I wouldn't value Egan for a penny less than £50 million

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I can tell you for sure after watching tonight’s match that the Arsenal fans would kill to have our defence.
Absolutely. I said before the game I wouldn't swap any of our lads for sokratis or Luiz, not seen anything to change that toneet.

There's something so satisfying about a Blades team playing expansive football, willing to throw players forward, and underpinning it with a real traditional stopper like Egan. It's the best of both worlds at the moment.

After 70 mins. of tonight's game I started to wonder whether I had ever seen a better performance by a Blades centre half since Joe Shaw , than that of John Egan tonight .

I couldn't think of a single one other than perhaps , Paul McGrath .

At the time of Maguire's imminent transfer to Man U , I posted that if the two of them were still at the Lane my pick would still be Egan , an observation which was ridiculed by some .

After tonight and in the light of recent performances by both players , maybe some of those people might like to reconsider .

After 70 mins. of tonight's game I started to wonder whether I had ever seen a better performance by a Blades centre half since Joe Shaw , than that of John Egan tonight .

I couldn't think of a single one other than perhaps , Paul McGrath .

At the time of Maguire's imminent transfer to Man U , I posted that if the two of them were still at the Lane my pick would still be Egan , an observation which was ridiculed by some .

After tonight and in the light of recent performances by both players , maybe some of those people might like to reconsider .
And excellent post.

Our defence is good because of the understanding they have of each other. They play as a unit, and know how to play their role.
O'connell though...he's a machine. Never less than an 8/10 performance.
that was the difference . Arsenals defence played like 4 decent defenders winging it.. they weren’t a unit

Baldock probably still not doing enough from an attacking standpoint to make an England squad. O'Connell is going to get called up very soon though.

I think we take how good he is for granted sometimes when we're doing our man of the match awards. He's so consistent that we just expect it. But if you watch our games with a non-Blade they usually pick him out straight away. He's got the lot.
I thought JOC was MOM tonight, and he's probably our best shout at an England call up. This sounds super bladey but and England back five of

Trent Alexander Arnold - K Walker - Maguire - JOC - Chilwell is the best I think England could put out

He's come a long way since we lost 3 0 away at Middlesborough last season.

Hats off to Egan, but hats off also to Wilder, Knill and the coaching staff, they've improved him and nearly everyone else in the squad.

Immense again.
My only worry would be some of the top 6 (including Leicester)coming in for JOC and Egan over the summer. I suppose Wilder would unearth another gem from the likes of Brentford again!

JOC is most likely to get a call up but just imagine the scenes if Basham were to pull on an England shirt.

If we are talking money ,David Luiz has commanded 106 million in transfer fees ,which is about 100 million 100 million pounds more than our back 5 have accumulated. I wouldn't swap that imminent disaster for any one of them.

Anyone still worried Bash isn’t up the Premier League?

I’m not.

thought JOC was MOM tonight, and he's probably our best shout at an England call up. This sounds super bladey but and England back five of

Trent Alexander Arnold - K Walker - Maguire - JOC - Chilwell is the best I think England could put out

That obviously wouldn't work in international football.

You clearly know-nowt about football as you've chosen defenders who can actually defend. Like make yer' tackles and yer' headers and yer' blocks.

Where are the media darling fancy dans like John Stones and Michael Keen?

Hates ?

Your choice of words to describe something I have never said reveals much !!!!!

UTB

I'll be controversial and make myself unpopular, but I thought Sharp was the only one last night who looked a little below the standard required shall we say.

Back
Top Bottom