If we were to sack Hecky

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Next Manager

• Chris Wilder

Votes: 69 19.2%
  • Dean Smith

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Neil Warnock

Votes: 25 6.9%
  • Nathan Jones

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • Javi Gracia

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • John Eustace

Votes: 15 4.2%
  • Ralph Hassenhuttl

Votes: 129 35.8%
  • Graham Potter

Votes: 111 30.8%

• Total voters
Hessenhuttl or Still, club needs a complete change in manager selection, instead of going for ex players / managers, new broom etc. Yes, we ttried it with Slav, but he didn't get very long tbh without a transfer window. Get the club sold and rebuild in a more solid way over next couple of years in the championship

Hessenhuttl or Still, club needs a complete change in manager selection, instead of going for ex players / managers, new broom etc. Yes, we ttried it with Slav, but he didn't get very long tbh without a transfer window. Get the club sold and rebuild in a more solid way over next couple of years in the championship
Someone like Still I could get on board with.

Sadly I doubt the majority would support him for long unless he got off to a flyer.

I agree. I know it was awful under Slav but didn't he not get any targets he wanted? Seemed to remember he wanted wingers. Wasn't the right fit at the time.

One thing I did like about WIlder is despite the COVID season he did seem like he had control of a lot of aspects of the club. Some would argue too much control of somethings but at least someone was taking charge.

That would be by far my biggest concern, not something to like. The club needs to structure its football operations in a vaguely 21st century fashion and have proper demarcation of coaching, recruitment/scouting and fitness/conditioning/sport science as the completely separate departments that they should be. The very last thing we need to do is bring in an old fashioned manager who wants to stick his nose into multiple areas of the club rather than concentrating on improving the players and winning matches.

Of course, some will say that such a reorganisation will cost munneh we don't have. The counter argument would be that we've been shown to be way off the pace in all areas with the current structure and we can't afford not to modernise the way we run things. When we look like amateur hour compared to the likes of Brentford that should be a wake up call, not a sign to go back to something that worked five years ago and assume it'll still work today

That would be by far my biggest concern, not something to like. The club needs to structure its football operations in a vaguely 21st century fashion and have proper demarcation of coaching, recruitment/scouting and fitness/conditioning/sport science as the completely separate departments that they should be. The very last thing we need to do is bring in an old fashioned manager who wants to stick his nose into multiple areas of the club rather than concentrating on improving the players and winning matches.

Of course, some will say that such a reorganisation will cost munneh we don't have. The counter argument would be that we've been shown to be way off the pace in all areas with the current structure and we can't afford not to modernise the way we run things. When we look like amateur hour compared to the likes of Brentford that should be a wake up call, not a sign to go back to something that worked five years ago and assume it'll still work today

The thing is with Wilder he seemed to make sure things were right elsewhere at the club. That said I see your point and the reasons his fingers were in many pies at the club was down to lack of structure in the first place. Although it did seem like Wilder was driving things at the club and wanting the club to invest more into the structure not just the playing staff. I think that was part of his breakdown, I think he had too much going on behind the scenes at the club that he could deal with.

I'd still rather have someone other than Wilder only because I just don't think he has changed or adapted since leaving us. He would also need to apologise to the fans (and some of the players) for the way he left.

The thing is with Wilder he seemed to make sure things were right elsewhere at the club. That said I see your point and the reasons his fingers were in many pies at the club was down to lack of structure in the first place. Although it did seem like Wilder was driving things at the club and wanting the club to invest more into the structure not just the playing staff. I think that was part of his breakdown, I think he had too much going on behind the scenes at the club that he could deal with.

I'd still rather have someone other than Wilder only because I just don't think he has changed or adapted since leaving us. He would also need to apologise to the fans (and some of the players) for the way he left.

Yep, don't disagree with you there. I guess my general point is that without the correct structure in place, you'll have someone trying to be the manager, rather than for all intents and purposes a head coach, who ends up without a system in place to allow him (or her?) to be able to succeed, and ends up diverting attention away from their primary role and you end up not getting the best in either area

Who would you want from the available managers?
Forget about pie in the sky like Kieran McKenna, Ryan Lowe or Liam Rosenier. We aren't paying compo.

All well known/rumoured for jobs in the country recently.
I've listed it from most likely attainable to least likely attainable, even as free agents.

For what it's worth my realistic choice would be Hassenhuttl. Potter is the dream but absolutely no chance.
Agree, Potter would be a dream BUT we have a better chance of getting Harry than Graham...... Warnock until July 1st

Chill. I meant roll the dice on replacing Hecky.
Not you at all.
But that is exactly what we are doing if we get rid of Hecky and allow Wilder back.
Blindly rolling the dice and hoping.
It is chancing it.
Personally I don’t think Wilder deserves another chance at the Lane.

Back
Top Bottom