Is that all we will see of Bash?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
My player of the year for the last few seasons, but doesn’t seem to be getting a look in. Came on and brought a smile to my face. Someone who plays wherever he is asked and puts a reyt shift in. Can he not fit into this formation? I would create a formation around him. Is it just me?….

I love Bash, he's probably my favourite Blades player. But Slav plays 4 at the back.

Bash isn't a full back, Egan and Davies are more solid CB's imo. In a three where you have one pushing forward he gives you something else, I just don't think he fits in to Slavs plans in the first 11 and I can see why if I'm honest with myself.

It's a shame but we're here to win games, and that means picking the strongest 11 who fit into the gaffers tactics

I love Bash, he's probably my favourite Blades player. But Slav plays 4 at the back.

Bash isn't a full back, Egan and Davies are more solid CB's imo. In a three where you have one pushing forward he gives you something else, I just don't think he fits in to Slavs plans in the first 11 and I can see why if I'm honest with myself.

It's a shame but we're here to win games, and that means picking the strongest 11 who fit into the gaffers tactics

Yep it's the same reason DMcG won't get much of a look in

I suppose we are going to build this squad around MGW. Bash is going to be a utility player I fear

Don’t see how he can play if we stick to this formation.

think he should have been starting ahead of Robinson, but he’s not a centreback or a proper left back.

And don’t see how we can justify going back to 532 or similar now we have actually started to score and look good creatively.

100%

now we have finally found some creativity and a formation has started working I don’t see how he can be starting.

utility man though and I could see him filling in in midfield to close games out. He should also be 3rd choice CB, and we are going to get some minor injuries and suspensions you fear. So I think he’ll get chances

I think he will be defensive cover for the season.

The Right Hand side of a three CB formation was custom made for Bash, but we all saw how he struggled in League one in a Two Centre back formation. (I would still have him in front of Robinson though)

He is a fully fledged club legend but his time may be coming to an end. Will always be welcome back here through the rest of his life.

Agree with all comments so far, just let my sentimental side get the better of me. Would love him to play week in week out, even if it’s not for us.
I think I have a man crush …. now don’t get me started of Furious/Gorgeous

I’d rather we play well and win games than be sentimental. Nothing against Bash who has been, to use the parlance, a ‘magnificent servant of the club’, but if having him start weakens us we have to be cold about it.

I’d rather we play well and win games than be sentimental. Nothing against Bash who has been, to use the parlance, a ‘magnificent servant of the club’, but if having him start weakens us we have to be cold about it.

When he came on today I thought he strengthened us. Bash has got better with age, so I am not sure I buy into him not being able to play in a two.

When he came on today I thought he strengthened us. Bash has got better with age, so I am not sure I buy into him not being able to play in a two.
When he came on we were 3-1 up so it was a completely different game. I still think he has a place, but I buy into the idea that you always pick your strongest starting XI for the game at hand

When he came on we were 3-1 up so it was a completely different game. I still think he has a place, but I buy into the idea that you always pick your strongest starting XI for the game at hand

I don't think he should be started in a 2 but he is certainly decent enough cover for a 2.

Which is concerning re: MGW given that I understand he has a January recall clause?
I’m not too concerned tbh, as if he carries on like this we will become a good option for more players to join, whether ones that have found themselves on the fringes of top flight clubs (abroad or UK) to loan, or even the odd perm signing if we have put ourselves in a strong position by then.

I’m not too concerned tbh, as if he carries on like this we will become a good option for more players to join, whether ones that have found themselves on the fringes of top flight clubs (abroad or UK) to loan, or even the odd perm signing if we have put ourselves in a strong position by then.
That’s true, though would rather have the security of knowing he is here for a full season. Not like United for anything to go wrong in the transfer window 😳

Bash is history weve just got to move on
Bollocks. Sharp was history 4 years ago. Some folks never learn 👀.

Only a fool would write of CB and / or DMc.

Maybe they are only 2 of 3/4 who came out of last seasons debacle with any sort of credit.

I’d be gobsmacked if they were not to go and have important roles as the season unfolds.

Long hard slog this Championship malarkey !

UTB

Bollocks. Sharp was history 4 years ago. Some folks never learn 👀.

Only a fool would write of CB and / or DMc.

Maybe they are only 2 of 3/4 who came out of last seasons debacle with any sort of credit.

I’d be gobsmacked if they were not to go and have important roles as the season unfolds.

Long hard slog this Championship malarkey !

UTB
Slav will keep keep Bash and Didsy for cover only it’s clear they aren’t in his starting plans this is a new era for the Blades Wilderball is history

Slav will keep keep Bash and Didsy for cover only it’s clear they aren’t in his starting plans this is a new era for the Blades Wilderball is history
That might well be the case. We will see.

The pair still have plenty to offer though. Be quite sure of that.

UTB

I can appreciate the need to move with the times, different manager, different formations and attributes of individual players
However it sticks in my craw that players like Bashambauer and Didsy have to be consigned to history so easily it seems
These are players that do have redeeming qualities and more to the point have shown time and time again the loyalty and effort and flexibility and willingness to play differently And take their profession as a footballer extremely seriously
I try and forget the wage thief from last year who went north of the border, but apparently he had to get a shirt every game at all costs, similarly there are players in this current set up who apparently we have to give extended runs to so that they can find form or some other miraculous gift from the gods that will seemingly change them into world beaters that apparently they always were and make them take their profession and club more seriously
Yet Bash and Didsy are history
Maybe Slav will be more flexible than that…..
He often talks about ‘playing for the crest’ - so I don’t think he will give up on them so easily
I have more confidence with Bash and Didsy coming good than our other under performers….

I really like Bashambauer but I remember seeing photos of him looking worried when Slav (who plays 4 at the back) first arrived. I thought at the time that he would likely be one of the casualties even though he bleeds red and white. I cannot see him getting many games except as cover for Egan and maybe defensive midfield if we are looking to hold on to a lead in the latter stages of a game. Sad.

I can appreciate the need to move with the times, different manager, different formations and attributes of individual players
However it sticks in my craw that players like Bashambauer and Didsy have to be consigned to history so easily it seems
These are players that do have redeeming qualities and more to the point have shown time and time again the loyalty and effort and flexibility and willingness to play differently And take their profession as a footballer extremely seriously
I try and forget the wage thief from last year who went north of the border, but apparently he had to get a shirt every game at all costs, similarly there are players in this current set up who apparently we have to give extended runs to so that they can find form or some other miraculous gift from the gods that will seemingly change them into world beaters that apparently they always were and make them take their profession and club more seriously
Yet Bash and Didsy are history
Maybe Slav will be more flexible than that…..
He often talks about ‘playing for the crest’ - so I don’t think he will give up on them so easily
I have more confidence with Bash and Didsy coming good than our other under performers….

Basham will give it everything, whatever he is asked to do. He has managed to stick around under different managers since he arrived at the club.

Much like Billy Sharp, you can never write him off.

To be fair, we’re currently still in two cups, it’s a 46 game season and the possibility of three more games with the playoffs. We need all the personnel we can get, but some of them just aren’t going to be playing week-in, week-out, regardless of sentiment.

If he's still not getting games at Christmas it would be a terrible waste. A half season loan to Sunderland could be a wonderful present for us all.

Bash has been great but the guard has to change eventually and we're going to have to accept that players like himself, McGoldrick, Stevens, Norwood and eventually Billy Sharp will all get phased out and is already happening with some of them.

He's still a good option to do some gap plugging at the back and in midfield but I can't see him being renewed at the end of the season.

Back
Top Bottom