Incomings Before Tuesday 5PM

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Liaminho9

Reaction score
ok, so we all know we need a couple more players, backup more than anything, but lets see who the fans want!

(but come on guys, lets be realistic ;))

me personally, moritz volz? free agent!

Moritz Volz anyone ???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seeing as we're in the market for a right back (or two) at the moment does anyone have any thoughts on Moritz Volz?
He has a decent premier league pedigree, is still a decent age and as far as I'm aware doesn't have a club at the minute. I always liked the look of him to be honest and I'm sure his price tag would suit the Blades ie. nowt. He is also a bit of a cult hero wherever he's been.
Anyone have any thoughts on him?

Great minds think alike liaminho, posted on 27/7. Would definately be a great shout mate.

haha, La Blade great minds do think alike, i just wish blackwell had a great mind ;) :p

Id take Volz

He would ride to the lane on his bike though. :)

Was just wondering what had happened to Noe Pamarot, think he was released by Pompey, surely he would be a good shout if he is still a free agent.

If he stays fit Kyle Walker will play 46 league games at right back for us this season. Are not so young, ex-Premiership right backs what we should be looking for at this stage?

I maintain we should have been trying to sign Martin Cranie from Portsmouth when Coventry signed him.

Looked very good in the England U21 tournament, and can play right back or centre back. We should have been straight in for him.

If he stays fit Kyle Walker will play 46 league games at right back for us this season. Are not so young, ex-Premiership right backs what we should be looking for at this stage?

That's a big 'if' though. We can't rely on one right back for the entire season, we need another.

We still need a right back, a centre back, a central midfield player and a striker.

Yes, but let's not repeat last season's mistake and sign a Premiership right back on 18k wages, or what it was, only for him to sit on the bench most of the time.

At the moment France is probably our back up right back. He was poor by all accounts vs Port Vale, but so was everybody else, so maybe he deserves a second chance? He has played there quite a bit at Hull.

I think France has barely played any football? 70 odd games in 6 years or so?

This is somewhat irrational having said the above, but trust me, he is a very, very poor player in terms of a top level CCC performer and although he is a squad filler, heaven help us (sorry Spurs) if Walker gets a bad injury. No pace, no skill, no attributes - Matthew Spring mark 2.

Jordan Stewart

I can't see that anyone else has mentioned this, apologies if it has already been flagged up. It worries me a bit because he was a part of the Derby defence that spent about a year showing that they had no idea how to defend - it must have left scars. Maybe a new club is what he needs, that and Morgan screaming at him. I don't know that much about him but at 27 he hasn't shone anywhere previous and I doubt there's much improvement in him but hey ho.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Sheffield-United-close-in-on-Derby-defender-article138833.html

Good god, sorry folks, I must be going simple.

Brian Stock and Beckford plus at least one more defender - probably RB assuming Bromby's staying

Ladies and Gentlemen, We are now less than 24 hours away fro another deadline and our beloved manager is still scatching his arse without a clue. It doesn't matter who this forum suggests - PLEASE ACCEPT THE FACT THAT NO ONE WILL BE COMING IN before the deadline - McCabe will not sanction it and that clown Blackwell just dances to his tune.
We are a second rate club going nowhere under Blackwell just accept the fact!

whoever from wherever its bound to disappoint. Blackwell and Mc Cabe out! thanks mc Cabe but its tme we both moved on.

People are too harsh on Kevin McCabe, before he took over, this club was a mess. People say he doesnt give us the resources - then why do we still have one of the biggest wage bills in the league? McCabe is smart with his money, but he will not sanction a move he thinks will not be good for the club. If Blackwell wanted the money for a proven player, McCabe would deliver.

The fact that we signed Ched Evans for a fee potentially rising to £3m proves that McCabe is willing to put money in. It's just how the money's used, and how the club is run, that worries me.

People are too harsh on Kevin McCabe, before he took over, this club was a mess. People say he doesnt give us the resources - then why do we still have one of the biggest wage bills in the league? McCabe is smart with his money, but he will not sanction a move he thinks will not be good for the club. If Blackwell wanted the money for a proven player, McCabe would deliver.

It does seem clear that since January, the wage bill is the main area of concern for McCabe but having said that, the likes of Evans won't be on peanuts. It will be interesting to see if the quality does come in that Ellis referred to on Saturday and you'd like to think we have the wages available to cover a couple. I still think though that we may be busier in the loan market when it opens up for business with a few Prem fringe players such as Watson in limbo if they don't get a move today.

It does seem clear that since January, the wage bill is the main area of concern for McCabe but having said that, the likes of Evans won't be on peanuts. It will be interesting to see if the quality does come in that Ellis referred to on Saturday and you'd like to think we have the wages available to cover a couple. I still think though that we may be busier in the loan market when it opens up for business with a few Prem fringe players such as Watson in limbo if they don't get a move today.

Anyone got anything solid about Watson going to QPR?

The fact that we signed Ched Evans for a fee potentially rising to £3m proves that McCabe is willing to put money in. It's just how the money's used, and how the club is run, that worries me.

I know, you said so half an hour ago :)

From the BBC

Magical news: Championship Mole is back. As if he'd miss a day like today: "Fulham's Chris Baird could be on the move to the Championship, with West Bromwich Albion, Nottingham Forest and Sheffield United all looking at a deadline-day move for the Northern Ireland international. Newly-promoted Wolves are showing an interest too, though."

Back
Top Bottom