If Warnock wasn’t sacked...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Where do you think we would be now if Warnock hadn’t been sacked following our relegation?

Warnock has a terrific record in the Championship and has achieved at numerous clubs since leaving us. Do you think he would have got us promoted again the season we went down? What would we have achieved over the last 10 years under his helm?

I suspect we would be a lower Premier League club right now if he hadn’t been sacked, but we would be playing some pretty agricultural football.

Answers on a postcard.

I suspect we'd have gone up again if Warnock had been in charge those first couple of seasons when we were loaded. However, I have no doubt he'd have been sacked at some point while we were in the Prem. We could conceivably be in a worse position than today, having spent beyond our means in an unsuccessful bid to stay in the Prem. We could be in a position like Sunderland are today.

Best guess, with current ownership ?

Lower Lg 1, with a hopelessly divided fanbase, crowds of around 12,000, and a British half-owner so resentful of a manager he’d failed to shift that he gave up bailing us out 10 years ago and pissed off permanently to Belgium, leaving us with Wednesday sized debts getting worse each year (much of which are directly feeding Warnock’s “new contract” and Botox rider).

Ground like a library. No bugger interested in moving to BLUT.

Sean Bean still in jail for attempted murder.

Happy days :)

Last edited:
Where do you think we would be now if Warnock hadn’t been sacked following our relegation?

Warnock has a terrific record in the Championship and has achieved at numerous clubs since leaving us. Do you think he would have got us promoted again the season we went down? What would we have achieved over the last 10 years under his helm?

I suspect we would be a lower Premier League club right now if he hadn’t been sacked, but we would be playing some pretty agricultural football.

Answers on a postcard.

Genuine answer : think he would have got us back up but we would have got relegated again and 10 years later we'd be more or less where we are now, apart from maybe we wouldn't have spent 6 seasons in League One... maybe.

Maybe this could be the start of a new feature : What if??????

1. John Nicholson hadn't died when we were at our most successful
2. We'd have stopped playing cricket at the Lane a lot sooner
3. We'd not built the South Stand
4. We'd appointed Brian Clough when we had the opportunity
5. We'd signed Diego Maradona
6. We'd not appointed Harry Haslam
7. We'd not sold TC, Mick Jones, Birchenall, Willie Carlin, Brian Deane and Jimmy Dunne
8. Martin Peters had picked Tony Kenworthy to play for the Walsall game

There's probably about 100 others!

Top of the PL, 10 points clear and going for our 8th consecutive title, FA Cup semi finalists for the 6th consecutive year, looking to regain the trophy we lost last year in that thriller against City and CL quarter finalists again, hoping to retain our title for the 5th year running.

The league cup defeat at Chesterfield back in December a distant memory.............

Well you did ask;)

If Warnock was still here we’d be roughly in the same position now but with another 5 strikers, most not good enough to lace Sammons’ boots or carry Hammonds bag in. :)

Genuine answer : think he would have got us back up but we would have got relegated again and 10 years later we'd be more or less where we are now, apart from maybe we wouldn't have spent 6 seasons in League One... maybe.

Maybe this could be the start of a new feature : What if??????

1. John Nicholson hadn't died when we were at our most successful
2. We'd have stopped playing cricket at the Lane a lot sooner
3. We'd not built the South Stand
4. We'd appointed Brian Clough when we had the opportunity
5. We'd signed Diego Maradona
6. We'd not appointed Harry Haslam
7. We'd not sold TC, Mick Jones, Birchenall, Willie Carlin, Brian Deane and Jimmy Dunne
8. Martin Peters had picked Tony Kenworthy to play for the Walsall game

There's probably about 100 others!

What if, on the day I was introduced to the Lane my dad had said 'Do you fancy going fishing son?'

Champions-League-trophy-619647.jpg

Warnock is a big nosed cunt who touted himself to Portsmouth. He should be deleted from SUFC history.

I bet it was Warnock who told Jagielka to purposely handball it against Wigan as well.

People forget just how poisonous and divided the crowd had become during his tenure.

Him staying became pretty untenable, the massive mistake was appointing the buffoon we appointed.

Look at clubs that have come down and retained thier manager, Charlton with Curbishley, Burnley with Dyche being examples. It seems to be a good model. In an ideal world we should have stuck with Warnock. Sadly the Blades world is far from ideal!

People forget just how poisonous and divided the crowd had become during his tenure.

Had it? I think there was a general sense of feeling that people wanted Warnock to stay on (that was my feeling at least). I appreciate that the football wasn’t always great but I’m pretty confident that if you asked most fans they would reflect positively on Warnock.

If he hadn't been sacked,resigned,not renewed his contract etc, some other club would have snapped Bryan Robson up.

Shuddawuddacudda.

Or 'Wotifsanmaybees', if one prefers.

Back
Top Bottom