Is Friday as near as we get.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That does seem to be a piss poor response from SYP. Whatever you think about that other club, West Ham usually enjoy a robust following for away games.
That journey north on a Friday night is one I have done many times, including pre M25 days. No train back to the smoke after a Friday night fixture is just plain silly, although I wouldn’t want to travel on that service, for business or pleasure.
I expect most will travel by coach or car, and as already stated, a fair few will stay over.
They will all be disappointed anyway, travelling home with no more points than they arrived with. lol

Looks like West Sham FC have reacted to the news fans are being asked to leave the city after the game. Free coach travel now being provided. SYP will be ramming them onto the coaches even if they've booked a hotel. :D

They've been gentrified too. Moved off their historical patch and already the victims of large price rises as the dildo brothers hope to appeal to the middle and upper class who will, in time, make the 'brand' and club more valuable.They no longer want to appeal to working class cockneys.
Is that for pay on the day? I was talking to a West Ham supporter a couple of months ago and he was saying his ST was £360 or £380 (can’t remember exactly, just remember being surprised).

There is absolutely no logic in the argument that it was our own fault getting relegated when another team should have been relegated but cheated and stayed up instead. None whatsoever. There is an argument to say that we shouldn't have played so badly that we were the team in that position that would suffer from their cheating/the PL's weak punishment, but that doesn't change the fact that we were cheated out of a PL place.
I dislike the club because of it so there is added niggle for me, but it's not a true rivalry. Rivalry is generated from wins and losses within the sport, more than anything, or close proximity, or both. Clubs that cheat, get around the rules, are financially "unclean" in some way, all earn my disdain, but it's a different feeling to football rivalry.
Our main rivals fit both categories, of course.

There is absolutely no logic in the argument that it was our own fault getting relegated when another team should have been relegated but cheated and stayed up instead. None whatsoever. There is an argument to say that we shouldn't have played so badly that we were the team in that position that would suffer from their cheating/the PL's weak punishment, but that doesn't change the fact that we were cheated out of a PL place.
I dislike the club because of it so there is added niggle for me, but it's not a true rivalry. Rivalry is generated from wins and losses within the sport, more than anything, or close proximity, or both. Clubs that cheat, get around the rules, are financially "unclean" in some way, all earn my disdain, but it's a different feeling to football rivalry.

The judge in his summing up and sentencing said it was too late in the season to implement a points deduction as it would be a heavy disappointment for their fans.

Unbelievable. Unbearable. The whole process took months and months.

"Quality goal by a quality player".....nuff said.

Have really wanted to beat them since a West Ham fan joined my class in 1972. As the pigs were invisible throughout the seventies(until 26 Dec 1979) he was the only football rival I had. Really envyed him going to the 1975 FA cup final. Also my brother married a girl from Romford so he also was desparate for a win as he lived in Essex.

The judge in his summing up and sentencing said it was too late in the season to implement a points deduction as it would be a heavy disappointment for their fans.

Creating an infamous phrase that would be repeated time and again. Was it a judge though? I thought it was a PL panel.

one of the main reasons this rankles is because we all know what happened before with teams that broke the rules and it had to be our club suffering from the precedent. If there had been loads of instances of PL clubs being relegated due to other clubs not being punished ‘correctly’ then it wouldn’t hurt so bloody much.

Is that for pay on the day? I was talking to a West Ham supporter a couple of months ago and he was saying his ST was £360 or £380 (can’t remember exactly, just remember being surprised).

There's a few token cheapos in the gods the rest had substantial increases on Upton park prices. As the club becomes more detached from its traditional location and fanbase I expect that trend to deepen.

I think the atmosphere at Sheffield derbies is different to that experienced at any of our other games. Edginess, intensity and hatred in the air...rarely enjoyable in the traditional sense, but the hostility can be quite an experience.

Other recipes for a good atmosphere are:
  • when we’re massive underdogs punching above our weight.
  • high stakes game - latter stages of a cup competition, play-off semi, relegation battle etc.
  • when we feel we’ve been dealt an injustice.
  • a good comeback/backs against wall performance.

Time the above by two if it’s a night game

We went down with a record points total, yet still some bizarrely want to blame their own club for the downfall.

It’s generally through a dislike of Warnock, but I still find it sickening from our own fans.

Cannot believe this thread has gone to 4 pages, surely there is something better to read/comment on?

They are not West Ham anymore. The league cup game had a edge to it beforehand. This? Just another game.

