his commitment and fitness etc but this is what happens.

Deffo agree on bash ahead of Robinson.

Think bash will be a casualty of new manager change. I'm sure Slavs seen his commitment and fitness etc but this is what happens.
A fellow blade remarked to me that he could see Wilder getting a job and coming back for Bash.

To answer the OP title - yes, that's all we'll see.

A player to close a game out.

Love his contributions (in the past) to bits, but the game is up in a 4 man defence with full backs that play just like wing backs.

Teams have altered how they play in the past to match us up - don't think Slav will do that on the evidence we've seen up until now - this team goes forward with a 4.

Main issue for me now is who Slav sees as his 1 or 2 deep sitting centre midfield players - and they don't include bash either.

Everything comes to an end - Bash is a legend. What's his contract at the club?

UTB

To answer the OP title - yes, that's all we'll see.

A player to close a game out.

Love his contributions (in the past) to bits, but the game is up in a 4 man defence with full backs that play just like wing backs.

Teams have altered how they play in the past to match us up - don't think Slav will do that on the evidence we've seen up until now - this team goes forward with a 4.

Main issue for me now is who Slav sees as his 1 or 2 deep sitting centre midfield players - and they don't include bash either.

Everything comes to an end - Bash is a legend. What's his contract at the club?

UTB

Contract ends in summer I think.

My player of the year for the last few seasons, but doesn’t seem to be getting a look in. Came on and brought a smile to my face. Someone who plays wherever he is asked and puts a reyt shift in. Can he not fit into this formation? I would create a formation around him. Is it just me?….

Yes let's go back to 352 to fit in a player who is the wrong side of 32.

Jesus wept

Bash is a good utility player to have around who will play were ever needed.

He will come in useful at some point.

Did ok but made some mistakes including poor marking for their first, dont think he did enough to convince Slav he should be starting.

He's a fan favorite, but no room for sentiment... we move on!

Did ok but made some mistakes including poor marking for their first, dont think he did enough to convince Slav he should be starting.

He's a fan favorite, but no room for sentiment... we move on!
Wondered where he was at first when I saw the cross to the back post. But Bash had been tracking a runner (Broja) and forced him to play it wide/backwards. Then their RB ran at Stevens and as nobody came to cover behind Stevens, Bash had to stay as the 2nd defender, while also keeping an eye on Broja.

1632323778590.png
I think the ideal solution would be if Norwood race in to cover behind Stevens, allowing Basham to get back to defend a first post cross while Robinson backed further off to deal with a back post cross.

Bogle has to stay goalside of his man and challenge better for these crosses. I think he's strong enough, but needs to be more aware of the danger situations. He looked in two minds about marking the scorer Diallo, or the lurking Djenepo further back, but the former must be his priority.

1632325667158.png

A bit later, this is better. Very similar situation, and Southampton tried exactly the same. But here Norwood is ready to step in behind Stevens and we have both centre halves in front of our goal.

No excuses for bringing this thread back, but who can argue the change since Bash has been in the side. Yes it helps going to a back 3, although he gives his all wherever he plays. I just hope that he doesn’t get tempted to to go ‘up North’ in January. Once a Blade, always a Blade UTB

Ha ha Bashams form since he came back is emmence he has brought energy back to the side I only saw both as cover but they are worth a shirt at the moment but they ain’t the future
The future eh.?

In the mad mad world of football that is rarely beyond the very next game. One after at the most !!!

UTB

Yes let's go back to 352 to fit in a player who is the wrong side of 32.

Jesus wept

Bash is a good utility player to have around who will play were ever needed.

He will come in useful at some point.
I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I always thought Bash could fit in any system, more than just a utility player. I love that he is back playing week in, week out. He is there on merit.

Football is all about opinions and perspectives, all completely valid. That’s why it’s great!!

I found myself clapping like a seal at some of his recovery tackles from his own mistakes yesterday, 2 or 3 times he got himself in trouble and then got himself out of it again. I think he knew they were shit and just wanted more to do.

He's the Blades player I have the most affection for out of anyone ever since I started watching in the 1990-91 season. I loved Bradshaw and Whitehouse back then as well as Tracey and Kelly through the years, but Basham is just a class act, and from people I know who know him personally he's a class act off the pitch as well.

I found myself clapping like a seal at some of his recovery tackles from his own mistakes yesterday, 2 or 3 times he got himself in trouble and then got himself out of it again. I think he knew they were shit and just wanted more to do.

He's the Blades player I have the most affection for out of anyone ever since I started watching in the 1990-91 season. I loved Bradshaw and Whitehouse back then as well as Tracey and Kelly through the years, but Basham is just a class act, and from people I know who know him personally he's a class act off the pitch as well.

Basham yesterday was just everywhere. He makes a mistake and that engine kicks into gear and he is already winning the ball back or making a block.

I used to give Basham a fair bit of stick during the Clough years but he gives 100% every match without fail. Him and Billy are examples to the rest of the squad.

Back
Top Bottom