If we were to sack Hecky

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Next Manager

• Chris Wilder

Votes: 69 19.2%
  • Dean Smith

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Neil Warnock

Votes: 25 6.9%
  • Nathan Jones

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • Javi Gracia

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • John Eustace

Votes: 15 4.2%
  • Ralph Hassenhuttl

Votes: 129 35.8%
  • Graham Potter

Votes: 111 30.8%

• Total voters
I’ve read a lot of posts on here & talked with a lot of mates about Wilder & to be honest having firmly been in the Hecky camp …… I’m changing my mind. I just feel that although he has been dealt a crap hand following the sales of Berge & Ndiaye, the injuries and defeats week after week are now affecting his mentality. He has done a cracking job, but his body language tells me he’s feeling the pressure now & I don’t think he knows how to lift himself or the players out of this.

So, my head is now that we should try & see if we can keep Hecky to oversee U23/U21/U18 and bring back Wilder to see if he can lift things again. He must feel he’s got unfinished business having got derailed due to Covid 4 years ago. I can’t see him keeping us up with the squad we have, but I can see us going passed Derby’s points total comfortably.

When were Carricks promotions and Premier League finishes?
Do you think Wilder has forgotten how to manage?

He’s not even had a full season in charge yet; give him a chance. He’s been busy clearing up Chris’ mess.

Judging on his last 2 tenures and how it finished post 2019/20 at the lane, yeah.
[/QUOTE]
I'm just saying, his greatest achievement is finishing 16 points behind us and blowing the play offs. That's it.
He started terribly this season and has only just dragged them to mid table in the Championship.
Like Lampard and Gerrard he'll get extra attention but I don't see it myself.

For the record I want to keep Hecky over Wilder by the way.

He’s not even had a full season in charge yet; give him a chance. He’s been busy clearing up Chris’ mess.

Judging on his last 2 tenures and how it finished post 2019/20 at the lane, yeah.
I'm just saying, his greatest achievement is finishing 16 points behind us and blowing the play offs. That's it.
He started terribly this season and has only just dragged them to mid table in the Championship.

[/QUOTE]
After a huge head start in our favour… he did a miraculous job. You call it mid table, I’d say joint 6th. Which after a terrible run shows he can turn bad form around. Something Chris hasn’t shown he can do.

After a huge head start in our favour… he did a miraculous job. You call it mid table, I’d say joint 6th. Which after a terrible run shows he can turn bad form around. Something Chris hasn’t shown he can do.
[/QUOTE]
We were bottom, Millwall wasn't it? He got the beers in? The rest is history.

Look, nostalgia is making me respect him and his achievements more, but that nostalgia is also telling me its a bad idea to go back to an ex.

I just get a bit protective when people overlook his past credentials and rate prospects higher than him.

So….Its all true. Wifes been chatting with contacts.
Everyone in the sports media is hearing the same thing. No longer speculation but infact a matter time. There wasnt an intention of sacking Hecky because of relegation, but whats transpired this season has been seen as completely unacceptable by the board. And HRH wants to protect the selling price (value) of the club by maintaining our Epl status, the cost of sacking Hecky is alot less financially than relegation.
Everyone in media says Tomorrow night it will be announced that Hecky has been sacked. And that Wilder will be announced early next week. This is all now widespread knowledge and should be in tomorrow’s gossip columns. Sounds to be already agreed and done.

Shrug of shoulders from me. If it happens it happens. The world keeps turning and it will be another Blades manager I've seen come and go. Seen enough of em now.

Everyone in the sports media is hearing the same thing. No longer speculation but infact a matter time. There wasnt an intention of sacking Hecky because of relegation, but whats transpired this season has been seen as completely unacceptable by the board. And HRH wants to protect the selling price (value) of the club by maintaining our Epl status, the cost of sacking Hecky is alot less financially than relegation.
Everyone in media says Tomorrow night it will be announced that Hecky has been sacked. And that Wilder will be announced early next week. This is all now widespread knowledge and should be in tomorrow’s gossip columns. Sounds to be already agreed and done.
Honestly can’t work out if this is a long time joke where you pretend to be itk and are constantly wrong. Was it not just yesterday you said it was BS and Hecky was going nowhere, now every man and his dog knows Hecky is going your claiming to be itk again? Some act your keeping up pal :D

I'd have thought PA would want to retain value as well by not having nearly 50% of the squad injured at any given time.