Before the away game some middle aged West Ham fan was holding his tevez shirt that he is clearly outgrown up for the cameras to catch him. I just felt pity for him really.
👍 So would I, mate. How sad that's probably all he's got in life to think about.

Friday night 8pm and a full house. Atmosphere will be cracking. Could not care less about WHU in terms of rivals. I used to like them years ago when they had Devonshire etc.
Seriously, one of the most naturally gifted creative players that I have ever seen. Cost just £5k from non-league Southall.
Was gutted when a Wigan player sliced through 3 of his 4 knee ligaments, in a cup tie which John Lyall hadn't wanted him to play in..
When he finally came back about 18 months later, he had lost some of his speed but amazing that he came back at all, really.

If anything, I'd say West Ham fans still hold the Tevez saga in their minds more than we do. For some reason many seem to think we screwed them out of money for it and contributed to the relegation that followed a couple of years later.
You might be right, mate. A fair few on Kumb seem a bit obsessed. Not all, mind..

Seriously, one of the most naturally gifted creative players that I have ever seen. Cost just £5k from non-league Southall.
Was gutted when a Wigan player sliced through 3 of his 4 knee ligaments, in a cup tie which John Lyall hadn't wanted him to play in..
When he finally came back about 18 months later, he had lost some of his speed but amazing that he came back at all, really.
I worked in London in those days and enjoyed going to Upton Park midweek now and again. That was a proper team.

I was discussing the Tevez situation with my colleague this morning. As far as I'm concerned everything that has passed from that relegation has led us to Chris Wilder. If we had stayed up we may have been able to scramble another couple of years out of the Prem maybe. This would have got us no-where and probably with Robson intact for a year or two (the board were going to sack Warnock regardless). This would have got us with a different range of managers and therefore may not have led to Chris Wilder, as a different sliding door path would have been taken. So as far as I'm concerned I'm happy now and couldn't give a hoot about the past. Just looking forward to whatever CW brings, whilst it lasts until someone with much deeper pockets smells the coffee and offers him a deal he cannot refuse.
Tbh, apart from obviously staying up that season, we achieved absolutely nothing else.
At least two relegations, baldilocks going bankrupt & then being bought by the gruesome twosome.
Karma was indeed, a bitch. And then she joined the board..
Really, neither of us did well out of it.

I know for a fact that they have a fair few ,at least a couple of hundred booked into hotels for the weekend ,Friday and Saturday could be a bit lively in town.
We've got a fair few that now, unsurprisingly...really enjoy the away games more than the home ones;)
Hopefully, not too many dickheads.

I agree them losing their ground and becoming a bit plastic has taken the edge off any rivalry. Also not all West Ham fans thought they were in the right regarding the Tevez affair, some knew they got off lightly.
I thought we were very, very lucky.
Certainly nothing to f*cking cheer & gloat about, imo.

Nah, no issues. The Essex boys will be just on the pull ..... they just have to open their mouth and the girls are dropping their knickers. And yes, I have tried to mimic their accent - never worked for me though 😟
It's never f*cking worked for me either, mate:D
Now, where are these girls you're talking abaht...

Tbh, most judges seem like c*nts, don't they..

As you probably know, our lot get all excited about Spurs & Millwall.
Well tbh, all of the other London clubs provoke rivalry for us.
You always hate your neighbours the most, don't you?....I'm gathering by the comments about Wednesday on here :D
So would you's consider all Yorkshire clubs, as rivals? I'd imagine Leeds would get a bit tasty..

As you probably know, our lot get all excited about Spurs & Millwall.
Well tbh, all of the other London clubs provoke rivalry for us.
You always hate your neighbours the most, don't you?....I'm gathering by the comments about Wednesday on here :D
So would you's consider all Yorkshire clubs, as rivals? I'd imagine Leeds would get a bit tasty..
Our only true, rock solid rivalry is with Wednesday. Unlike Greater London, where most teams have a hardcore area of support, Sheffield is split 50/50 with no natural dividing line really. Its fair to say that most pigs are in the north of Sheffield but there are also many Blades up there too. Most families are split apart by the rivalry. Growing up, my dad and sister were pigs; me, my mum and brother were Blades. Many families (or at least extended familites) in Sheffield are like that.

When it comes to Leeds, yep you could call them rivals but nothing at all like it is between Blades and pigs. As for the other Yorkshire teams, well there's almost a love-in with Blades and Rotherham lol - they aren't too keen on the pigs though as quite a few pigs are from the wider Sheffield region - eg Rotherham. And the rest of the clubs ..... nah don't give a toss really.... probably like you lot and QPR or Fulham.

Back
Top Bottom