Interview with the Prince

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Haven't we had higher attendances than them for about 5 or 6 years?
They've sold a lot because of that historic comeback.
Before that they all wanted Moores head, they aren't loyal at all.
Some of the pigs going down Monday I didn't even know liked football, let alone Wednesday.

They think it's a guaranteed Wembley win, of course they are going to sell out. We dragged our asses down there for a an (absolutely) nailed on loss.
And due to the SAG, South Yorkshire's finest and the Council we wern't allowed to sell out! However, I think an average gate of 28,500 (not rounded up to 35k like the pigs would) is ok. If we sell more season tickets, which we should we will an average over 30k, a feat the pigs havnt done in any division since 1967, YES i say it again 1967. So any time they get a bit time charlie remind them of this. Also I beleive Millwall and the Gas both took over 40k so what does it mean they (including the pigs) all have plenty of fair weather/day tripper supporters?

The extra 20k piglets that are coming out if the woodwork on Monday are as far away from loyal as is humanly possible! Can't wait for them to be snorting to each other trying to work out where Waddle and Sheridan are!

It’s easy to say we want young players on loan who can step immediately into the first team and other young players who will develop. Show me a football club who wouldnt want that. However it’s another thing finding those and then acquiring them. If we could get 6 Anel equivalent standard players we might be home and dry but it’s a competitive market out there. For every Anel there’s two or three John Cofies, Kieran Dowells, Nathan Ampadus etc.. So far as I know our recruitment department consists of Paul Mitchell full stop. It’s a big ask.

It’s easy to say we want young players on loan who can step immediately into the first team and other young players who will develop. Show me a football club who wouldnt want that. However it’s another thing finding those and then acquiring them. If we could get 6 Anel equivalent standard players we might be home and dry but it’s a competitive market out there. For every Anel there’s two or three John Cofies, Kieran Dowells, Nathan Ampadus etc.. So far as I know our recruitment department consists of Paul Mitchell full stop. It’s a big ask.
I ask again then: what’s the alternative? Bearing in mind that we can’t spend a lot of money?

I seem to remember the Prince stumping up the cash for McBurnie when McCabe had short arms and long pockets. £20m you're deluded pal off to S6 you go
By ‘stumping up the cash’ I presume you mean using the club’s PL money, ie not his own as you wrongly believe? 😂😂🤡

By ‘stumping up the cash’ I presume you mean using the club’s PL money, ie not his own as you wrongly believe? 😂😂🤡
Wasn’t the issue last season that we couldn't make some of those payments, hence the embargo. So some of his own money went in at some point to cover the over-reach.

someone has asked what is the Princes legacy if he were to leave now

Well placing the ground back into the clubs ownership is the main one after, no bigger blade than me McCabe; spirited it away
McCabe walked away with about £50m when he left and caused us to shoulder a mortgage on the ground of which £35m remains outstanding.
With interest rates rising , I would like to see us clear some of our debt.
If we go down and stay down for more than a season or two , I don't know how we would ever clear our current debts.
It is very frustrating that our annual accounts are not due until 12 months after the end of the accounting period to which they relate , ending in June.
Traditionally the accounts were out approximately 6 months later in December , but I think I'm right in saying the accounts to 30 June 2022 are now not due until 30 June 2023.
This makes it very difficult to assess our financial health.

In light of our debts and cashflow hiccups , I can't see any capital expenditure being sanctioned for the ground , hotel , academy or anything else in 23/24.
We will struggle to pay the transfer & loan fees required to refresh the squad , together with PL wages.
I don't know who the FD is at the Lane , but after this season's embargo & other financial embarrassments , it seems that Bettis probably has too much on his plate being CEO , and could use some assistance in the finances , especially with the vastly bigger numbers involved on both sides of the P&L and , perhaps more importantly , cashflow.
The PL has destroyed some clubs financially and left them stranded way down the pyramid. We have only just avoided such a fate (or even worse with a large mortgage on the ground). I honestly don't think people realise how close to disaster we were if we'd not been promoted. There's no wonder the Prince says he's been sweating.
I hope the club has learned its lesson and will be more prudent , having got a second chance.

I think most United fans will accept relegation this coming season (will accept it not like it obviously) provided that all or a vast chunk of existing debt is paid off so that financially we are back in good health again, and there are improvements made to the infrastructure of the club which will serve us long term. By the latter I mean improvements to the trading ground facilities even if it's not Cat 1 accreditation.

