If the PL season ends prematurely we have to take legal action

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Couldn’t agree more, there’s passion and there’s plain silly. I’d love to see the other teams agree, ‘oh yes, let them play the game in hand, it’s just so important’. No Watford, you’re not playing you’re winnable games!’
It's not the end of life as we know it,its a terrible situation with all these people dying! but it will get better and this season will be concluded whenever.
As after every bereavement life goes on it's the way of the world .Not making light of it it's a terribly sad time for everyone as I think by the time things get better we all will know someone who has lost there life during this terrible time.

Play the Villa v Blades and City v Arsenal games behind closed doors with a mandatory fine of £10,000 for any idiot 'fans' who turn up. After these games have been completed, each PL team will have played 29 games - it's a big enough sample size as over 76% of the season will have been played and every team will have played each other at least once.

Scrap the FA Cup and worry about the 2020-21 season when we have to.

Play the Villa v Blades and City v Arsenal games behind closed doors with a mandatory fine of £10,000 for any idiot 'fans' who turn up. After these games have been completed, each PL team will have played 29 games - it's a big enough sample size as over 76% of the season will have been played and every team will have played each other at least once.

Scrap the FA Cup and worry about the 2020-21 season when we have to.
But some teams have played more of the top teams twice, and not had the privilege of playing Norwich twice. Sadly, the season has to be voided or all games played, there’s no halfway house.

All talk of this season being 'voided' is the worst-possible scenario (unless you're Karen Brady). Already, TV companies are wanting a 'cashback' as their initially-agreed contracts wouldn't have been fulfilled (with potentially-damaging outcomes for PL teams). What about season ticket holders? People who've attended but find it was all for nothing? Ditto those who travelled to away games?

Fans will turn up at grounds and it could put unnecessary strain on the NHS.

Can't even keep in when there is no match, on a match day all the Ant and Dec fans and I'm a twat get me out of here fabs will be down the ground.

Shortage of ventilators but surprisingly plenty of oxygen for this thread. Self isolate people :)

Average points per home games add to average points per away games seems a fair way to complete the season but I suspect the clubs/TV will want matches played for their revenue streams.

Average points per home games add to average points per away games seems a fair way to complete the season but I suspect the clubs/TV will want matches played for their revenue streams.
Isn’t that what the current league table would show?

Isn’t that what the current league table would show?
No because not all teams have played the same amount of games and most teams will have played an unequal number of home and away games.

The only winners would be the lawyers and solicitors.woul probably bankcrupt football .season got to be played out whenever this may be .too many problems if not

There is no way the season won’t be completed! It will finish behind closed doors as soon as possible.

We’re taking about Premier League clubs missing out on a total of up £900m if the season isn’t completed.

Rather we just forget this season and live for the next
There's too much money riding on finishing the season for it to be scrapped.
Maybe held behind closed doors sometime in June& July.The lockdown will be over by then but some restrictions will still be there.
The world economy will be broken if some restrictions are not revoked by high summer.Not only that ! anxiety and stress would reach unbearable levels in the community it would be counter productive to stay in a kind of lockdown months from now.

Back
Top Bottom