If season does restart behind closed doors

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

djbaldken

Reaction score
Dont know if the powers that be have thought this particular senario through.

Normally every match on the last day all kick off at the same time to avoid any possible manipulation of fielding weaker sides or teams coluding to get the right results etc.
As I understand it, matches behind closed doors are to be played at neutral venues on different days.
The main issue this season looks like it will be the relegation places.
So how will they work this out so that the bottom six sides all kick off simultaniously?

I do understand that in all probability West ham will be given special dispensation to kick off two hours after anyone else as well as bring in loans from Liverpool, Man City and Barcelona.

As i understand it not that many. Wembly may be one. One further south. One in North. One in Midlands. But dont quote me on this I may be wildly out.

Who says they have to broadcast games live? Take phones etc off everyone involved in games that could go to the last day for relegation and Europe etc

There. Sorted any issue.

Does anyone know if and how these matches will be screened. Not got Sky, BT Sport or a computer only my out dated phone and a TV that's not smart or even clever. No pubs to go to see them in. Possibly BBC ? .

There are bound to be a few dead rubber matches in the last round of fixtures which can take place on a different day. So they won't need 10 stadiums available at the same time.

Does anyone know if and how these matches will be screened. Not got Sky, BT Sport or a computer only my out dated phone and a TV that's not smart or even clever. No pubs to go to see them in. Possibly BBC ? .
If only there was an app that you could run off, say, a firestick or something that allowed you to access thousands of TV channels and movies etc.
That would be good. You could call it PITV or summat🤔

If they have a low rate of virus that might not be as silly as it sounds

I did that thing where I was half-joking and then halfway through thought actually. one of the problems of bringing the game back is fans congregating would get rid of that, even neutral grounds in the UK would see fans gather I think. maybe wrong mind

Take PL to Qatar to finish it, lets try out these new Air conditioned stadiums, no chance of any crowds gathering and their must be plenty of training grounds for all the teams
Qatar are currently only letting Qatari nationals into the country, then they have to go into Quarantine for 2 weeks I believe. Can't see them welcoming the mass of players, managers, officials etc

If it is to be a neutral venues Lane should be used , for VAR skills alone .
I don’t really get the point of neautral venues. The biggest reason given I’ve seen is because they fear crowds gathering outside stadiums but I just don’t see that happening. Why would we for instance make our way to Bramall Lane? We wouldn’t see anything. I’ll be at home watching the match on telly.

i know they say it’s to stop such as Liverpool and Leeds fans gathering to celebrate but I’m not convinced that would happen. And if it did it would be 3 or 4 clubs, Liverpool, Leeds and West Brom.

Just put adequate policing place. Stop them making their ways to the ground. It’d be a few hundred at most and it’s not as if they haven’t already been out turning people back from where they’ve come from.

Normally every match on the last day all kick off at the same time to avoid any possible manipulation of fielding weaker sides or teams coluding to get the right results etc.
As I understand it, matches behind closed doors are to be played at neutral venues on different days.
So how will they work this out so that the bottom six sides all kick off simultaniously?

I do understand that in all probability West ham will be given special dispensation to kick off two hours after anyone else as well as bring in loans from Liverpool, Man City and Barcelona.

Or do a deal with Rice going to Manchester United for a couple of million.

It's a difficult one but as someone else has pointed out, we'll only know how big that problem is in 8 games time.

it might need 3 venues to organise it but I'd guess that would be the plan. Teams might just have to put up with it like in the old days

I don’t really get the point of neautral venues. The biggest reason given I’ve seen is because they fear crowds gathering outside stadiums but I just don’t see that happening. Why would we for instance make our way to Bramall Lane? We wouldn’t see anything. I’ll be at home watching the match on telly.

i know they say it’s to stop such as Liverpool and Leeds fans gathering to celebrate but I’m not convinced that would happen. And if it did it would be 3 or 4 clubs, Liverpool, Leeds and West Brom.

Just put adequate policing place. Stop them making their ways to the ground. It’d be a few hundred at most and it’s not as if they haven’t already been out turning people back from where they’ve come from.
i'd not be there. Even if we got a CL place. I'd be at home celebrating with family (all blades). love the celebrations at BL and even on London road but not this year

We should be ok this season as Everton and Wimbledon wont be playing each other. I still hate you Hans Segers, you fuckin cheat.

We should be ok this season as Everton and Wimbledon wont be playing each other. I still hate you Hans Segers, you fuckin cheat.

If Fashs 2nd blatant/deliberate handball would have been seen by a semi blind ref the bent Segers game would have been irrelevant.

They should still go ahead and play the games at the respective games, but if there are any more than 2 Liverpool or Leeds fans congregating within 500 yards of their grounds they should be deducted 50 points

They should still go ahead and play the games at the respective games, but if there are any more than 2 Liverpool or Leeds fans congregating within 500 yards of their grounds they should be deducted 50 points
You'd get plenty of Man U fans willing to wear a Liverpool shirt for a couple of hours, and take the fine if they could get them a points deduction in the process

You'd get plenty of Man U fans willing to wear a Liverpool shirt for a couple of hours, and take the fine if they could get them a points deduction in the process
In times like these, not wearing the correct uniform would require a firing squad .... that should keep em at home

Back
Top Bottom