If we have been in the PL for 3 out of the last 5 seasons then the least we should expect at the end if it is financial accounts to be in good health and some legacy in place for the training ground. If we also use the small pot of money left over (after financial health/infrastructure improvements) to refresh the team/squad with younger players, get new contracts for some existing players nailed down, and the academy restocked, then it will have been a success. If we fail on any of the above then we have wasted a golden opportunity and a chance to be the way in front of most clubs in the football league.

Who do you think is the best?. I've only known two owners so for me he is by far the best owner I have seen us have. I've never heard anyone be complimentary about owners prior to McCabe so I genuinely don't know who that would be.
Best by far in my lifetime, so you're going back to before the 80s to find anyone better

The prince makes football sense whenever he speaks , he publicly predicted Ndiaye's impact before anyone had heard of him , he won't give players away for nowt like McCabe , he backed Wilder with more cash than any Blades' manager has ever had and not his fault that Wilder made some terrible buys , he's realised he can't take us any further and has tried to sell but not his fault that buyers are not forthcoming , he's stuck with us and his policy for next season makes sense.
Maybe if we could take 44k to Wembley like dem pigs , some billionaire might see potential worth investing in , but we can't even sell out the Lane (until the last match) when we have sat on the cusp of the PL for an entire season.
Just have a think what the pigs' gates would have been in our position.
I wish I could understand why the club can't gather the support I feel it deserves , yet the scum in blue & white are so loyal to a lesser outfit.
I just hope for his and our sakes that some decent buyer emerges soon.
The next owner has to have the cash to keep us in the PL and expand the Lane or we will never pull away from the pigs in the manner which our on-field success deserves.
Home ends were sold on on multiple occasions. All available tickets were sold... I'm not sure how you've missed that, and I'm 4,000 miles away.

There we have it. The difference between hecky and the board. I fear that might not bode well for billy and others. Young and good, be able to go straight in a PL team.
Wow, think our recruitment team will not sleep until September. So loans, freebies, and possibly a couple of permanent transfers. Do not envy their task one bit!!!!!!
What’s changed? This is what PH signed up for

If we have been in the PL for 3 out of the last 5 seasons then the least we should expect at the end if it is financial accounts to be in good health and some legacy in place for the training ground.
Not sure that’s necessarily feasible. Championship clubs get themselves into a huge financial mess attempting to reach the PL, PL clubs outside of the elite do similar trying to stay there. PL money seems a lot but it is all relative. Look at PL wage bills. The only way to progress is via an owner who is prepared to contribute large sums of money each year. We were hamstrung from the beginning by needing to reunite the physical assets with the club (and I’m very grateful that we did).

Not sure that’s necessarily feasible. Championship clubs get themselves into a huge financial mess attempting to reach the PL, PL clubs outside of the elite do similar trying to stay there. PL money seems a lot but it is all relative. Look at PL wage bills. The only way to progress is via an owner who is prepared to contribute large sums of money each year. We were hamstrung from the beginning by needing to reunite the physical assets with the club (and I’m very grateful that we did).
c£45m to get the ground off McCabe + the mortgage still hangs around our neck like a millstone.
c£23m on Brewster the worst acquisition in our history.
c£120m over 2 years in wages.
Loads of dubious signings by Wilder , some of whom were sold + replaced by even worse players like Burke.
Jack Rodwell & Ravel Morrison , wtf ?
And one great big piece of bad luck with JoC who we'd have sold for £50m had he not got broken.
PL money ?
Gone in a puff of smoke.
And virtually nothing to show for it.
Gotta be a bit cuter this time.

someone has asked what is the Princes legacy if he were to leave now

Well placing the ground back into the clubs ownership is the main one after, no bigger blade than me McCabe; spirited it away

Didn't the courts tell him he had to buy the grounds after he'd initially tried to dodge it?

Didn't the courts tell him he had to buy the grounds after he'd initially tried to dodge it?
The deal which the High Court confirmed was that PA got KMs half share in the club for £5 mill but the club had to buy the real estate assets from KM(who owned them presumably as security for money he has put in) at market value. As the club had no cash PA gets a mortgage (we think for whole £50 mill) so at least the club owns all the real estate including the ground but with a mortgage (like you might own your house but you owe money you borrowed to buy it to the Building Soc or bank). Presumably club is paying interest on the £50 mill but whether it is making capital repayments as well we dont know.

He makes a really good point that despite finishing 11(?) points clear of third place it's hard to think of any games where we were comfortable winners.

Bizarrely, thinking about it now, the only one I can immediately come up with is the second half against Burnley.

Back
Top Bottom