I wouldn't value Egan for a penny less than £50 million

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'll be controversial and make myself unpopular, but I thought Sharp was the only one last night who looked a little below the standard required shall we say.
He was smart but that’s it.

Then again that’s not Billy’s type of game when it’s backs to the wall like that and frantic. Yes he’ll win smart free kicks and such but generally speaking he wasn’t great last night from what I saw. Made the wrong decision too often.
Mind you I’d still say after recent events he should be next in line for a start, he deserves it. One swallow a summer does not make.

I'll be controversial and make myself unpopular, but I thought Sharp was the only one last night who looked a little below the standard required shall we say.

All about opinions but I thought he did quite well and set up Baldock(?) with a lovely chance.

You could see that the Arsenal defenders didn't like his combative style although he got nothing from Mike Dean.

I thought with the type of game it became in the second half, it was very much not his type of game and I thought he played really well, closed and pressed and did what he could to relief the pressure.

I also though the Tramp (McBurnie) was a handful for them when he came on and they did not like playing against him and his physical style.

He was smart but that’s it.

Then again that’s not Billy’s type of game when it’s backs to the wall like that and frantic. Yes he’ll win smart free kicks and such but generally speaking he wasn’t great last night from what I saw. Made the wrong decision too often.
Mind you I’d still say after recent events he should be next in line for a start, he deserves it. One swallow a summer does not make.
Think he's looked good so far this season but was well off the pace last night

I thought with the type of game it became in the second half, it was very much not his type of game and I thought he played really well, closed and pressed and did what he could to relief the pressure.

I also though the Tramp (McBurnie) was a handful for them when he came on and they did not like playing against him and his physical style.

I agree it didn't become his ideal scenario and I must point out I was talking purely about last night and not in general.

Just thought he looked a bit like the 15 year old playing under 18s. Worked hard as he always does but looked slower and not as strong, and made bad choices a few times.

Compared to Watford where I felt he made a difference.

❤❤❤❤❤

One of the best defenders in the PL this season. If I was Guardiola I'd look to sign him. Fortunately (and unfairly) he's not a big name so we should be ok for this season.

Outstanding.
Absolutely mate,hard to pick a m.o.m but he edged it for me. How consistent is he. Eddie Colquhoun esque😉

Talking of overlapping centre forwards again just watched the highlights and which United player was closer to the goal line when Mousset scored ? Answer: Egan.

Talking of overlapping centre forwards again just watched the highlights and which United player was closer to the goal line when Mousset scored ? Answer: Egan.
And he was offside. Luckily he didn’t have to get involved this time but we don’t need that Southampton feeling again. However, I do enjoy his eagerness all the same and feel he is due a goal soon.

I agree it didn't become his ideal scenario and I must point out I was talking purely about last night and not in general.

Just thought he looked a bit like the 15 year old playing under 18s. Worked hard as he always does but looked slower and not as strong, and made bad choices a few times.

Compared to Watford where I felt he made a difference.

No worries dude, looking back now I think you might have a point, but again last night we were under the cosh for most of sharp's shift so to speak

I can tell you for sure after watching tonight’s match that the Arsenal fans would kill to have our defence.
Was talking to a group of them after the game and that’s pretty much what they said.

“Needed defenders like you’ve got for the last thirteen fackin’ years” I think it went

Egan has overtaken JOC for me. Might be a hint of bias though.

I'm amazed Mick took so long to select Egan ahead of Keogh and only when Keogh got injured. I'd imagine that was meant with surprise in the Republic?

I'm amazed Mick took so long to select Egan ahead of Keogh and only when Keogh got injured. I'd imagine that was meant with surprise in the Republic?
Don’t think it has hit here just how good he is. Ain’t much championship football watched.

The back 5 deserve all the credit they get individually. But good coaching is behind a huge percentage of what they’re achieving.

It’s impossible to keep clean sheets if the defence aren’t working as one. Put Franco Baresi into Adkins’s back four and we still lose to Burton Albion.

I thought Egan was absolutely superb. A couple of very timely blocks/cutting out dangerous balls, excellent distribution, calm, organised, strong, looked to break the lines a couple of times. He’s great.

After the lesson they gave the southern softies last nite, they're all worth £50m!!

❤❤❤❤❤

One of the best defenders in the PL this season. If I was Guardiola I'd look to sign him. Fortunately (and unfairly) he's not a big name so we should be ok for this season.

Outstanding.

Better than any of Manchester City's central defenders at the moment. Easily.

The back 5 deserve all the credit they get individually. But good coaching is behind a huge percentage of what they’re achieving.

It’s impossible to keep clean sheets if the defence aren’t working as one. Put Franco Baresi into Adkins’s back four and we still lose to Burton Albion.
Totally agree....I really believe that if our defenders played at other PL clubs they wouldn’t be half as good.
Our 5 defenders have been regulars playing together for 2.5 years. They play as a total unit......and it’s this understanding that’s making them so effective.

❤❤❤❤❤

Outstanding.
Double that 50m. Harry went for 85m didn’t he? I’d want 80m plus right now for JOC or Egan. You have to make them unavailable because someone like City could come in and pay it. It’s not about the money but whether you can replace them at all.

If a bid came in for either Egan or joc, would any blade be angry if we accepted?? It would be a fair price imo, 50 m would do a lot for our team/club

If a bid came in for either Egan or joc, would any blade be angry if we accepted?? It would be a fair price imo, 50 m would do a lot for our team/club
50m for Egan yes, his ‘type’ of defender is easier to replace, not saying it would be cheap or easy at all but it’s possible

Selling O’Connell would destroy our system. For that alone he’s priceless, it would have to be something crazy to even consider it because left footed, agile, technically capable central defenders who can actually defend are like rocking horse shit.

Back
Top Bottom