I am begining to believe

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

VictoryBlade

BobbyJ
Reaction score
Ok, its still early days but I think Hecky and Co are doing the very best of what seems to be a bad situation. We are signing players who seem to an upgrade in some areas and we are still looking. so dont be so downhearted! I like they way Hecky and the team do their homework and I am pleasantly surprise by some of the signings. The transfer window aint closed yet and i really look forward with some optimism now. Although i think I would like O'biren from the scabs. The reason I say that is I know a HTFC chap and he spoke really really highly of him of his time there. Anyway come on lads and lases UTB.

Let me bring you down to earth.

• Right now the fit strikers are Osula and Traore
  • Looks like reinforcements are coming, but not until deadline day.
  • New players will take some settling in time (2 weeks) , so we could be starting some version of this team through the Everton game. We won't win any of those games with this team:

Wes
Baldock, Anel, Egan, Trusty, Lowe
Berge, Slimane, Osborn
Osula, Traore

- After that the next 6 include Spurs, Newcastle, Man Utd, Arsenal and away trips to Fulham and West Ham. Not exactly a run of fixtures to settle in the new boys. There is EVERY chance we are 10 games into this season without a win.

- From the remaining 28 games, I think we'll need to get around 35 points, that is 1.25 pts per game which was mid-table form last season, and not much below the 19/20 season haul of 1.40 pts per game. If Hecky pulled that off, it would be an incredible feat.

- Wolves at home is the 11th game of the season - and the game I predict will be our first win. Its going to be such a huge game, if we don't win it I think the season spirals out of control and Roygbiv and Beans are reviewing classic games by the end of the season.

• New players will take some settling in time (2 weeks) , so we could be starting some version of this team through the Everton game. We won't win any of those games with this team:

Wes
Berge, Slimane, Osborn
Osula, Traore

- After that the next 6 include Spurs, Newcastle, Man Utd, Arsenal and away trips to Fulham and West Ham. Not exactly a run of fixtures to settle in the new boys. There is EVERY chance we are 10 games into this season without a win.

- From the remaining 28 games, I think we'll need to get around 35 points, that is 1.25 pts per game which was mid-table form last season, and not much below the 19/20 season haul of 1.40 pts per game. If Hecky pulled that off, it would be an incredible feat.

- Wolves at home is the 11th game of the season - and the game I predict will be our first win. Its going to be such a huge game, if we don't win it I think the season spirals out of control and Roygbiv and Beans are reviewing classic games by the end of the season.
Please don't take that volunteer role at the Samaritans.

Wes
Berge, Slimane, Osborn
Osula, Traore

Bet youre fun at parties

Please don't take that volunteer role at the Samaritans.

It's being realistic though.
At the point we sold N'Diaye we were far weaker than last seasons Championship team, so thought relegation was guaranteed.
However I knew we still had at least 6 or 7 more players to buy, with most of them being possible 1st team starters.

Since the N'Diaye sale we've strengthened but still don't think we're good enough to stay up.
However we shouldn't judge the team just yet, we still have a few more signings lined up, some are relatively ambitious.
I'm pretty confident that by deadline day, we'll all be smiling because the squad will be far superior and stronger than last seasons promotion side.

I think back to last season how we beat Spurs in the cup and I expect that to be the blueprint.
Basically we sit back and park the bus and to be honest I think teams will find it really difficult to score against as at Bramall Lane.
My issue is that we've lost N'Diaye and McAtee, so lost all our creativity. At the moment I can't see us scoring many.
The new signings, yet to be made, will determine if we stay up or not.

Wes
Berge, Slimane, Osborn
Osula, Traore

It's gone beyond just being realistic now; 90% of Blades know what the score is, we don't need a new gloom and doom post every day to tell us we've had it before a ball is kicked. People who start them from here on in have earned whatever mocking they receive 10 fold. It's time to settle down and que cera.

Since the post it’s rumoured Akpom is signing a new deal at Boro and Tillman is off to PSG
Just waking up here in Brisbane. The Tillman and Akpom news got me down a bit, but my mood was buoyed somewhat by reading the Palmer thread and opening the blinds to another shocking winter's day (26 degrees and bright sunshine).

It's gone beyond just being realistic now; 90% of Blades know what the score is, we don't need a new gloom and doom post every day to tell us we've had it before a ball is kicked. People who start them from here on in have earned whatever mocking they receive 10 fold. It's time to settle down and que cera.

What people think of the squad now is pretty much irrelevant because we'll be playing most of the season with a few new players who haven't even joined the squad yet.
I'm quite confident this team isn't quite good enough (hopefully they'll suprise me)
BUT if we make the signings we're trying to make them I'm pretty confident we'll stay up.
If I was a betting man....I'd say we'd stay up....all depends on the proposed signings falling into place.

Just waking up here in Brisbane. The Tillman and Akpom news got me down a bit, but my mood was buoyed somewhat by reading the Palmer thread and opening the blinds to another shocking winter's day (26 degrees and bright sunshine).
Height of summer and tomorrow is 13° with heavy rain and strong winds forecast, couldn’t be much different to Auss. Unfortunately it’s similar to you re potential transfers

It's being realistic though.
At the point we sold N'Diaye we were far weaker than last seasons Championship team, so thought relegation was guaranteed.
However I knew we still had at least 6 or 7 more players to buy, with most of them being possible 1st team starters.

Since the N'Diaye sale we've strengthened but still don't think we're good enough to stay up.
However we shouldn't judge the team just yet, we still have a few more signings lined up, some are relatively ambitious.
I'm pretty confident that by deadline day, we'll all be smiling because the squad will be far superior and stronger than last seasons promotion side.

I think back to last season how we beat Spurs in the cup and I expect that to be the blueprint.
Basically we sit back and park the bus and to be honest I think teams will find it really difficult to score against as at Bramall Lane.
My issue is that we've lost N'Diaye and McAtee, so lost all our creativity. At the moment I can't see us scoring many.
The new signings, yet to be made, will determine if we stay up or not.
Yeah, look I get it. It was just nice to have one optimistic thread on here as a rare chink of sunlight in amongst the monotonous sea of premature despair. I'm glad to see you're not writing us off before we've kicked a ball like some on here. I'm just loving that we're back in the top flight and excited to see what lies ahead.

Tillman, Palmer and Akpom 👀
I’m not sure Palmer would be much of an upgrade these days, and he’s probably too busy with his disputes with various Sheffield golf clubs to want to join us.

Back
Top Bottom