If the PL season ends prematurely we have to take legal action

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There'll be loads of teams who could cite similar 'Must play' games.

None with as a compelling a case than us. They've all played the same number of games. We haven't.

The Belgian League has just concluded.

None with as a compelling a case than us. They've all played the same number of games. We haven't.

The Belgian League has just concluded.
Except Arsenal and City. Arsenal can leapfrog us.

Ps testing players for covid is a false hope.
It tests for antibodies. So you can have it and be infectious and show ok. You can have had it and be clear, but test positive.

Except Arsenal and City. Arsenal can leapfrog us.

Ps testing players for covid is a false hope.
It tests for antibodies. So you can have it and be infectious and show ok. You can have had it and be clear, but test positive.
PESTON ?

If they take it as 28 games we all have played we finish 5th above man Utd and West ham drop below villa into 20th. So it's not only logical but representative of this season. The first few league titles were based on 26 or 28 games so there's precedent

I saw the assistant chief medical officer explaining that last night on Peston. Thought maybe you'd seen it also.
Yes, medical officer shut Peston up big time.
There's only so much journalists can talk about, and they've latched on to testing as a scandal. The Medical Officer said, yes it's important, but fuck off and let people who know what they are doing set priorities. Or words to that effect :)

Belgian League cancelled. Club Brugge champions. Hopefully this doesn't set a precedent. I believe that they only had one game left before the league went in to playoffs.

Yes, medical officer shut Peston up big time.
There's only so much journalists can talk about, and they've latched on to testing as a scandal. The Medical Officer said, yes it's important, but fuck off and let people who know what they are doing set priorities. Or words to that effect :)
Whenever I see/hear him (Preston) I just want to shout "get on with it (you cunt)"!
I've rarely ever heard someone take so fucking long to ask a question!

I think it is highly unlikely that football, played with fans present, will resume before a vaccine has been developed and administered to all those who have no antibodies to Covid 19. I would not expect this to be before late Autumn at the earliest.

If this is the case then complete the present season (league and cup competitions) and abandon the 20/21 league season.

Then in the new year play home and away matches in groups for the League Cup; and home and away matches with replays in the FA Cup, with a group based supplementary competition for the clubs knocked out in the early rounds.

This would provide sufficient matches until the end of April/beginning of May prior to the 2020 European Championships postponed from this year.

Not going to happen until at least the autumn. Belgians have decided the final league positions are final and ended the season.

The stadiums wouldn't be up to Premier League standard.
imo the best solution would be to stage behind closed door games at st georges park once lockdown has loosened off

FA training ground, regulation pitches, completely neutral with no fan access, stream on facebook/bbc/sky/bt for free.

Hire private security firms for the perimeter, £5000 fines for anyone attending to support.

St georges is very private anyway as it is used for england training, no chance for fans to get anywhere close to the action

Bigger fish to fry for the country than organising football games atm, but when we see an improvement and more control over the situ, and we get our freedom of movement back, maybe we can have the opportunity to see football come back.

Not sure why it is still up for debate as this season will be finished no ifs or buts, as agreed by all 20 PL clubs in their conference... despite what HK and pundits say...

Last edited:
Sorry to harp on about this.

The point about thousands of people dying around us, right now, versus the concerns of this OP, is one thing. The likelihood of this crisis leading to a global depression, with the loss of millions of jobs in this country alone, is another. It may take a decade or more for us to recover from this, with all manner of deprivation in the interim.

In this context ... we have a thread recommending legal action because a supporter of a football club might be disappointed with how the season pans out.

For fucks’ sake, get a grip. Or go write another thread complaining about Charlie Webster, or Ched Evans, or something.
Couldn’t agree more, there’s passion and there’s plain silly. I’d love to see the other teams agree, ‘oh yes, let them play the game in hand, it’s just so important’. No Watford, you’re not playing you’re winnable games!’

Couldn’t agree more, there’s passion and there’s plain silly. I’d love to see the other teams agree, ‘oh yes, let them play the game in hand, it’s just so important’. No Watford, you’re not playing you’re winnable games!’

Ok fair enough should have stated all games in hand...

Well it's gone to the Falkland Isles sadly :(

Back
Top Bottom