I’m fucking sick of him

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Doubt Lunny is gonna play for us for free next season! :p
Hope not but no one has come in in 2 transfer windows. If he is asking for mega money then he might still be here, don't know what wages Rangers pay nowadays but it might be beyond them as well. He could well be here next season if he signs the deal offered by us.

agree with everything hes taken the piss all season and because we didnt cover the midfield area with new additions hes been picked but i hope he never plays for us again put one of the young lads in at least they will try but blame chris 100% for this

Watched Duff man on You Tube at the weekend tearing Wednesday a new arsehole. Ok, it may not have worked out in the Premier League but I’d have liked to have seen him have a go. Exciting player, why didn’t Wilder just give him a bollocking when he wanted more money?? I just get the impression that Wilder doesn’t like players that answer back e.g like a Carl Bradshaw type. Sometimes you’ve just got to see the bigger picture. You can’t have one rule for Mark Duffy then a different rule for John Lundstram.

Listen, that wasn’t great. But one man stands out most weeks, John fucking Lundstram.
Overrated by our manager, overrated by fans who don’t support us because of his few goals and FPL record, and seriously overrated by himself.

He’s fucking wank. He’s had about 10 good games in 3 years and shows no commitment whatsoever. That 3rd goal is the icing on top of the cherry on top of the icing on top of the cake. Passed it out for a throw in about 5 mins prior, gave it to their players at every attempt.
He’s literally watched Fredericks in the 18 YARD BOX!! Walked towards him without a care in the world.

Enough of me keeping my powder dry. I cannot stand the cunt, he’s fucking wank, put him in the reserves for the rest of the season and give someone who gives a fuck a bit of Premier League game time.
Exactly my views thanks for writing that for me, Jim and Norwood out, sharp Didzy and jags pensioned off.

Listen, that wasn’t great. But one man stands out most weeks, John fucking Lundstram.
Overrated by our manager, overrated by fans who don’t support us because of his few goals and FPL record, and seriously overrated by himself.

He’s fucking wank. He’s had about 10 good games in 3 years and shows no commitment whatsoever. That 3rd goal is the icing on top of the cherry on top of the icing on top of the cake. Passed it out for a throw in about 5 mins prior, gave it to their players at every attempt.
He’s literally watched Fredericks in the 18 YARD BOX!! Walked towards him without a care in the world.

Enough of me keeping my powder dry. I cannot stand the cunt, he’s fucking wank, put him in the reserves for the rest of the season and give someone who gives a fuck a bit of Premier League game time.
Totally understand sentiment but you’ve got the name wrong you mean McBurnie- yes?

Don’t get me wrong Lunny has been awful for far too long and deserves the criticism but to say ‘one man stands out’ after Norwood's displays is

‘One man stands out’....Lunny has admittedly been fucking awful for far too long but there can be no doubt that Norwood takes this prestigious accolade? In fact, to think we have to pay him 2yrs wages is far more galling than Lunny leaving on a free so to borrow your own words... don’t be a lazy cunt and blame this shambles on one player, just because he hasn’t signed a contract, when far too many others have well and truly let the team down this season.

He will not get a contract offer as big as what we’ve offered him this season. The fact he’s getting appearance bonuses every week is seriously fucking winding me up.
I wouldn't be so sure. Someone will fancy him as a squad player and we all know what premier league teams pay

I wouldn't be so sure. Someone will fancy him as a squad player and we all know what premier league teams pay
i dont think any premier league club will come in for him this summer he will end up in same league as us

Wouldn’t be surprised if he isn’t bothered. Had unbelievable criticism since he was given the responsibility to replace Coutts. Now it’s personal hatred against him.

Albeit that there are many factors contributing to this shambles of a season, the 'John Lundstram situation' will, for me, always be emblematic of how our relentless upward momentum was stopped and how the Wilder era slipped into decline.

It started with the winning goal against Bournemouth at the Lane, last season, and specifically Lundstram's reaction after scoring that goal.

Pushing team-mates away and the petulant 'I'm the man' posturing, was absolutely not the sort of behaviour we would expect from Wilder's Blades team. We had just dug out a crucial result in front of the Kop, and here was the goal scorer very publicly indicating that 'the manager got it wrong and I know better than him' and 'I'm better than my team-mate [Berge]'. That is not how our team behave. By all means, use being dropped as motivation to go out and perform but don't air divisive grievance in public. Football is a team/squad game.

That, frankly, saddening tantrum shone a light on Lundstram's character. Wilder and Knill have always made a big play about how important character is, when they sign players but their failure to nip that situation in the bud showed weakness.

Lundstram did next to nothing after the season restarted in June, yet we then found ourselves starting the new season with Wilder still desperately hoping that he would sign a new contract.

