Iliman Ndiaye a thing of beauty .

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Totally agree. He infuriated the fuck out of me in the first 3/4 months he was here, many a time having a strop, giving away time and time again, constantly doing skill related passes rather than the simple straight forward pass....

But the final 4 months or so, everything seemed to come off, he was superb.

One thing I will say about him, even in games he was having a shocker, he never hid and still wanted the ball aswell as working his arse off.
Good summary. As I said, he wouldn't give a defender a second to relax, something I regard as essential in unsettling the opposition. The more you can add something to your game the more advantage you have, and given the realities of what we'll face if/when we're promoted, the more 'weaponry' we'll need to collect points. It might seem an oversimplification, but many of the teams we'll face will be seasoned, so we'll need to be savvy and cute in how we approach the opposition.

Not surprised with it being Ramadan too.
I wasn't aware that Ndiaye was a Muslim. However, as far as I'm aware, there are exemptions:
"Fasting generally entails abstaining from food, drink, and sexual relations from before the first light of dawn until the setting of the sun. Muslims are required to fast on each of the 29 to 30 days of Ramadan. If unable to fast, charity or fasting days outside Ramadan may suffice."

I wasn't aware that Ndiaye was a Muslim. However, as far as I'm aware, there are exemptions:
"Fasting generally entails abstaining from food, drink, and sexual relations from before the first light of dawn until the setting of the sun. Muslims are required to fast on each of the 29 to 30 days of Ramadan. If unable to fast, charity or fasting days outside Ramadan may suffice."
I remember last year, or maybe the year before, they allowed a break in play so he could get some food and drink. I think it was an away game. I assumed it was at sunset, but that doesn't fit with a 3pm ko. Perhaps I dreamed it.😂

I'll tell you what this lad is better than Currie who had the sort of laid back style of Sander Berge, Currie could head a ball though, shoot with both feet and a better range of passing. Ndiaye still has a bit to learn he sometimes tries to do too much but his footwork and ball control is unbelievable, make no mistake this lad is heading for the top just enjoy it while you can he won't be with us forever. I hope we have him here next season but to do so we will have to fend off some eye watering bids in the summer.
He is an absolute joy to watch and must be a nightmare for the other team because we don't know what he will do next so how would defender know. Worth the admission money just to see this kid play his skill levels are frightening.

🇸🇳🇸🇳🇸🇳🇸🇳

I remember last year, or maybe the year before, they allowed a break in play so he could get some food and drink. I think it was an away game. I assumed it was at sunset, but that doesn't fit with a 3pm ko. Perhaps I dreamed it.😂

They've just done this in the Everton game about 20 minutes ago, so I imagine you're remembering accurately!

It does but also Ramadan isn't always the same time of year - during a winter Ramadan sundown would be during a 3pm match.
No, I 'd already checked the dates for the last 3 years. Similar dates.

My understanding is that Iliman fully and faithfully follows Ramadan, including fasting. Which made his scoring run during Ramadan last season even more impressive.

I had a feeling it was v QPR away. Seems that might be the time I remembered, 29 April 2022 7.45pm

Back
Top Bottom