I'll tell you what is embarrassing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

robbiez666

Reaction score
Some of our fans who turn into little crybabies whenever we lose a game. No one likes losing. I'm angry and very frustrated. But I don't take every setback as an excuse to criticise every single player and the management team. Every single loss doesn't mean we're going to ruin our entire season.

We've lost to the 3rd, 4th and 5th best teams in the league. All on form and all treating us as a cup final.

This is not about criticising. It's the massive overreactions every time we don't win. Like we're fucking Man City. It's a bloody hard league. It always has been. Some of you expect to walk every game.

It's like some of you only started supporting this club after lockdown. You clearly couldn't have been around in the league 1 days. Now that was embarrassing. You'd be wearing nappies.

• Banned
Our fans also forget that while we were 2nd in the league with a healthy points advantage we had a run of really hard games coming up. Playing all the top teams. It was always going to be a bumpy period for us.

Our fans also forget that while we were 2nd in the league with a healthy points advantage we had a run of really hard games coming up. Playing all the top teams. It was always going to be a bumpy period for us.
always gonna be a tough game today robbie and understand what your saying but that just wasnt good enough today reminded me of spurs players performance the other night certain players need to have a long look at themselves theyve let the travelling fans down badly today blackburn should have won by 3 or 4

Blackburn are mediocre cloggers.
Worked hard for the win.
Heckers did say he was worried about two things: maturity and mindset after Wednesday night (fears justified) and a Saturday morning start after a Wednesday night.
Fair dos. Am mildly disappointed that is al.
Full faith in the manager and I have much to clap, cheer, and be proud of.

Some of our fans who turn into little crybabies whenever we lose a game. No one likes losing. I'm angry and very frustrated. But I don't take every setback as an excuse to criticise every single player and the management team. Every single loss doesn't mean we're going to ruin our entire season.

We've lost to the 3rd, 4th and 5th best teams in the league. All on form and all treating us as a cup final.

This is not about criticising. It's the massive overreactions every time we don't win. Like we're fucking Man City. It's a bloody hard league. It always has been. Some of you expect to walk every game.

It's like some of you only started supporting this club after lockdown. You clearly couldn't have been around in the league 1 days. Now that was embarrassing. You'd be wearing nappies.
Wonderful post, couldn't word it any better. The arrogance some of our fans show that we should just win every game is beyond a fucking joke.

Stats show we wasn’t so bad , agree we’re better than we showed today but not so dire as is being made out.
Also how many are playing with the virus?
6022FF47-4DDB-4778-B158-F13E3C72675C.png

This thread is so hypocritical. People whinging about people whinging. Football forum is basically people saying good and bad stuff about the club they follow. If you can’t handle a few negative comments then the forum probably isnt the best place for you.

You can say negative things about the club and still support the club. It comes from a place of wanting us to succeed, that’s all. I also understand people wanting to be positive and more supportive.

Why would anyone want/expect an echo chamber of aligning perspectives on everything? How dull.

This thread is so hypocritical. People whinging about people whinging. Football forum is basically people saying good and bad stuff about the club they follow. If you can’t handle a few negative comments then the forum probably isnt the best place for you.

You can say negative things about the club and still support the club. It comes from a place of wanting us to succeed, that’s all. I also understand people wanting to be positive and more supportive.

Why would anyone want/expect an echo chamber of aligning perspectives on everything? How dull.
There's a difference between reacting to a result or performance and saying everyone involved with the club is shit every time we don't win. '
Fans' post threads before have ended slagging off the players and manager.

That's the difference.

exactly that just wasnt good enough today from certain players you cant ignore the fact we handed that game to blackburn today why is it wrong to criticise a performance like that no it isnt time to panic its still in our own hands but our fans deserved better today from the team

If we're second. And we lose to 3rd 4th and 5th then what does that tell you. It's not really an excuse to fold.

That second half was pathetic btw, it's not bed wetting to point out the obvious
That you don't really understand how football works.

It's not hypocritical mate, and someone trots this out every time anyone dares to say people are overreacting. The OP said himself he's not against anyone criticising - I'd say he's more on about people talking bollocks and reacting like a nuclear bomb's hit every time we lose.

There's a difference between reacting to a result or performance and saying everyone involved with the club is shit every time we don't win. '
Fans' post threads before have ended slagging off the players and manager.

That's the difference.
I tell you what will be an issue, if we don't finish in second place, throwing 14pt lead away. Then the manager comes into question and rightly so.

I tell you what will be an issue, if we don't finish in second place, throwing 14pt lead away. Then the manager comes into question and rightly so.
True, and it would be unlikely that we'd pick up again for the play-offs, but oddly the manager has been an issue for a minority regardless of how far ahead we were in second. Largely it seems for not being Chris Wilder.

Not that some fans have a huge agenda.

Why don't we treat these games as cup finals?

True, and it would be unlikely that we'd pick up again for the play-offs, but oddly the manager has been an issue for a minority regardless of how far ahead we were in second. Largely it seems for not being Chris Wilder.

Not that some fans have a huge agenda.
the worrying thing robbie is this away form hecky just cant get us going i think he needs to have a rethink on tactics for a start just play 1 up top and get another body in midfield as long as weve got a couple like mcatee and nidaye in behind and for what its worth i would have jebbison as that striker mcburnie just never looks dangerous at all although i am biased ive never rated him

There's a difference between reacting to a result or performance and saying everyone involved with the club is shit every time we don't win.

That's the difference.
Its just an opinion though. Its a forum, it will happen. If we don’t win 5-0 then there will be people moaning and if we lose 5-0 then there will be some who will refuse to moan. Neither are ‘wrong’. Criticism is as important as support.

That’s the internet for you, full of polarised opinions and forums naturally are full of them. It keeps everything interesting.

exactly that just wasnt good enough today from certain players you cant ignore the fact we handed that game to blackburn today why is it wrong to criticise a performance like that no it isnt time to panic its still in our own hands but our fans deserved better today from the team
I didnt watch the game today but my general view of the last few months have been ‘we can do much better’. So i can sympathise with that point of view

It keeps everything interesting.
No, it doesn't. Something always having to be amazing or shit makes life much less interesting

Most United performances are in between amazing or shit, but some people can only react like it's amazing or it's terrible.

Life would be much more interesting if you don't have to come on here following a game with threads like 'embarrassing, one about not finishing second, one about the manager bring scared and one about us being in this league next season. There's bound to be one about sacking the manager soon. Conversely, when we win you get threads about being in the Premier League next season or whether we can catch Burney. All off the back of one result.

We've never had a fanbase so manic depressive before.

The big concern for me is we are not learning from these narrow defeats. 3 losses Boro, Wall & today. We keep leaving ourselves wide open to counters like the goal today.
There needs to be an awareness that if we lose the ball in their area there's a foot race on where 6 of our fastest players need to be in positions where they can track back and intercept.
Also when the long punt up the flank is hit, we are never first to the ball and putting it out for a relatively harmless throw in. We are always playing catch.up.
The team shape when pressurising the opposition deep in their half needs working on so not everyone is so deep.

the worrying thing robbie is this away form hecky just cant get us going i think he needs to have a rethink on tactics for a start just play 1 up top and get another body in midfield as long as weve got a couple like mcatee and nidaye in behind and for what its worth i would have jebbison as that striker mcburnie just never looks dangerous at all although i am biased ive never rated him
Can't keep playing Bogle and Lowe at full back together, certainly not away from home. Bogle doesn't defend and Lowe's plain nesh. Get Baldock and Osborn in, start Doyle and go from there.

Back
Top Bottom