In the grand scheme of things...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Somebody will post some 'early' pictures of Karen Brady, then this thread is done for.

I’m 100% sure that they exist, but I’ve never seen any since. I’m sure she used to do a readers letter feature in the magazines. If not her, then someone who looked very similar.

football doesn't really matter, does it? Let's be honest, when it's life or death for lots of people, then 22 blokes kicking a ball around means fuck all.

But.

IF (and it's a big IF at the moment) this season is written off, it will be heartbreaking for a lot of us. This season has been beyond everything that a lot of us ever dared to dream of. The Blades, upsetting all predictions, defying the pundits, challenging for Europe with 10 games to go. This is what we all hoped for, what we all dreamed of but never dared to admit we thought was possible. It is breaking my heart that all the hard work, all the misery we endured, all the elation of the promotions, could come to nothing.

Only in S2 :(

Football might not matter to you but it is a very important part of other peoples lives, and indeed livelyhoods.
If you have better things to do on a Saturday afternoon then I would suggest you find another forum.

This virus is long haul and for the remaining matches that are outstanding they might as well just flip a coin for the results. By the time any matches could feasibly get played the condition and availability of the squads won't really represent what has already gone on over the season. What we going to do? Test each player for the virus and if they're clear lock them in total isolation away from the rest of society like battery chickens just so they're available to play the season out? Extraordinary times, if Sky etc try and enforce penalty clauses for non completion they're going to look a right bunch of heartless twats.

football doesn't really matter, does it? Let's be honest, when it's life or death for lots of people, then 22 blokes kicking a ball around means fuck all.

But.

IF (and it's a big IF at the moment) this season is written off, it will be heartbreaking for a lot of us. This season has been beyond everything that a lot of us ever dared to dream of. The Blades, upsetting all predictions, defying the pundits, challenging for Europe with 10 games to go. This is what we all hoped for, what we all dreamed of but never dared to admit we thought was possible. It is breaking my heart that all the hard work, all the misery we endured, all the elation of the promotions, could come to nothing.

Only in S2 :(
You can’t take away what we’ve already achieved and how we’ve played, that will live in our combined memories forever. We may or may not have achieved a european qualifying place but I was personally pretty relaxed about it. I wondered if we might struggle in the league as a result and needed another season for the squad to develop.

So for me, I’m just disappointed that I’ve missed out on seeing a few more games but sitting where we are in the Premier league, I don’t really think that we have much to stress about compared to fans of other clubs in the various divisions. For some it wont be just a matter of having a title or promotion ripped away, it’ll be losing their club.

What point would voiding this season be
There's only 9 games left 10 for 4 clubs
Why start a new season when you can be finishing off those 9 games
. It matters not one jot when next se league eàson starts. If its possible to play in august you could play those 9 in 4 weeks and compress fixtures next season. Eased by scrapping the caribou cup and the. Chock a block trophy

Corrected for you

In the grand scheme of things - worked from home for two days due to company’s decision - no football for agesssss

Result

Im bored out of my skull

No new cases in China yesterday so under 3 months so maybe not as bad as we thought. But if it's controlled there will be elsewhere

Although China's population is vast they are far more subservient and obedient to their rulers than us lot are to Bozza and crew. Not only are we still under far less draconian measures at the moment we're more defiant and seem to "know better" than the experts who are frankly struggling also. Gradually seem to be getting there as various countries are trying different strategies with varying degrees of success and some current drugs are being found to help relieve symptoms even though they aren't actually curing. Still think we're a long way off anything close to releasing any grip on sanctions and restoring enough normality but then I'm just guessing like everyone else.

Football might not matter to you but it is a very important part of other peoples lives, and indeed livelyhoods.
If you have better things to do on a Saturday afternoon then I would suggest you find another forum.
Apologies. I wasn't trying to say it's not important, obviously it is. I was merely saying that overall, when compared to literal life and death scenarios, it's slightly down the pecking order.

As I said, I'm devastated at the prospect of all we as a club have achieved being written off, and regarding my saturday afternoons...well, fuck knows what I'm going to do.

No offence intended, and apologies if any was given.

Er.....sorry, what do you do on Saturday afternoons between early May and August? Hibernate? FFS!!!!!!

I think it will be ‘next’ season that will be impacted. This one will probably restart autumn/winter this year then end, Euros, then a new season 21/22

Back
Top Bottom