Injury crisis v Manager ability.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If they were all fit who would you back in our current match day 11 versus our current treatment room 11?

(Davies is allowed in net even though he’s been out of the treatment room for a few weeks now because he’s been in there a lot all season and not been on the pitch once. Mcatee is also allowed to turn out for the currently fit because he was fit this morning.)

Wes
Gordon
Basham
Egan
RND
Doyle
Norwood
McAtee
Ndiaye
Brewster
Khadra

-v

Davies
Baldock
Anel
Robinson
Clarke
Stevens
Bogle
Fleck
Lowe
Berge
Coulibaly (or McBurnie?)

Someone from the treatment room will have to play further forward than usual - Bogle, Coulibaly, or Berge…

McBurnie might be allowed to turn out for treatment room lads if they change their name to the ‘unavailables’ - but using suspended players feels like cheating

Last edited:

A sensible post! (Hecky said in his interview that the goal was a result of a deflection, not a mistake by Wes.)
That's overly kind to Wes. It doesn't matter if there is a defection or not, goalkeeping 101 states you do not leave a gap between you and your near post. Given where the ball was shot from there was no reason to be edging across and should have been zero gap.

The goal was half Wes' fault. If he doesn't accept that then he's making excuses for himself. The other fault lies with Doyle who absconded on his defensive responsibilities by leaving his man.

Irrespective of the cause of our ridiculously dispraportionate injury list...

Has the manager got the best out of what's left.

The last 2 games have been disastrous in point returns and not encouraging in performance levels.

OK. Sander played 2 full games for Norway during the break, but who else was entitled to be even a bit tired?

Stoke will provide a stern test and we really need to get back on track. we are very lucky that so many rivals failed to make ground up this week. Had we got 6 we'd have put down a marker which would have had our rivals handing us one foot in an auto already. we didn't do it so neither did they.
The managers decisions are absolutely crucial right now and if they lead to further or prolonged injuries that's on him.

The games left before the end of the season #1 are crucial.
we need to reboot and go for wins in all of them. Worry about fatigue after that. Noone cares about Qatar and we have very few players there so shouldn't resume in any way but better off with the availability of a good number we are really missing.

The manager should maybe dial down the training if tiredness is , as he says an issue and let them burn their energies during the meaningfull 90 mins left pre season break.
FFS can nobody see that EVERYWHERE that Tom Little has gone, he's fucked up their squad.

That's overly kind to Wes. It doesn't matter if there is a defection or not, goalkeeping 101 states you do not leave a gap between you and your near post. Given where the ball was shot from there was no reason to be edging across and should have been zero gap.

The goal was half Wes' fault. If he doesn't accept that then he's making excuses for himself. The other fault lies with Doyle who absconded on his defensive responsibilities by leaving his man.
Spoken by an experienced goalie !?

Spoken by an experienced goalie !?
I played in goal as a kid and it's literally the first thing the first thing you get told, to protect your near post. Anything let in at the near lost is the keeper's fault. It doesn't matter what level you play at.

I played in goal as a kid and it's literally the first thing the first thing you get told, to protect your near post. Anything let in at the near lost is the keeper's fault. It doesn't matter what level you play at.
Deflections are a nightmare for goalkeepers
Puts you on the wrong foot.it seems this is what happened to Wes,he will probably accept some portion of blame.
We seem to have run out of luck at the minute.With injuries too .

Deflections are a nightmare for goalkeepers
Puts you on the wrong foot.it seems this is what happened to Wes,he will probably accept some portion of blame.
We seem to have run out of luck at the minute.With injuries too .
If you watch it again though it wasn't some wicked deflection. If it even defected it was hardly noticable. Not to my eyes though I have started wearing specs of late!

FFS can nobody see that EVERYWHERE that Tom Little has gone, he's fucked up their squad.
No, I can’t. I could only find this which says he’s worked with both Hecky and Jack when they were players and that he’s been at Preston for eight years. Perhaps you could point to where you’ve got your opinion from please?

I would say my biggest criticism of Hecky up to this point is that when we're bad, we're REALLY bad.

We've had maybe a dozen matches since he's taken over where we've just rolled over and completely gone to pieces. I'm thinking Reading at home last season, twice at Stoke away, Millwall away, Coventry away. None of those teams finished in the top 6 last season, most likely none of them will this season, yet we surrendered to all of them.

I know it's not going to be fluid attacking football every week, but he needs to learn to find other ways of winning if it's not quite working.

He seems to throw towel in when going gets admittedly very tough could do with some us against the world mentality
He didn't last long at Leeds or Hibs when it was tough going, we shall see.

I think your onto a winner here with hecky. He is my favourite football manager at the moment but klopp is a close second. Who would of thought M was actually a women.

Last edited:
If you watch it again though it wasn't some wicked deflection. If it even defected it was hardly noticable. Not to my eyes though I have started wearing specs of late!
It doesn’t need to be a wicked deflection though, from that distance and that speed, a small one will be enough. From the camera angle behind the goal you can see it deviate off one of our defenders. That was enough to get it past Wes and I’d put that down as unlucky.

It doesn’t need to be a wicked deflection though, from that distance and that speed, a small one will be enough. From the camera angle behind the goal you can see it deviate off one of our defenders. That was enough to get it past Wes and I’d put that down as unlucky.
He needs to work on his luck in training then! 🤣

If he doesn't leave enough space for a ball to pass between him and the post then it doesn't get through deflection or not. But I'm fine with you having a differing view. It's not a howler. It's just something he'll be disappointed with.

Back
Top Bottom