Interview with the Prince

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The guy is quite right.
The only permanents need to be young (to rebalance the aging bits of our squad) & good enough to form a Championship-winning side in 24/25 should we drop.
The loans need to be starters in a side to have a crack at surviving in 23/24.
The loans this season were not immediately starters (though the midfield duo were by the end).
Next season they must be immediate starters and we need a LCB , a LWB , 2 MF & a ST.
Since we can only have 2 loans from PL , we will be forced to look abroad for the other 3.
I have no clue as to the availability of PL quality loans from outside the PL but I hope the club does.
We know we simply can't afford to buy PL quality for the starting 11 on permanent contracts unless they happen to be free transfers.
What an intriguing window we face.

I don't get the negativity towards the Prince he is by far the best owner/chairman whatever you want to call him in my lifetime of following the Blades 60+ years. The guy has put more into the team than any of the previous incumbents and there has been quite a few of those. The only thing I can think of is one or two are racists, we know Saudi doesn't have the best human rights record in the world but there is nothing at all to suggest Prince Abdullah is a party to any of that, give the guy a break he is doing his best and more than we can reasonably expect.

I don't get the negativity towards the Prince he is by far the best owner/chairman whatever you want to call him in my lifetime of following the Blades 60+ years. The guy has put more into the team than any of the previous incumbents and there has been quite a few of those. The only thing I can think of is one or two are racists, we know Saudi doesn't have the best human rights record in the world but there is nothing at all to suggest Prince Abdullah is a party to any of that, give the guy a break he is doing his best and more than we can reasonably expect.
He’s also skinted himself out putting what money he can into the club even though some people will have you believe he’s put nothing in which is simply untrue.

There we have it. The difference between hecky and the board. I fear that might not bode well for billy and others. Young and good, be able to go straight in a PL team.
Wow, think our recruitment team will not sleep until September. So loans, freebies, and possibly a couple of permanent transfers. Do not envy their task one bit!!!!!!

The prince makes football sense whenever he speaks , he publicly predicted Ndiaye's impact before anyone had heard of him , he won't give players away for nowt like McCabe , he backed Wilder with more cash than any Blades' manager has ever had and not his fault that Wilder made some terrible buys , he's realised he can't take us any further and has tried to sell but not his fault that buyers are not forthcoming , he's stuck with us and his policy for next season makes sense.
Maybe if we could take 44k to Wembley like dem pigs , some billionaire might see potential worth investing in , but we can't even sell out the Lane (until the last match) when we have sat on the cusp of the PL for an entire season.
Just have a think what the pigs' gates would have been in our position.
I wish I could understand why the club can't gather the support I feel it deserves , yet the scum in blue & white are so loyal to a lesser outfit.
I just hope for his and our sakes that some decent buyer emerges soon.
The next owner has to have the cash to keep us in the PL and expand the Lane or we will never pull away from the pigs in the manner which our on-field success deserves.

He’s also skinted himself out putting what money he can into the club even though some people will have you believe he’s put nothing in which is simply untrue.
Skinted himself! 🤣

I can just see him eating tins of cold beans and selling off his son's Playstation to keep us going.

It is strange that over the years we cannot attract a rich buyer, with all the advantages of buying a big city club with big fan base and loads of potential with the correct investment

The prince makes football sense whenever he speaks , he publicly predicted Ndiaye's impact before anyone had heard of him , he won't give players away for nowt like McCabe , he backed Wilder with more cash than any Blades' manager has ever had and not his fault that Wilder made some terrible buys , he's realised he can't take us any further and has tried to sell but not his fault that buyers are not forthcoming , he's stuck with us and his policy for next season makes sense.
Maybe if we could take 44k to Wembley like dem pigs , some billionaire might see potential worth investing in , but we can't even sell out the Lane (until the last match) when we have sat on the cusp of the PL for an entire season.
I wish I could understand why the club can't gather the support I feel it deserves , yet the scum in blue & white are so loyal to a lesser outfit.
The next owner has to have the cash to keep us in the PL and expand the Lane or we will never pull away from the pigs in the manner which our on-field success deserves.
Haven't we had higher attendances than them for about 5 or 6 years?
They've sold a lot because of that historic comeback.
Before that they all wanted Moores head, they aren't loyal at all.
Some of the pigs going down Monday I didn't even know liked football, let alone Wednesday.