Again, this weakness was totally out of character with what we thought we knew of Wilder. After all, he bombed out a player with infinitely more skill than Lundstram, in Duffy, who had contributed time and time again over 3 seasons, in similar circumstances.

We then started the season with a disenchanted player who saw his future elsewhere. Nonetheless, Wilder continued to play him and, for me, Lundstram has been instrumental at numerous pivotal moments in this car-crash of a season.

It was his daft missed challenge after 2 minutes at home to Wolves that got us off to the worst possible start to the season. Then we had the poor penalty miss at Villa squandering a golden opportunity to get the season up and running against a side who were doing nothing. Then, as desperation was starting to build, he missed a golden chance to get us ahead in a tight game with Leeds. All critical moments which might easily have set our season on a different course.

Since then, of course, we have had the red card in another pivotal game at Brighton amongst numerous performances characterised by a lack of bravery in passing and occasional but always abysmal shots at goal.

The bizarre thing, from the outside, is why Wilder has persisted with him.

I don't think it can now seriously be disputed that the Gaffer seems to have a problem with 'flair' or creative players and that he is much more comfortable with midfielders such as Lundstram. Given everything that has happened, however, it's hard not to wonder what else is going on. After all, in the Summer, Wilder wilfully left himself in a position where he would, more often than not, have to play Lundstram, by shipping out a midfielder and not bringing another one in.

It is quite remarkable how much has been sacrificed over such an ordinary player.

We have no midfielders. Literally.

Something else Wilder will need to learn from.
Wilders had 1000 games as a manager. He shouldn’t need to learn something that obvious. We had a threadbare midfield and an imbalanced squad. There’s threads on here from back in the summer lamenting that we didn’t replace JOC or sign a 10. So if “PlayStation Managers” could see it...

Wouldn’t be surprised if he isn’t bothered. Had unbelievable criticism since he was given the responsibility to replace Coutts. Now it’s personal hatred against him.
Yep. Completely illogical I accept, but I do dislike him as a player. I’ve said before, the home Bournemouth game last year put him in the fuck off box for me. Scored and gave it billy big bollocks

At the risk of playing devil's advocate and incurring your wrath - and play whom?

That's what boils my piss. We have literally no one else to play that role.

We've got 6+ strikers and x3 wank LCBs but no midfielders...
Play Basham if you keep a 3 or play a 2 without him.

Ampadu will be more effective on the right of a three man defence anyway and Kean Bryan is naturally left footed. You could also consider Baldock at RCB too. I do miss his anger!

Last edited:

Hope not but no one has come in in 2 transfer windows. If he is asking for mega money then he might still be here, don't know what wages Rangers pay nowadays but it might be beyond them as well. He could well be here next season if he signs the deal offered by us.

Doesn’t work hard enough for Rangers to sign him. Besides they have far better players.

Albeit that there are many factors contributing to this shambles of a season, the 'John Lundstram situation' will, for me, always be emblematic of how our relentless upward momentum was stopped and how the Wilder era slipped into decline.

It started with the winning goal against Bournemouth at the Lane, last season, and specifically Lundstram's reaction after scoring that goal.

Pushing team-mates away and the petulant 'I'm the man' posturing, was absolutely not the sort of behaviour we would expect from Wilder's Blades team. We had just dug out a crucial result in front of the Kop, and here was the goal scorer very publicly indicating that 'the manager got it wrong and I know better than him' and 'I'm better than my team-mate [Berge]'. That is not how our team behave. By all means, use being dropped as motivation to go out and perform but don't air divisive grievance in public. Football is a team/squad game.

That, frankly, saddening tantrum shone a light on Lundstram's character. Wilder and Knill have always made a big play about how important character is, when they sign players but their failure to nip that situation in the bud showed weakness.

Lundstram did next to nothing after the season restarted in June, yet we then found ourselves starting the new season with Wilder still desperately hoping that he would sign a new contract.

Again, this weakness was totally out of character with what we thought we knew of Wilder. After all, he bombed out a player with infinitely more skill than Lundstram, in Duffy, who had contributed time and time again over 3 seasons, in similar circumstances.

We then started the season with a disenchanted player who saw his future elsewhere. Nonetheless, Wilder continued to play him and, for me, Lundstram has been instrumental at numerous pivotal moments in this car-crash of a season.

It was his daft missed challenge after 2 minutes at home to Wolves that got us off to the worst possible start to the season. Then we had the poor penalty miss at Villa squandering a golden opportunity to get the season up and running against a side who were doing nothing. Then, as desperation was starting to build, he missed a golden chance to get us ahead in a tight game with Leeds. All critical moments which might easily have set our season on a different course.

Since then, of course, we have had the red card in another pivotal game at Brighton amongst numerous performances characterised by a lack of bravery in passing and occasional but always abysmal shots at goal.

