CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Just out of interest, what do you guys reckon Illi will be earning if he does sign a new contract. Got to be in the 30 - 40k region surely
I've heard it's much more than that, apparently 60,000 but the club wanted to make Ili feel at home and will sort payment in the currency of Senegal - the West African Francs. Works out at around £92 quid a week, a 20% increase on current salary.

It has got to be more than £50K PW surely.
I would imagine all the players get a good bonus if we stay up, maybe his is a bit higher too.

Add ons.
£50K per goal.
£20K per assist
£250K if he puts Ramsdale on his arse before putting it past him and then giving him the w@nker sign.
First 2 are unrealistic

It has got to be more than £50K PW surely.
I would imagine all the players get a good bonus if we stay up, maybe his is a bit higher too.

Add ons.
£50K per goal.
£20K per assist
£250K if he puts Ramsdale on his arse before putting it past him and then giving him the w@nker sign.

Attachments

• 2_Footballer-Robin-Friday.jpg
    2_Footballer-Robin-Friday.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 38
I'm obviously really happy for the lad and his family but how far in such a short space of time has he come, only seems like a year or two, just shows you never know,maybe, just maybe one of the new signings, players we've not heard of before could be in the same position in 18 months, let's hope playing in Europe will help keep em 😳

You’d tell me if I’m trying too hard wouldn’t you? 😉

Attachments

• IMG_0807.jpeg
    IMG_0807.jpeg
    408.2 KB · Views: 70
I'm not sure Berge will follow suit - he's already on a v good contract and going into the final year, I'd be inclined to sit tight and see what offers arise. I'm sure he still has ambition to play higher than Utd will realistically be able to offer any time soon e.g. European competitions so I'd be surprised if he commits to extending his stay unless a lot more money is offered and the equivalent relegation triggers are included.

I think Berge has been decent for stopping with us for the last 2 champ seasons. I also think that it was said, that we would be a stepping stone for him to move to a bigger club when his contract is up.

If we are in a comfortable position come January then you never know what he might do going forward. I wouldn't be against another contract for him that's for sure.

Ndiaye in 9 months:

phil-jagielka-hand-ball-sheffield-utd-v-wigan-athletic-bramall-lane-JEB25E.jpg
Somewhere there's an arrogant angry pompous retiree with a large, not little, black book who likes this.

Is it official then? 3 years?
The important information is it a 3 year extension or a new 3 year deal. If it’s the latter we’re back in the “do we need to sell” even if we stay up. Fingers crossed for the extension.

He is a top man and a great bloke. Superb professional. He looks very happy.

I really hope the club and Illiman make the fans happy too.

I am expecting to get up early on Monday, with a nice warm feeling behind the zip. ;)

The important information is it a 3 year extension or a new 3 year deal. If it’s the latter we’re back in the “do we need to sell” even if we stay up. Fingers crossed for the extextension.

Let's be realistic. The likelihood is he's guna go in 12 months no matter what. The New contract is so he doesn't go for nowt which if he signs I'll be chuffed no matter what.

The important information is it a 3 year extension or a new 3 year deal. If it’s the latter we’re back in the “do we need to sell” even if we stay up. Fingers crossed for the extension.
Think it would have to be a new 3 year deal on full whack salary.

If it was a 2 year extension then surely he would be paid on his currently salary for this coming year and increased for the other 2 years?

Let's be realistic. The likelihood is he's guna go in 12 months no matter what. The New contract is so he doesn't go for nowt which if he signs I'll be chuffed no matter what.
Yeah. But if we stay up its money well spent. And to be fair the lads not kicked up a stink or agitated for a move at all.

ITKers don’t know whether to laugh or cry, happy he’s staying but killed off their ITK status once and for all as he was sold so they said 🙈
When someone is sold they have a deal in front of them they can’t turn down now if said buying club then wants to pay 11 but said selling team want closer to 18 then not sold the issue of being itk is that things look certain but are fluid and do change. I’m 99% he’ll sign but could be sold in the summer if someone meets a buyout of 25m, all I can say is that management team are very persuasive and the Prince sees that it makes sense. Will never match wages of Marseille but as Jan the lure of playing at the lane in the premier and learning from very good coaches but it wouldn’t have been wages. Ndiaye like I said in Jan turned down massive wages even though he could have been sold to stick with the Blades.

When someone is sold they have a deal in front of them they can’t turn down now if said buying club then wants to pay 11 but said selling team want closer to 18 then not sold the issue of being itk is that things look certain but are fluid and do change. I’m 99% he’ll sign but could be sold in the summer if someone meets a buyout of 25m, all I can say is that management team are very persuasive and the Prince sees that it makes sense. Will never match wages of Marseille but as Jan the lure of playing at the lane in the premier and learning from very good coaches but it wouldn’t have been wages. Ndiaye like I said in Jan turned down massive wages even though he could have been sold to stick with the Blades.
Wrong, sold means sold. As in a player is no longer an employee of a selling club because he has been sold to a buying club and contracts have been signed, that is sold and everything else is just negotiations and clearly both clubs were a fair bit apart in negotiations to even coming close to selling (as of yet)

All you and others did was jump the gun and put a sold sign on it because it was looking highly likely he was going, I’m not saying you are not ITK and you may well have been told he was going but you and others said Sold as to look ITK if he went imo… like I say you may well know things and be ITK but you just jumped the gun with this one that’s all and I’m not really having a dig at you personally 👍

Think it would have to be a new 3 year deal on full whack salary.

If it was a 2 year extension then surely he would be paid on his currently salary for this coming year and increased for the other 2 years?
No, his terms would increase from the time it’s agreed. Not sure why you think his current terms would supersede anything agreed within his new one? You just roll the length into the new deal and it would be reported as an extension to his existing deal.

I'm guessing any contract to tempt Ndiaye would create some disparity in pay between the accepted structure and what he'd personally earn.

Usually I'm dead against breaking the salary structure - but in this case I think even the least self aware player in our squad can recognise the ridiculous talent that he possesses. He's a special player worthy of special money.

Hopefully this won't create any discord around the club.

I'm guessing any contract to tempt Ndiaye would create some disparity in pay between the accepted structure and what he'd personally earn.

Usually I'm dead against breaking the salary structure - but in this case I think even the least self aware player in our squad can recognise the ridiculous talent that he possesses. He's a special player worthy of special money.

Baldock is already asking questions. 😄

No, his terms would increase from the time it’s agreed. Not sure why you think his current terms would supersede anything agreed within his new one? You just roll the length into the new deal and it would be reported as an extension to his existing deal.
How the hell do you know!

There are dozens of ways a ‘new deal’ could roll out.

Immediate effect, start of new season, back dates and so on.

You simply do not know.

It’d make financial sense to pay him 80/100/120k a week. Protects a £40m+ asset that could walk for nothing in 12 months.

Back
Top Bottom