CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You know, the one thing that baffles me is the club haven’t made any noise to quell the rumours OM are putting out there. Maybe OM are being factual, they bagged Starr and Abaminang

Not suggesting the couldnt sign Ndaiye, sarr and Aubemeyang

But one factor to consider is that being so vocal in thier chasing of Ndaiye and hearing ‘how much he wants to go there’ couldn’t hurt their negotiators with Watford for sarr. Doesn’t hurt having more options on the table if Watford are playing hardball

Tell you what though their fans on twitter (or 'X', whatever the F that is all about) are fast making them this seasons Nottingham Forest in my eyes. They really are the most annoying bunch of arseholes I've ever seen.

I really need to stop pressing 'translate tweet' because it's severely rattling

The social team keep making a point of posting a picture or video nearly every day of Ndiaye.

True but I suppose a few words wouldn’t go amiss either?

I wish this came to a conclusion so we can all move on. I guess that while ever this supposed signing of a new contract remains up in the air, the more we’ll keep reading scurrilous messages supposedly emanating from the OM camp?

That's interesting.
It sounds like our starting point is where I'd want us to be: £35m release clause, which maybe drops to about £25m if we're relegated.

Problem is, we don't hold much leverage on this one. If we have to, we might have to drop it by as much as £10m for both scenarios.
We'd still have to consider that a good result.

There's been a lot of talk (which I've been involved in) about how credible certain media sources are. Alan Nixon, despite the shit he gets, does tend to be in and around it when it comes to us.
Good post, and let's be honest here, most Blades were resigned to him either leaving this season for an OM lowball offer - £10m - or leaving for free at the end of his contract.
The only difference would be an increase in pay for Illi that we'd need to cost for the next 12 months.
So we give him a pay rise and have a 'release clause' I would put it at £15m - to cover our wage payments and have at least some money coming in.
However, Illi has never played in the EPL before. Yes he's heard of it and seen it on TV - but actually being involved in it - the media circus, the global scrutiny and fame. He might love it and love playing for us in the EPL, so I think we should do everything we can to keep him for this one season. It might open his eyes and he might even be willing to turn down those offers to stay with us if we can avoid relegation!

For any release clause, would it be possible to have it activated following this season? because losing him in JTW would be a bigger smack to the face than him leaving in the summer for free.

I see Mbappe has left another French club for £259 million,does the mean Illy is worth more than the £35 million clause, hold the signature signing!

For any release clause, would it be possible to have it activated following this season? because losing him in JTW would be a bigger smack to the face than him leaving in the summer for free.

I’m sure it would be fairly simple to insert into a contract “The release clause is set at £x, (or £x if relegated) and becomes active upon the conclusion of the 23/24 season” rather than with immediate effect

True but I suppose a few words wouldn’t go amiss either?

I wish this came to a conclusion so we can all move on. I guess that while ever this supposed signing of a new contract remains up in the air, the more we’ll keep reading scurrilous messages supposedly emanating from the OM camp?
Hecky commented on it after the chezzy game I think it was and that's probably all we will ever get. We aren't exactly going to release a club statement around rumours from France surely?

If it's a lower release clause than we value him at, I hope the clause will only be activated at the end of next season. I'm sure there's very clever people involved in the negotiations, but if we lower it, to say £15m, I would hope that can only be triggered after at least 12 months
No point in haggling over it, agreeing to £15m and some other club pays that before the season kicks off.

Hecky commented on it after the chezzy game I think it was and that's probably all we will ever get. We aren't exactly going to release a club statement around rumours from France surely?

Yeah true, but I was thinking more about an update as to where ourbclub is with Diaye and a possible new contract, not really bothered about comments or statements concerning OM tbh.

Just want to see things sorted one way or another, as it’s only a couple of weeks to the new season

What on earth is that Twitter account? What next, St Etienne Captain Haddock?

I thought we'd peaked at flat pack furniture sales, however seeing screenshots of Meadowhall department stores to identify his location make me think twice.

Illy’s wife just put an instagram video of him in an airport….panic time?
Why an airport on Monday neet? He could get a feckin bus ‘t New York stadium by tomora.

or for our onion loving baguette munchers…..

Pourquoi un aéroport le lundi soir ? Il pourrait prendre un bus pour le stade de New York demain.

Back
Top Bottom