I'll tell you what is embarrassing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's not hypocritical mate, and someone trots this out every time anyone dares to say people are overreacting. The OP said himself he's not against anyone criticising - I'd say he's more on about people talking bollocks and reacting like a nuclear bomb's hit every time we lose.
I get that, but i’m saying that forums (and the internet in general) are full of very polarised opinions. Thats the nature of the beast.

the worrying thing robbie is this away form hecky just cant get us going i think he needs to have a rethink on tactics for a start just play 1 up top and get another body in midfield as long as weve got a couple like mcatee and nidaye in behind and for what its worth i would have jebbison as that striker mcburnie just never looks dangerous at all although i am biased ive never rated him
I think we lack that one energetic tough tackling midfielder that we'd always play away from home. The one who breaks play up. Puts a foot in. Blood and thunder. We've been missing it for 3 years.

Hecky has tried to compensate but no combination of midfielders seems good enough. Personally, I think you're better dropping both Norwood and Doyle deep and playing two attacking midfielders behind one striker. Jebbo struggles to hold a ball up. That's the issue with playing him up top alone.

I didn't notice much bedwetting in the away end. Was it all on here-this is the first thread I've looked at. I did hear a lot of effing (football cliche) followed by repeated effing (football cliche) throughout the first half from him behind Much criticism but not much support from him. Think he'd burnt himself out by half time

No, it doesn't. Something always having to be amazing or shit makes life much less interesting

Most United performances are in between amazing or shit, but some people can only react like it's amazing or it's terrible.

Life would be much more interesting if you don't have to come on here following a game with threads like 'embarrassing, one about not finishing second, one about the manager bring scared and one about us being in this league next season. There's bound to be one about sacking the manager soon. Conversely, when we win you get threads about being in the Premier League next season or whether we can catch Burney. All off the back of one result.

We've never had a fanbase so manic depressive before.
I think it reflects that everything and many people are in a funny old place right now (not helped by social media and definitely not helped by lockdown), everyone seems to be reactionary not just this forum. But I bloody hope we've got some steadier heads in the dressing room than on here or we've got no bloody chance.

Why don't we treat these games as cup finals?
because it isn't? It's not an easy task to keep getting players up for games. Boro and Blackburn had to beat us in order to have a realistic chance of second. everything in. Difficult to match that intensity. We've been better than both those teams overall so far this season but you can't just click a switch twice a week.

I think it reflects that everything and many people are in a funny old place right now (not helped by social media and definitely not helped by lockdown), everyone seems to be reactionary not just this forum. But I bloody hope we've got some steadier heads in the dressing room than on here or we've got no bloody chance.
Sad state of the modern world.

Not sure I’m understanding all this negativity towards the goal we conceded. It’s a bad one, granted….but it was 1 goal out of their 2 attempts on target.

We had 14 attempts with only 4 on target. If we convert just 1 we come away with something. Shouldn’t we be looking to fix this?

Midfield not athletic enough. We lose the ball in their penalty area, they hit us at pace. We haven't coped with that all season. It's not rocket science
Anel usually get back and makes a tackle and the rest get back for the resulting corner or throw in , he’s definitely a big miss in situations like that.
We as fans need to keep our heads and not throw the toys out of the pram at every opportunity but I do agree Berge and Fleck are not worth a shirt at the minute and the two City lads should be playing.
Constructive criticism is ok but losing your shit and saying everyone is shit even though we are second and in the last four of the cup quite clearly shows we are not shit!

This thread is so hypocritical. People whinging about people whinging. Football forum is basically people saying good and bad stuff about the club they follow. If you can’t handle a few negative comments then the forum probably isnt the best place for you.

You can say negative things about the club and still support the club. It comes from a place of wanting us to succeed, that’s all. I also understand people wanting to be positive and more supportive.

Why would anyone want/expect an echo chamber of aligning perspectives on everything? How dull.
Being critical and being negative are different.We were poor at times today but looked good for most of the first half.
I think what is annoying is the total negativity of some posters when we lose, rather than accepting that sometimes we will lose and sometimes we play badly.
I agree that attacking those who are totally negative is a waste as they don’t see the whole picture. We should concentrate on the performance not just the result.

All you ask is the players put in 100% every game, if they do that and lose and they’ve had a right go at it you can’t complain.
That second half today was awful, some dreadful performances.
I think they did try , don’t forget there is a virus going through the club and the commentator said that Robinson played while having it v Spurs … how many others have got it?

Or maybe we just have to accept Blackburn we’re better on the day

What's embarrassing is the "accepting we sometimes lose twats", waffling their usual platitudes to make excuses for a shit performance.........yet another one.

We have won games for the last three months against teams that were worse than us and didn't really want it anyway.

Any team that had anything about them, that wants it, beats us because of our slow, sloppy, unprofessional, shit attitude

The performances have been shit, as we keep saying match after match.

And shit performances even with a win do not breed any confidence, which is why Bramall Lane is like a morgue every game.
Nobody believes, players, management, fans, nobody.

This isn't a team going all out for promotion, it is a team that can't believe the position they've found themselves in, and are doing nothing else but trying to hold on.

Even a win against Spurs cannot give them a shot in the arm needed to wake the fuckers up.

I think they did try , don’t forget there is a virus going through the club and the commentator said that Robinson played while having it v Spurs … how many others have got it?

Or maybe we just have to accept Blackburn we’re better on the day
Last 8 lol

I think we lack that one energetic tough tackling midfielder that we'd always play away from home. The one who breaks play up. Puts a foot in. Blood and thunder. We've been missing it for 3 years.