If, as expected, Wilder comes in he's going to be inheriting what is already a threadbare squad and of that squad there will be a fair few players who he won't want because they aren't 'his' players. He brought in about a dozen new players when he took over in the summer of 2016. I just can't see this working out at all. It's got 'disaster' written all over it.
It’s a disaster now. May as well roll the dice.

If a change happens then, surely, CW has argued to be able to bring bodies in, in the JTW.

Question is, how does the board fund said moves? PH is on record, during this weeks press conference, stating there will be no moves in the JTW. So either CW will run with what we've got (I doubt it) or the Prince finds some cash OR we sell to bring in bodies. If it's the latter, who we shipping out to raise funds? Egan? Furious? Anel? McB?

If a change happens then, surely, CW has argued to be able to bring bodies in, in the JTW.

Question is, how does the board fund said moves? PH is on record, during this weeks press conference, stating there will be no moves in the JTW. So either CW will run with what we've got (I doubt it) or the Prince finds some cash OR we sell to bring in bodies. If it's the latter, who we shipping out to raise funds? Egan? Furious? Anel? McB?

One thing I did like about WIlder is despite the COVID season he did seem like he had control of a lot of aspects of the club. Some would argue too much control of somethings but at least someone was taking charge.

I did like his approach to not getting totally fucked over by agents. That said it didn't stop us getting buggered by Liverpool for Brewster.

One thing I did like about WIlder is despite the COVID season he did seem like he had control of a lot of aspects of the club. Some would argue too much control of somethings but at least someone was taking charge.

I did like his approach to not getting totally fucked over by agents. That said it didn't stop us getting buggered by Liverpool for Brewster.
Brewster, now fit, could be used to raise some cash. Might get half the money back.....

I voted for Wilder mostly because half the squad are his signings & it brings a conclusion to the Wilder shadow hanging over things, with failure or success. It’s a rehash rather than a refresh, which is bang in line with PA’s failure to find anything close to a reputable buyer or investor. Pockets bulging now with a second EPL/Sky instalment, he ought to spend AND reduce his asking price. Will probably do neither, & what decent manager would want to join now without a major budget, other than Wilder?

Maintaining our EPL status 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I voted for Wilder mostly because half the squad are his signings & it brings a conclusion to the Wilder shadow hanging over things, with failure or success. It’s a rehash rather than a refresh, which is bang in line with PA’s failure to find anything close to a reputable buyer or investor. Pockets bulging now with a second EPL/Sky instalment, he ought to spend AND reduce his asking price. Will probably do neither, & what decent manager would want to join now without a major budget, other than Wilder?

Even if PA didn't want to spend on the squad. He should at least spend on infrastructure such as really pushing hard for the Academy upgrade. Which to be fair Bettis said we are on with.

Maintain our EPL status 🤣 bit late for that

I think so too, he likes to play pressing football demanding the most out of players plus a conveyor belt of academy kids each season that have promise which he had at Southampton. Downside maybe the facilities that put him off and depending if there is any other competition for his signature, wages may become a sticking point depending on what he wants to achieve. When he took over Southampton they were in the relegation zone got them to 16th (enough!) Although they did take a 9-0 smashing at home to Leicester still managed to finish 11th again after being in the relegation zone for quite a while. They got smashed 9-0 by Man United the following season and in the same season (2021) still finished 15th. Even when they sacked him last year they had 12 points after 14 games but that year still in the relegation zone, obviously went down.

Just for context (and I wasn't in the sack Hecky camp) for Hecky to match Southampton's record of 12 points after 14 games that in the next 5 games we would need 11 points. 3 wins and 2 draws!