I don't think it can now seriously be disputed that the Gaffer seems to have a problem with 'flair' or creative players and that he is much more comfortable with midfielders such as Lundstram. Given everything that has happened, however, it's hard not to wonder what else is going on. After all, in the Summer, Wilder wilfully left himself in a position where he would, more often than not, have to play Lundstram, by shipping out a midfielder and not bringing another one in.

It is quite remarkable how much has been sacrificed over such an ordinary player.
John Lundstram is not fit to lace Bob Booker’s boots. Now there was a bloke all about commitment to the cause. Not the greatest player and he knew it but boy did he work for us, what a bloke. Actually went back to see Derek Dooley to thank him for giving him a contract. Probably on tenth or a twentieth of what Lundstram’s on at the minute. Lundstram needs to take a good look at himself but I’m not holding my breath.

I doff my cap to you, Sir.

What a really excellent summation of the situation. So concisely put together, I read it twice.

On the money.

Can't argue with any of that mate

Correct. It is. And I hope he sees every single sentence of it, and takes it into account when picking between Blackburn and Stoke next season.

My heart bleeds for him.

The cunt.

At this stage he's phoning it in, and i just cant accept that from a player.

Wouldnt even have him on the bench. Harsh maybe, but no more than he has been with us.

He shouldn't even be in the squad now. Full stop.

He has burnt his bridges with a lot of Blades fans and I wasn't even surprised with the complete lack of effort for their 3rd goal. He doesn't care and the only thing he is bothered about is not getting injured as that could ruin his next move and his lucrative contract with someone else. He's going through the motions and has been for all of this season and some of the last one too.

That CW didn't think about getting rid and for is to still be left with this effortless wage thief is quite baffling.

Im sure CW would do things differently now but fuck a duck. It was obvious he needed replacing in the summer.

I hope we never see good old Lundy in a Blades shirt again. If he is after tonight it's a slap in the face of the supporters and CW should seriously question himself.

It’s difficult with Lundstram could we have allocated the budget better and brought in a replacement? I think yes we could but hindsight is always 20/20. It could’ve all been so different if we’d got the bargain transfer for swift and readings chairman hadn’t stepped in.

I’m unhappy with his performance levels the same as everyone else and angry that he’s just phoning it in for my club but I can understand it. Careers are short and he’s never more than a second away from a career ender I can’t blame him for prioritising his And his families earning capacity over how I feel about Sheffield United.

Unfortunately for us as fans and wilder he will continue to play the majority of this season because simply put we have no options. Ampadu will continue to cover for O’Connell and now Egan so we won’t see him in centremid. I’d say maybe we could go with two lefties at a push but now fleck’s short and long term health are in serious doubt and I’m sure we all hope he has a swift recovery from whatever is afflicting him. Maybe we could find a makeshift replacement from somewhere people suggest bogle but nothing I’ve seen suggests he is the type of player with either the physicality or passing range to play centrally and it’s not in the clubs interest to stunt his development at wingback. If it had to be done I’d rather baldock play there but he’d likely look like a limited trier ala Osborn rather than a genuine option there’s also the possibility he might have to deputise at centreback at some point.

Then on the youth front we’re strapped as they are all still very young and largely untried. Will Maguire and brunt get some minutes before the end of the season? I hope so but to ask them to see the season out from here with so many games left and such a large gulf in class compared to anything they’ve experienced before would be too much imo. The club has a responsibility to look after them and a vested interest in protecting their development.

In short I expect him in the squad next week and for the foreseeable future. He’ll continue to play passively and continue to infuriate people but I don’t see what other choice we have until we get some players back fit.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

He's wank. He's been wank all season. He clearly doesn't want to be here. Yet he still plays. Why?

In fact, I composed a haiku

A wank midfielder
Who hasn't been good for months
He is a tosser

It's a bizarre situation.
Been saying for months that he doesn't want to be here (surely his refusal to sign a deal shows this) but keeps getting picked as he knows we don't have anyone else who can replace him.

He should have been put in with the stiffs months ago.

One consolation: now at least you know how most of us feel about watching McBurnie.

Do people not see the accusations being laid at Lundstram are the same traits and characteristics that Wilder is displaying...lack of interest, going through the motions, playing it safe, lack of effort.

The abuse thrown at one and not the other is quite remarkable. (That said throwing abuse helps no one)

Duffy asked for a pay rise after a pay rise, Lundstrum couldnt agree a new contract. They are different situations.

...I don't like Lundstrum. Mistake not signing Besic imho but again hindsight.

It's easy to say ultimately it's Wilders fault but no one would have predicted this season and we don't know if he tried but couldn't get a midfielder over the line like what happend with Swift.

Like others mentioned when Baldocks back if we play a flat three I'd play Bogle instead of Lunny.

Back
Top Bottom