Hecky has tried to compensate but no combination of midfielders seems good enough. Personally, I think you're better dropping both Norwood and Doyle deep and playing two attacking midfielders behind one striker. Jebbo struggles to hold a ball up. That's the issue with playing him up top alone.
definetly change it to 4231 and have norwood and doyle as the 2 protectors with berge nidaye and mcatee in behind a lone striker we would have more of the ball and teams wouldnt just breeze through our midfield playing 3 at the back has run its course all it does is invite teams on to us we can still get automatic no problem but hecky has to wise up quick and accept this system has been sussed now and personally i think unless he changes tactics and drops players who are just not doing it were heading for the play offs again

Just re-watched their goal on the highlights. Fleck could have easily taken one for the team and blocked off/fouled their guy breaking out of their own penalty area.
Knowing how ponderous we are at getting back, that should be the instruction for the rest of the season.
Norwood and Fleck running back were going backwards compared to their players. Happening too often.
Take a card.
Slow it down.
Get back and defence set.
Defend.

Some of our fans who turn into little crybabies whenever we lose a game. No one likes losing. I'm angry and very frustrated. But I don't take every setback as an excuse to criticise every single player and the management team. Every single loss doesn't mean we're going to ruin our entire season.

We've lost to the 3rd, 4th and 5th best teams in the league. All on form and all treating us as a cup final.

This is not about criticising. It's the massive overreactions every time we don't win. Like we're fucking Man City. It's a bloody hard league. It always has been. Some of you expect to walk every game.

It's like some of you only started supporting this club after lockdown. You clearly couldn't have been around in the league 1 days. Now that was embarrassing. You'd be wearing nappies.
10 point gap with a chance of 13 points a few weeks ago, its not cry babies its when it comes on top and united need to produce we inevitably fail. We played very average before boro in a number of games and got results (except qpr who everyone else in the league is hammering week in week out) put us up against a top ten team and we struggle.

definetly change it to 4231 and have norwood and doyle as the 2 protectors with berge nidaye and mcatee in behind a lone striker we would have more of the ball and teams wouldnt just breeze through our midfield playing 3 at the back has run its course all it does is invite teams on to us we can still get automatic no problem but hecky has to wise up quick and accept this system has been sussed now and personally i think unless he changes tactics and drops players who are just not doing it were heading for the play offs again
Today was a game where a point would have been a good result. 1 more point and 2 less for them. We need to set up to be hard to beat and try and nick one away from home against the better sides.

We've played Millwall, Watford, Boro and Blackburn in the last 3 games. I'd have taken 7 points there. We have 3.

Some of our fans who turn into little crybabies whenever we lose a game. No one likes losing. I'm angry and very frustrated. But I don't take every setback as an excuse to criticise every single player and the management team. Every single loss doesn't mean we're going to ruin our entire season.

We've lost to the 3rd, 4th and 5th best teams in the league. All on form and all treating us as a cup final.

This is not about criticising. It's the massive overreactions every time we don't win. Like we're fucking Man City. It's a bloody hard league. It always has been. Some of you expect to walk every game.

It's like some of you only started supporting this club after lockdown. You clearly couldn't have been around in the league 1 days. Now that was embarrassing. You'd be wearing nappies.
League one days I remember us losing to Walsall and going into the old fourth division. I was there. The we got Colin Morris, Keith Edwarss and good old Bobby Hatton................them were the days!

League one days I remember us losing to Walsall and going into the old fourth division. I was there. The we got Colin Morris, Keith Edwarss and good old Bobby Hatton................them were the days!
Little before my time. My first game was the next season.

A few years ago there was a poster who'd start 3 threads after every defeat

Anybody got any idea who it was....... ?

Was behind a group of lads at FT yesterday who were giving the players the wanker signs when they came over to clap.

Bet they think we’re a right set of c*nts. I probably would.

What's embarrassing is the "accepting we sometimes lose twats", waffling their usual platitudes to make excuses for a shit performance.........yet another one.

We have won games for the last three months against teams that were worse than us and didn't really want it anyway.

Any team that had anything about them, that wants it, beats us because of our slow, sloppy, unprofessional, shit attitude

The performances have been shit, as we keep saying match after match.

And shit performances even with a win do not breed any confidence, which is why Bramall Lane is like a morgue every game.
Nobody believes, players, management, fans, nobody.

This isn't a team going all out for promotion, it is a team that can't believe the position they've found themselves in, and are doing nothing else but trying to hold on.

Even a win against Spurs cannot give them a shot in the arm needed to wake the fuckers up.
Agree

We need more people to speak up against the bedwetters.
The problem is, like other cry-babies, they make a lot of noise. Dozens of posts shitting the bed, with one or two Likes. A load of negative noise, disproportionate to the situation, and contrary to the views of the majority.
The OP has 60 likes. So as they say Sing up Shoreham, that includes against the panickers.

10 point gap with a chance of 13 points a few weeks ago, its not cry babies its when it comes on top and united need to produce we inevitably fail. We played very average before boro in a number of games and got results (except qpr who everyone else in the league is hammering week in week out) put us up against a top ten team and we struggle.
How come all these other top ten teams aren't in second place??

After the performances of late we have every right to moan, just as we praise the team when they play well. It's not even the fact the players aren't good enough that pisses people off. It's the lack of urgency from our supposedly 'top players' like Sander Berge that pisses us off.

Back
Top Bottom