Incoming? Iliman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This may well be acheivable if, and only if Marseille still own United money on the original transfer.

don't think there would be one single United fan that would be against him coming back
Hi Stegosaurus here,

I would. He treated Hecky like a bag of bollocks messing him around. Blatant disrespect. Doesn't matter how good he may be, sod him--by mucking Hecky around he prevented Hecky the chance from lining up a replacement until it was too late.

Agreed, that it's too late for us now. Would be nice to go down with a bit of fight and be prepared for a return next season.
We would need a lot of things to go our way and multiple miracles to happen.

But couldn’t agree more - from a current situation perspective going down on the last day of the season after taking it right to the wire with a hell of a fight would be some achievement considering the slow start and the spanking by Newcastle.

Plus the fact a whimper of an attempt against the 3 teams closest to us (mainly against Burnley) recently put the nail in our coffin making them look much better than us when in reality there isn’t much between the bottom 3

Not to keep bumping this thread, but Marseille are close to spending 3 million on a full back. Doesn't seem like their finances are in that much trouble.

1705342076049.png

Hi Stegosaurus here,

I would. He treated Hecky like a bag of bollocks messing him around. Blatant disrespect. Doesn't matter how good he may be, sod him--by mucking Hecky around he prevented Hecky the chance from lining up a replacement until it was too late.
We couldn’t have replaced him if we tried.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Kind of. You could argue that he was torn about leaving. He clearly was up for staying as he very nearly did and turned down Marseille.

A now or never statement to Iliman made him push to leave. Hometown club and probably thought if I don't go now and never get to go I'll always wonder.

As for it being too late, we knew he was leaving 2 weeks plus before the season started. Technically his replacement Archer was signed on the 27th of August. A month after.

We would need a lot of things to go our way and multiple miracles to happen.

But couldn’t agree more - from a current situation perspective going down on the last day of the season after taking it right to the wire with a hell of a fight would be some achievement considering the slow start and the spanking by Newcastle.

Plus the fact a whimper of an attempt against the 3 teams closest to us (mainly against Burnley) recently put the nail in our coffin making them look much better than us when in reality there isn’t much between the bottom 3
The Newcastle and Burnley games effectively gave us -18GD compared to Burnley.

-18 from two games! Embarrassing.

As Bergen says, Marseille are more than capable of affording a few million here and there, but of course it won't deter those Blades from interpreting this as a sign that Ndiaye has a return ticket......ain't gonna happen.

Back
Top Bottom