For reference below were their 1st 14 games that Hassenhuttl got the sack for
Aug 6 Tottenham (a) - Lost
Aug 13 Leeds United (h) - Drew
Aug 20 Leicester City (a) - Won

Aug 27 Manchester United (h) - Lost
Aug 31 Chelsea (h) - Won
Sep 3 Wolverhampton Wanderers (a) - Lost
Sep 10 Brentford (h) - Lost
Sep 17 Aston Villa (a) - Lost
Oct 1 Everton (h) - Lost
Oct 8 Manchester City (a) - Lost
Oct 15 West Ham United (h) - Drew
Oct 18 AFC Bournemouth (a) - Won
Oct 22 Arsenal (h) - Drew

Oct 29 Crystal Palace (a) - Lost
Not being funny but that's not exactly a hard run of games. Not surprised he got sacked.
Why would anyone think he could turn us around.

I’ve read a lot of posts on here & talked with a lot of mates about Wilder & to be honest having firmly been in the Hecky camp …… I’m changing my mind. I just feel that although he has been dealt a crap hand following the sales of Berge & Ndiaye, the injuries and defeats week after week are now affecting his mentality. He has done a cracking job, but his body language tells me he’s feeling the pressure now & I don’t think he knows how to lift himself or the players out of this.

So, my head is now that we should try & see if we can keep Hecky to oversee U23/U21/U18 and bring back Wilder to see if he can lift things again. He must feel he’s got unfinished business having got derailed due to Covid 4 years ago. I can’t see him keeping us up with the squad we have, but I can see us going passed Derby’s points total comfortably.

Unfinished business he legged it out the back door when the going got tough and thought of one thing only him self.

Even if PA didn't want to spend on the squad. He should at least spend on infrastructure such as really pushing hard for the Academy upgrade. Which to be fair Bettis said we are on with.
I heard that the hotel is getting close to a refurb deal too? I wonder if McBurnie will fetch us enough to cover that in January, or if he’ll just sign a pre contract with Rangers & run his contract down. I get that infrastructure needs investment, to protect & increase value of academy assets, hotel income would also be useful but these are long term investments, & don’t seem to add up with the notion of a ‘for sale’ sign on the door.

Hecky deserves the season at least, Happy about him going? No, agree with it? No understanding? Sort of.
It's all a bit of the prince trying to shift the blame, had he guided us well in pre season like a competent owner, we likely wouldn't be in this mess, but we are so someone has to carry the can, and it's not going to be ego maniac princey boy.

Now the replacement, someone like Carrick or rosenior would be long term forward thinking, likely involving us getting relegated but having an upcoming manager with flexibility and technical nous.
But the prince isn't that clever, he buys into the thought of wilder pre -covid , and the record clearly shows he is no longer that manager. He had good squads with Boro and Watford, and left them both worse off than when he joined them. Wilders ego writes cheques his managerial ability can no longer cash.
We will never move forward with the prince in charge, he's not a good owner, he is not rich enough to buy success or have the football knowledge to plan his way to it, he's not shown anything that would resemble long term planning.

I suspect Carrick/McKenna types aren't really an option. Nobody with a good job is coming here to work for an owner that is publicly saying he wants out, to manage a team that's very likely to be getting relegated.

If they sack Hecky, the replacement is going to be somebody out of work and relatively cheap. So it's not likely to be Wilder or Carrick. It's probably Wilder or Dean Smith, Wilder or Nathan Jones etc.

If CW is coming back I wonder if he will walk in the front door or slither in the back door like he left ?

It’s a disaster now. May as well roll the dice.
Having Wilder return is not rolling the dice or flipping a coin it is simply throwing bad after good.
Nonsensical idea.
He couldn’t hack it last time with far less pressure and scrutiny.
Since he walked out with dragging his huge payoff behind him he has been underwhelming unimpressive at Middlesborough and Watford.
He not going to improve his record or us.
Bloody stupid.

Having Wilder return is not rolling the dice or flipping a coin it is simply throwing bad after good.
Nonsensical idea.
He couldn’t hack it last time with far less pressure and scrutiny.
Since he walked out with dragging his huge payoff behind him he has been underwhelming unimpressive at Middlesborough and Watford.
He not going to improve his record or us.
Bloody stupid.
Chill. I meant roll the dice on replacing Hecky.

Back
Top Bottom