Im happy, annoyed, frustrated and relieved at the same time

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The longer games go on, at least the ones we've managed to stay in, the more you see opposition bringing on players that can impact the game while we get generally weaker. McBurnie comes off, now there's no out ball and we look significantly weaker defending set pieces, which cost us. Not much we could do about it but it still hurts to see it coming.
Exactly that ! Mcbernie just can't complete 90 mins ! He sees the game out and we win this match in my opinion . ,just what is his problem ! We have no stand in . He hasn't completed a game this season from my recollection, it was similar last season.

It all just stems from the fact we just can’t stop giving the ball away.

It’s as simple as that.
This is it, until we find a way to keep the ball rather than lose it after 2 passes max we will always be put back under pressure and inevitably concede goals it’s just how how many, the championship days of heroically defending v Brentford are long gone.

Not sure if there isn’t a plan or the players just aren’t good enough or it’s just confidence on the ball, probably all 3

Good result, but we stopped playing football after we scored the 2nd goal.
Obviously thought we'd got the result.

We then reverted back to our usual style this season of 9 at the back and no press.
It turned into a game of tig, but we couldn't lay a glove on them. Suppose we are lucky Bournemouth skied a lot of balls too, cos we know what Garbage is like when faced with many shots on target, eeeee. 🙄

If we have a strong bench we win that game today with every substitution we got worse as a team, at the end we had no out ball Osula was garbage, McAtee little better.
If we’d have signed Joe Worrall, he could have made a difference in games like this.

Solanke was a right dirty little so and so.

At one point he shoved Trusty in the lower back when he couldn’t get the ball. Foul but should be more for things like that, you could do lasting physical damage to someone doing that.

I know raised hands to the face is a red but I can’t believe he didn’t get carded for constantly pushing onto Trusty’s chest at every corner.

It’s days like this to crave for a snarling Chris Morgan to give him some back and then some and failed that, a Billy Whitehurst to bang him out.

Horrible player.

We knew all along the squad wasn't good enough or had the depth or fitness to survive at this level,Luton were one down for most of the gane at Palace but stayed in it,then introduced quality and effective players from the bench, Townsend came on at 87 and assisted the equaliser,Luton are second only to Liverpool in scoring goals in the last 15 minutes.Recruit squad depth and quality players,it's not rocket science,but you have to have a recruitment team that know what they are doing

Still believe that Wilder will be after Joe Worrall as one of his targets in the summer (assuming he is still here & Forest are relegated). He has limitations, but for the Championship, he is exactly what we need.

think if McBurnie was still on pitch we would have defended those corners much better
But he'd also be injured or dead? You cant just play people for 100mins when they're not fit half of the season already.

I'd be surprised if Jack Robinson doesn't suffer something after the game as well, he looked like he passed out basically at the end.

Recruit squad depth and quality players,it's not rocket science,but you have to have a recruitment team that know what they are doing
If it isn't rocket science to you then why don't you suggest who should be in our recruitment team? Don't forget we are not as rich as the big clubs to be able to afford the best recruitment team.

If it isn't rocket science to you then why don't you suggest who should be in our recruitment team? Don't forget we are not as rich as the big clubs to be able to afford the best recruitment team.
Because I don't make recruitment decisions,there's an owner to decide who gets employed

But he'd also be injured or dead? You cant just play people for 100mins when they're not fit half of the season already.

I'd be surprised if Jack Robinson doesn't suffer something after the game as well, he looked like he passed out basically at the end.
Sorry but i was not saying he should have been left on the pitch ,I was saying if he had been on the pitch (FIT) we would have defended those corners better .Was not saying he should not have been subbed when injured or unfit .

Amazing when we have to rely on a £20m striker to defend for us, start him at the back and he can go up for set pieces at the other end

Amazing when we have to rely on a £20m striker to defend for us, start him at the back and he can go up for set pieces at the other end
Agree, it's fucking embarrassing, and when he goes off mainly because he can't do 90 mins we capitulate! Only my opinion but if Osula is one of the answers to our striker problems next season then God help us! He's league 1 at best!

New rules favour for a more attacking game, so teams struggling like us will keep letting goals in, because we can't hold onto the ball.
Only have to look at the Brighton disgrace of a performance where it was basically a training session for 80 minutes, endless attacks and crosses against our paper thin defense.

Back
Top Bottom