Interview with the Prince

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hot-Sauce-from-Powder-Recipe1.jpg
question-mark-3d-red-interrogation-point-asking-sign-punctuation-mark-isolated-on-white.jpg

Wonder what the conversation he had a few weeks ago with Wilder was about then?

Three salient points

1) We very much want to keep the star players now (He made a conscious decision in January to keep them)
2) Sale was stalled, didn't get all the money expected, Takeover money arrived late (Suggests Dozy is scrapping funds together)
3) Looking forward to premier league fixture list and being there with fans

I heard that Wilders beef was more with the Turkish lawyer fella, and not so much Princey. I’ve forgotten who my source was for that nugget !

Good interview.
Some light shed on past events and the policy to come.
I know it is easy to talk, but I think he is genuinely a fan and has been a good owner.
It will be interesting to see who the good young ones for the future and the loans for the starting eleven are.
I agree, I really like the way he talks like a fan. He rewatches goals (but only in games we win) and broke his personal record v WBA and remembers that it was Lundstram and Billy who combined for the 1-0 v Norwich before COVID closed grounds down.

Three salient points

1) We very much want to keep the star players now (He made a conscious decision in January to keep them)
2) Sale was stalled, didn't get all the money expected, Takeover money arrived late (Suggests Dozy is scrapping funds together)
3) Looking forward to premier league fixture list and being there with fans
Seems like a continuation of his stance since he’s been here in terms of trying to keep hold of playing assets although by the sounds of it both Berge and Ndiaye might have other ideas and be looking for a move at the end of next season.

Wanting to sign young players with potential to improve is prudent business given our financial constraints and should theoretically stand us in good stead should we go down. Securing new deals for our own highly thought of youngsters This summer would be a good start.

Still has some affection for us to do the interviews but it isn’t helping the club at all in this transition period of moving to the premier league

Whilst I don't buy he's best we've ever had. Cos he isn't.

He's not the worst.

Although so far this summer not alot has happened to calm down the rumours we have no money and might lose N'Diaye and Berge etc.

His interview was ok, pretty much all positive things but actions will speak louder than words.

For instance upgrading academy plans I'll reserve judgement till there are physical plans and then till work commences.

Whilst I don't buy he's best we've ever had. Cos he isn't.

He's not the worst.

Although so far this summer not alot has happened to calm down the rumours we have no money and might lose N'Diaye and Berge etc.

His interview was ok, pretty much all positive things but actions will speak louder than words.

For instance upgrading academy plans I'll reserve judgement till there are physical plans and then till work commences.
Who do you think is the best?. I've only known two owners so for me he is by far the best owner I have seen us have. I've never heard anyone be complimentary about owners prior to McCabe so I genuinely don't know who that would be.

So trying to stay in the PL on loan signings and some young players with potential, sounds like a plan 😩
It’s a good plan if the loans are PL quality and the youngsters have the potential to be good in the Championship if needed or to make the step up to PL if we stay up.
He did not exclude paying for one or two at Anel’s level.
I don’t see any other way of competing, but please put me right if I have missed something.

Who do you think is the best?. I've only known two owners so for me he is by far the best owner I have seen us have. I've never heard anyone be complimentary about owners prior to McCabe so I genuinely don't know who that would be.
Agree, he is probably the best owner we have had. That is like being Mexicos best skier though.

Back
Top Bottom