Incoming? Iliman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He’s played 21 times this season and looks like 14 starts from Google. Just missed a couple from a red card but I’m not sure I buy this on the basis he’s struggling to get game time. Regularly playing European football too.
Yep I doubt particularly buy it for that very reason it's not like he's frozen out

There is no doubt that he was a massive part of our success last season, but as I have said before that is no guarantee that he will be anywhere near as good at PL level.
He probably would strengthen our bench but if we go down then what ?
He’d be the first name on the team sheet.

I think aBladezz dreamt that one up.
Most Blades accepted it well ! we understood he wanted to play for his club .
And most would take him back in a heart beat.
Dream on Bladezz.
Dream on?

I’d love him back! I’d swop all our strikers for him right now.

But if you want to ignore the abuse he got on Twitter / Instagram then no problem.

We will see if he goes on loan and decides not to come here.

Last season he was, without a doubt, the best player I have ever seen play for us. He almost single handedly carried us to promotion, before he had his head turned by Marseille in the summer.

If there is ANY substance whatsoever to this paper-chat, I think the club should go all out to try and get him back. The bottom of the PL is so congested currently, alongside teams like Forest being in free fall, that bizarrely, we are not already down and out. The introduction of a player of his calibre could make a huge difference in the second half of the season, if he can recapture some of the form he showed last time out.

Dunno if this sort of thing is possible, but if Marseille are open to loaning him out, could we jump to the front of the queue by sacrificing some of the sell on clause we have? Surely the potential financial rewards of staying in the PL would offset the loss we might incur IF he goes somewhere else in a megamoney transfer in future? Would save Marseille a bit at a later date, and potentially save us the cost of having to recruit a new player on a perm in January? Edit to add...the financial situation would be further boosted by survival, as we would then keep Archer, and not have to go shopping for ANOTHER new striker.

I think we should try if there is a chance of a loan move, no doubt he would certainly be an asset if recovering his old blades form, but if he goes to another premiership club all those on here constantly getting all emotional about even a mention of his name need to put a sock in it

Rumours of big money loan signings in Jan might be relevant right here 👊

Is Illi an actual loan target? Hope CW thinks so.

Gibbs white will persuade him to go to forest if they come calling

I now live in Cyprus, currently in Metropolis Mall in Larnaca, not 10 mins ago me and my lad were talking to a member of staff in the Decathlon shop, he was on the phone and heard his accent - French. So had to ask, what his team was... yep. Marseille.
Sure be didn't expect to bump into a couple of Blades today!

Said he thinks Illi's a great player, but their lot are demanding, their whole life is about football and so he's under more pressure being one of them. Mentioned that Marseille is very deprived (assuming the areas are where most of their fans are drawn).

We said we wanted him back. He seemed sure he wouldn't be going anywhere in January..!

Only issue is that he’ll be missing games due to AFCON

Exactly, this being a huge factor.

Never usually pay much attention to what that El accounto on twatter says, but he posted on this a short while ago and has a point.

With the AFCON, any loan deal would only see him eligible for 14 remaining games. His salary has now shot up to £27k a week at Marseille, which we would have to pay whikst he's away internationally. I get that's hardly owt if he comes back, bags goals and somehow contributes to keeping us up.... Just don't think PA would sanction that deal.

Exactly, this being a huge factor.

Never usually pay much attention to what that El accounto on twatter says, but he posted on this a short while ago and has a point.

With the AFCON, any loan deal would only see him eligible for 14 remaining games. His salary has now shot up to £27k a week at Marseille, which we would have to pay whikst he's away internationally. I get that's hardly owt if he comes back, bags goals and somehow contributes to keeping us up.... Just don't think PA would sanction that deal.
I think he’ll be on more than 27k. We would have offered him more than that

If he did come back we'd stick with 4 at the back. Only way to accommodate him, McAtee, Archer and McBurnie

Nixon tweeted something about if he was in the team today would be a big sign to his future.

He's starting.

I now live in Cyprus, currently in Metropolis Mall in Larnaca, not 10 mins ago me and my lad were talking to a member of staff in the Decathlon shop, he was on the phone and heard his accent - French. So had to ask, what his team was... yep. Marseille.
Sure be didn't expect to bump into a couple of Blades today!

Said he thinks Illi's a great player, but their lot are demanding, their whole life is about football and so he's under more pressure being one of them. Mentioned that Marseille is very deprived (assuming the areas are where most of their fans are drawn).

We said we wanted him back. He seemed sure he wouldn't be going anywhere in January..!
Aye
Thread Closed
Bloke talking to a shop assistant in Cyprus who is an expert in Sociology says so

He’s played 21 times this season and looks like 14 starts from Google. Just missed a couple from a red card but I’m not sure I buy this on the basis he’s struggling to get game time. Regularly playing European football too.
He's played 804 minutes in the league. Equivalent to 9 full games.
He's completed 90mins once.

1 goal and 3 assists.

They play him on the wing

Back
Top Bottom