They think it's a guaranteed Wembley win, of course they are going to sell out. We dragged our asses down there for a an (absolutely) nailed on loss.

Think one of the things for me is where is the legacy he would leave should he sell shortly.

Hotel isn't open, ground is awaiting development as is academy too.

On the pitch fair enough we are back up. Though you could argue Wilder was the bigger factor before and this time the emergence of N'Diaye and Hecky managing to firefight injuries and issues behind the scenes.

If we hadn't gone up though we would have been f**cked next season in champ.

From the little I know it can be chaotic behind the scenes hence the quotes from hecky saying stuff like "there is alot going on that you don't know about but we just have to focus on the next match".

We've not really had good chairman, but that doesn't mean the prince is great.

McCabe wasn't that bad overall his main downfall (aside from his deal with the prince haha!) was his inability to hold onto star assets. In fact his negotiating tactic with this was downright terrible.

Some of the pigs going down Monday I didn't even know liked football, let alone Wednesday.

They think it's a guaranteed Wembley win, of course they are going to sell out. We dragged our asses down there for a an (absolutely) nailed on loss.
You could argue that we have the loyal fan base and they have nearly 20 thousand extras who very very rarely attend.

It is strange that over the years we cannot attract a rich buyer, with all the advantages of buying a big city club with big fan base and loads of potential with the correct investment
Not really McCabe always wanted his money back and more besides, his asking price was always a stumbling block to any buyer. The general rule is own a football club and you prepare to lose money very few become rich from owning a football club.

I'm not sure the word is loyal more like deluded.

We've also averaged more than them 5 out the last 6 seasons we've been in the same league. We also averaged more than them finishing 5th last season in comparison to when they finished 4th under Carlos so we can tell how many they'd get if they were in our position.

Our support is the last thing that's stopping a takeover. The fact the city has 2 clubs with almost identical support is much more of a factor. You're not just taking over a city with one team. You're taking over half a city and the other half will always take in 20,000 of your potential support.

How many people out there will be happy to piss away hundreds of millions on a football club? That’s the reason it’s hard to sell United, even in the Premier League, the club is still going to make a loss!

How many people out there will be happy to piss away hundreds of millions on a football club? That’s the reason it’s hard to sell United, even in the Premier League, the club is still going to make a loss!
You're right but similar sized clubs never have this problem selling. Leicester, Wolves, Saints to name a couple.

More than McCabe, what do you think?
Didn’t they both match each other with funding from the point the Prince came on board until they fell out? Since then PA has put approx £20m in to prevent admin last summer. If you reckon that’s more than McCabe invested in all the years between him taking control and the Prince arriving on the scene, I don’t know what to do for you?

Didn’t they both match each other with funding from the point the Prince came on board until they fell out? Since then PA has put approx £20m in to prevent admin last summer. If you reckon that’s more than McCabe invested in all the years between him taking control and the Prince arriving on the scene, I don’t know what to do for you?
I seem to remember the Prince stumping up the cash for McBurnie when McCabe had short arms and long pockets. £20m you're deluded pal off to S6 you go

He's put in the money and thankfully stood up to Wilder when he wasted most of it, we need to use the loan system and make sure we survive, that's our no1 aim this season, if Ndiaye goes, make sure we get decent money for him, then build the team gradually over the next few years and stabilise the club financially in the process

I seem to remember the Prince stumping up the cash for McBurnie when McCabe had short arms and long pockets. £20m you're deluded pal off to S6 you go
Pretty sure the money was PL money.
Might have been stumping the money up front.

Also by that summer after promotion Prince had won the court battle so was pulling the strings anyway. McCabe no longer had a say.

Back
Top Bottom