I fear the worst

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bricktop

Reaction score
I’m not writing us off yet, but we have failed to strengthen this summer, the board have failed to invest and it is stupid to expect Wilder to keep pulling out rabbits out of the hat.

The disharmony af the top is quite clearly filtering down and is undoing all the good work of the last season.

Even after two games I’m convinced this is going to be a long hard season of struggle and a fight against relegation .

What is annoying is that it could have been so much different.

Bottom line at the minute is under the boardroom we have, we are nothing more than a third tier club who have the occasional sortie in to the second tier, and that is what that they have turned us in to.

We've gone from being a Second Division side with occasional forays into the First to a Second Division side with occasional forays into the Third.

So the game has changed I suppose.

I’m not writing us off yet, but we have failed to strengthen this summer, the board have failed to invest and it is stupid to expect Wilder to keep pulling out rabbits out of the hat.

The disharmony af the top is quite clearly filtering down and is undoing all the good work of the last season.

Even after two games I’m convinced this is going to be a long hard season of struggle and a fight against relegation .

What is annoying is that it could have been so much different.

Bottom line at the minute is under the boardroom we have, we are nothing more than a third tier club who have the occasional sortie in to the second tier, and that is what that they have turned us in to.
How could it have been so much different?

I don't think Wilders budget would have been any different if the Prince and Kev were still bezzies.

The only way it could have been different is with a complete change of ownership and in that respect we're still waiting for the cavalry coming over the horizon.

How could it have been so much different?

I don't think Wilders budget would have been any different if the Prince and Kev were still bezzies.

The only way it could have been different is with a complete change of ownership and in that respect we're still waiting for the cavalry coming over the horizon.
If Reg hadn’t had the jute mill problem and sold out to Woolhouse and Hinchcliffe.

If Everton hadn’t foolishly gone back for Kendall for a third time.

If KM had appointed proper managers instead of a drunk and a chubby clown.

On the other hand, I bet there’s plenty of 60 year old Leeds and Forest fans who’d tell me to STFU.

We've gone from being a Second Division side with occasional forays into the First to a Second Division side with occasional forays into the Third.

So the game has changed I suppose.

Meanwhile tiny clubs like Bournemouth, Swansea and Brighton have gone from being fourth tier fodder to Premier League stalwarts.

I'm worried, we really need a pacey striker, a creative midfielder and a left back. Doesn't look like anything permanent will happen today.

Meanwhile tiny clubs like Bournemouth, Swansea and Brighton have gone from being fourth tier fodder to Premier League stalwarts.

I dont think Swansea are a PL stalwart didnt we play them last Saturday, as for Brighton this is their 2nd season in the PL hardly a stalwart

I dont think Swansea are a PL stalwart didnt we play them last Saturday, as for Brighton this is their 2nd season in the PL hardly a stalwart

I might have exaggerated slightly on Brighton but the point still stands.

And Swansea were in the Premier League for 7 consecutive seasons.

Disgraceful transfer window. We really are fkin tinpot. The current squad has relegation written all over it - particularly now Wilder has gone mental and doesn’t pick the few decent players we have.

It will always be the same while ever a large section of the support continue to lick King Kev's arse.

Look at all the clubs that have been sold to wealthy backers and have prospered in the time that 'The Biggest Blade' has been allegedly trying to sell up. McCabe is nothing but a parasite - keeping the club alive just enough to further his own needs and ambitions. Are you telling me that the likes of Bournemouth, Swansea, Brighton, Brentford etc are more appealing to investors than United? I wish McCabe would fuck off. Leave us on our knees if he has to, we'll find a way back and be better and stronger without him.

Looking down the list of Championship clubs, I can only pick out Bolton and Rotherham who are less ambitious than us. We are 2nd tier club, with Premiership support being ran by League One owners.

I don't trust The Prince but McCabe has been in charge for almost two decades and all that's happened in that time is one premier league season, three top 6 Championship finished and six seasons in League One. He might have the best intentions but our record since he's been in charge tells a story.

Mad how we ended up getting promoted at the end of this season, wasn't it?

Disclaimer: I know this was only after the first two games, and we're seven down now. And I'm not for a second saying we will be anywhere near as good as last year. But maybe this kind of thread gives some people a bit of perspective. And also - it didn't exactly take long to find. I'm sure there are plenty of others.

Mad how we ended up getting promoted at the end of this season, wasn't it?

Disclaimer: I know this was only after the first two games, and we're seven down now. And I'm not for a second saying we will be anywhere near as good as last year. But maybe this kind of thread gives some people a bit of perspective. And also - it didn't exactly take long to find. I'm sure there are plenty of others.
True - but CWAK knew what was wrong and changed the midfield round but specifically the spine of the team too.

He's doing this again, except it's a bit harder against some quality side who are also plying their trade this midweek in the Champions League.

100% confident we'll get out of this - we just need to stay calm and try and let CW get his mojo back a bit.

No better time really than an away game against Frank Lampards Chelsea ;)

UTB

PS: I wonder if some of the posters are a little bit red faced!

Back
Top Bottom