If the PL season ends prematurely we have to take legal action

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If you want to post about COVID-19 use the other forum. This is a football forum. Read post 3 on this thread.

Get a grip yourself.

Playing football is a key component of the country's country, which pays for ventilators through taxation, boosts mental and physical health and the nation's morale.

I’m posting in response to your OP. Though I appreciate that your assumption that football operates in a vaccuum, outside of and apart from the real world, means that you are unable to grasp the very simple points I’m making.

Football pays for ventilators?

😂

I’m posting in response to your OP. Though I appreciate that your assumption that football operates in a vaccuum, outside of and apart from the real world, means that you are unable to grasp the point I’m making.

Football pays for ventilators?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Yes let me give you an economic lesson. People across the world pay for football, and it provides jobs. The government taxes the money that football makes. The government takes that money and gives it to the NHS. The NHS uses the money to buy the ventilators. The ventilators are used to save people's lives for COVID-19.

I'm not saying that football should re-open fully but I do think with some creativity from people much smarter than me there's a way, if there's a will.

It's not unreasonable to ask that the Villa match gets played before next season, if this season is declared over.

Just carry the current seasons standings into next season.

Villa will be just as keen to play the outstanding game, it could keep them up.

Yes let me give you an economic lesson. People across the world pay for football, and it provides jobs. The government taxes the money that football makes. The government takes that money and gives it to the NHS. The NHS uses the money to buy the ventilators. The ventilators are used to save people's lives for COVID-19.

Jesus Christ almighty.

I'm not saying that football should re-open fully but I do think with some creativity from people much smarter than me there's a way, if there's a will.

It's not unreasonable to ask that the Villa match gets played before next season, if this season is declared over.
It's just a daft idea with little real-life importance attached to it.
The season will either be played to a close in some way and next season start delayed as necessary, or it will be scrapped.
There'll be no special exemptions/arrangements made for any club whatever is eventually decided.

This season has to be finished,no ifs or buts. Even if we have to scrap the 20/21 season & finish the last few games towards the end of this year.
I dont think it will be that long until its all sorted anyway.

It's just a daft idea with little real-life importance attached to it.
The season will either be played to a close in some way and next season start delayed as necessary, or it will be scrapped.
There'll be no special exemptions/arrangements made for any club whatever is eventually decided.

Sadly I think you're right about no special exemption will happen.

But I think there should when it comes to us, that the Villa game should be played.

No, we don't. Thousands of people across the world are dying. Some things are bigger than football. If the season is voided, let's be decent about it and accept it, like every other club will have to.

It's shit, and it hurts, but let's not be the one club that tries to profit from it. We're better than that :(

We wouldn’t profit from it, if anything all clubs are going to take a massive hit in revenue if the season isn’t completed.

It’s easy to say “we’re better than that” but what if we signed Sander Berge by budgeting to finish in the top half as a minimum and the prize money that brings? What if the Premier League has to return £700m+ in tv money?

What do we do? Sell a loads of players to cover the shortfall in revenue? Unlikely, most clubs will be skint. Ask Genk to defer payments? They’ll be skint as well.

Premier League football is awash with money, but if it’s not being played and the money isn’t there, there are going to be problems for a majority of the clubs involved.

The other big problem is that it takes too many people to put on a football match.

Even if it was behind closed doors there'd still be hundreds of people in the stadium.
OK, 22 players, six subs, that's 28.

Two managers, two assistants, two physios and a couple of other backroom staff, that's 38. Maybe a couple of club officials ro actually open the gates and the dressing rooms. Maybe three or four TV technicians.

Commentators don't need to be there. Neither do camera operators these days. Groundsman doesn't need to be there. Who else would physically need to be there?

OK, 22 players, six subs, that's 28.

Two managers, two assistants, two physios and a couple of other backroom staff, that's 38. Maybe a couple of club officials ro actually open the gates and the dressing rooms. Maybe three or four TV technicians.

Commentators don't need to be there. Neither do camera operators these days. Groundsman doesn't need to be there. Who else would physically need to be there?

The Premier League is the biggest league in world football, there are certain standards that have to be met. That's why it took all of last summer to get Bramall Lane up to scratch to host matches.

They're not just going to have two teams turn up with a referee and one bloke with a camera.

It's a much bigger operation than that.

No chance will they end the season early and leave it as it currently lies. Probably why we didn’t vote the screw City tbh wanting a favour in return when it comes to voting on solutions

The Premier League is the biggest league in world football, there are certain standards that have to be met. That's why it took all of last summer to get Bramall Lane up to scratch to host matches.

They're not just going to have two teams turn up with a referee and one bloke with a camera.

