I am begining to believe

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I have not included the Ndiaye move in my optimistic view that we will survive. Since the Ndiaye move, I am even more optimistic because we have a bit of money, and a manager who is keen to invest in more quality. Every cloud and all that.

Just waking up here in Brisbane. The Tillman and Akpom news got me down a bit, but my mood was buoyed somewhat by reading the Palmer thread and opening the blinds to another shocking winter's day (26 degrees and bright sunshine).
Yeah but you can stick your humidity brisblade! 😂 😉

Been a glorious 18-20 winter week here in Melbourne so warmer than UK.

At the start of a party, I like to sit everyone down and go over everything that could go wrong during the evening, and consider collectively whether the potential for fun is worth the potential for disappointment, and if we might be all better going home for a good nights sleep.
Sounds like a hell of a night.

Presumably you come back on here afterwards and follow Captain Morgan's cheery and uplifting posts?

It will be interesting today to see if
Middlesbrough rest Akpom / Archer

Also if our first opponents Palace rest Olise / Eze

He was on the subs bench today and wasn't used.
However he's been injured over the Summer....so they won't be rushing him back just yet.

Archer isn't there he is back at Villa, Boro has him on loan. Would be an excellent loan signing for us, especially if we get Akpom. Those two seemed to have a good understanding of each other - Akpom scored 16 of his 28 league goals in 2023, after Archer joined.

I'd imagine Villa probably have plans to use Archer this season if he hasn't gone out on loan. Maybe a possibility in January if he's not getting game time?

Ok, its still early days but I think Hecky and Co are doing the very best of what seems to be a bad situation. We are signing players who seem to an upgrade in some areas and we are still looking. so dont be so downhearted! I like they way Hecky and the team do their homework and I am pleasantly surprise by some of the signings. The transfer window aint closed yet and i really look forward with some optimism now. Although i think I would like O'biren from the scabs. The reason I say that is I know a HTFC chap and he spoke really really highly of him of his time there. Anyway come on lads and lases UTB.
I, too, have been honking crack all night.

I usually like to keep my powder dry until the closure of the transfer window.

Whilst I've been pleased with the signings of the likes of Slimane and Traore, I'm struggling to remember being so apathetic to the start of a top flight season.

I usually like to keep my powder dry until the closure of the transfer window.

Whilst I've been pleased with the signings of the likes of Slimane and Traore, I'm struggling to remember being so apathetic to the start of a top flight season.
We're all in the same boat mate.only my opinion but it's looking a bit bleak at the minute hopefully it changes before Saturday 🙏

Let me bring you down to earth.

• Right now the fit strikers are Osula and Traore
  • Looks like reinforcements are coming, but not until deadline day.
  • New players will take some settling in time (2 weeks) , so we could be starting some version of this team through the Everton game. We won't win any of those games with this team:

Wes
Baldock, Anel, Egan, Trusty, Lowe
Berge, Slimane, Osborn
Osula, Traore

- After that the next 6 include Spurs, Newcastle, Man Utd, Arsenal and away trips to Fulham and West Ham. Not exactly a run of fixtures to settle in the new boys. There is EVERY chance we are 10 games into this season without a win.

- From the remaining 28 games, I think we'll need to get around 35 points, that is 1.25 pts per game which was mid-table form last season, and not much below the 19/20 season haul of 1.40 pts per game. If Hecky pulled that off, it would be an incredible feat.

- Wolves at home is the 11th game of the season - and the game I predict will be our first win. Its going to be such a huge game, if we don't win it I think the season spirals out of control and Roygbiv and Beans are reviewing classic games by the end of the season.
So when u say every chance we are 10 games without a win , what you actually mean is played 10 lost 10

He was on the subs bench today and wasn't used.
However he's been injured over the Summer....so they won't be rushing him back just yet.
Sounds like the type of player we would be after, gerin on and injury prone.

I really hope we get the players in to make us at least competitive. But at the moment we are miles off. This time last season, with the likes of Doyle and McAtee in the bag I was satisfied that we had replaced MGW. ATM, we are miles off and all the "aren't the Princes interviews great", "isn't el accounto refreshing" and what a good job "Sheff united way" are doing is all a bit hollow

I really hope we get the players in to make us at least competitive. But at the moment we are miles off. This time last season, with the likes of Doyle and McAtee in the bag I was satisfied that we had replaced MGW. ATM, we are miles off and all the "aren't the Princes interviews great", "isn't el accounto refreshing" and what a good job "Sheff united way" are doing is all a bit hollow
I understand what you are saying but we didn't really play either until February

Back
Top Bottom