It's a much bigger operation than that.
Of course it is. But how many would need to be physically present in the stadium and not doing their jobs remotely? Can you explain why "hundreds" need to be there?

It’s a personal opinion, and it may not play well on this thread, but currently I know vulnerable people who have the virus and might die, and every time I go out for milk, bread or cat food, I’m scared. It would be “so Utd”, etc, if the season didn’t play out ... but right now I really don’t give a shit. Sorry.

#smallblademe
At last someone with a bit of perspective.

If you want to post about COVID-19 use the other forum. This is a football forum. Read post 3 on this thread. If Liverpool are denied the title it's unfair. If we are denied European football that's unfair. COVID-19 doesn't make that decision, the PL does. I want them to make the right decision, and if they don't I don't want see us punished again.

Get a grip yourself.

Playing football is a key component of the country's country, which pays for ventilators which literally keep people alive through taxation, boosts mental and physical health and the nation's morale.
If you want to post about how this season ends (or doesn’t) why not just add to one of the existing threads?

Of course it is. But how many would need to be physically present in the stadium and not doing their jobs remotely? Can you explain why "hundreds" need to be there?

When matches are held behind closed doors there's always hundreds of people there who aren't fans.

I've no idea how many of them 'need' to be there but I'm guessing it's still quite a few.

Pretty sure if they end the season in a way that's controversial for us there are going to be teams far more adversely affected. Also a fair chance that if the season can't be played out that there's not going to be a Champions League next season.

I think maybe we should wait to see what the hell comes of all this before saying we "have to take legal action".

Let's not forget EVERYONE is involved in this, quite literally, but I quite liked the rumoured prediction computer system, which gave us 7th.

Next season couldn't properly start on time anyway as things stand.

Not completing this season and starting next behind closed doors in August would be farcical.

There's no remotely fair way not to finish the season.

This season is more than three quarters through. Next season hasn't started.

Finishing this season has more credibility than starting next as it stands.

You either upset many teams or you fudge it for the likes of Liverpool and Leeds and shaft many others.

Finishing has to be the way to go.

I'd rather finish the season and us end up mid table and Leeds romp the title, than some farcical voided scenario.

Playing football is a key component of the country's country, which pays for ventilators which literally keep people alive through taxation, boosts mental and physical health and the nation's morale.
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
sJz799uFb32es.gif

The Falkland Islands are 8,000 miles away in the South Atlantic. and have a population of 2,800. The football ground there is like a park pitch. The idea of finishing the season there is ludicrous. Any venue that involves plane travel and passing through airports doesn't seem logical.

The games can be played in the British Isles. But if they are going to be behind closed doors there is no need to play them at a big inner city stadium like Villa Park or the Ethiad. There are plenty of suitable stadiums in less densely populated areas. Brighton's Amex, or MK Dons for example, are on the outskirts of town. Or the Madjeski. Quite a few to choose from. Anywhere with a suitable pitch and facilities would work.

At last someone with a bit of perspective.

So why are people viewing and posting on a forum about UTD, and clicking on a post about UTD? I've already acknowledged that there are wider things going on in post three, it's almost like there is an Olympics going on for who can say that they don't care the most about anything other than this horrible illness.

Last edited:
here is no need to play them at a big inner city stadium like Villa Park or the Ethiad. There are plenty of suitable stadiums in less densely populated areas. Brighton's Amex, or MK Dons for example, are on the outskirts of town. Or the Madjeski. Quite a few to choose from. Anywhere with a suitable pitch and facilities would work.

Fair enough it was a bit tongue in cheek, but trying to think of the most remotest most difficult stadium to get to that would reach standards. So it would be virtually impossible for fans to make it there. Madjeski is an excellent shout 😂 , especially as I live round the corner from there!

Without delving into any of the legal implications regarding the CL and EL, I think it’s quite a likely scenario that they remove qualifying rounds next season or dramatically reduce them to fit the games in. If this was the case we probably wouldn’t qualify anyway. Long story short, it’s probably not worth worrying about never mind launching a legal challenge just yet.

If they don’t finish the season it will be voided, the longer the outbreak continues the more likely voiding is looking.

They might still award Liverpool the title just to avoid the the 20 year moanathon from the Liverpool fans, that will kick off endless arguments between Pool fans and others on social media as to whether it’s a genuine title or not.

Be genuinely gutting for us if all the hard work this season is for nought... sods law and the Baldes way will mean the replayed season results in us getting relegated.

Not being funny, but could the games just take place on the Isle of Man or something? Hell, even send them all to the Falklands if there's a pitch there.
You ever tried turfing a load of penguins off a footy pitch in the falklands......no chance....forget being kidney punched......

Back
Top Bottom