Match Thread Hull City v. Sheffield United - 18th September 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HULL
HULL
HULL

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1631735295415.png v. 1631735303767.png
Championship Week 8 - Saturday 18th September 2021 - 12:30 - MKM Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings -
Officials:

Referee:
Dean Whitestone
Assistant Referee: Shaun Hudson
Assistant Referee: Geoffrey Liddle
Fourth Official: Sebastian Stockbridge

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-09-15 at 20.50.54.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Last edited:

Every effort must be made to get MGW on a permanent in January,
Wolves have the option to take him back in January, and we have to make them an offer to keep him.

For me, it dispels the myth that one man isn't a team, because without him I see nothing else happening in the final third
Wolves have looked poor since Lage came in, if we make playoffs every chance could swap places with them.

Wolves have looked poor since Lage came in, if we make playoffs every chance could swap places with them.

Yeah, but Wolves struggling might just be the catalyst that forces them to take MGW back in January. I'd rather Wolves have a good season and not need him

Anyone else like the look of Guedioura?
I thought he controlled the ball really well. Also stated his intentions straight off the bench by getting stuck right in... I like that, even though it cost him a yellow card. Not quite Keith Gillespie level though 😆

I think he looks a better option than Hourihane tbh.

yeah his corners were 100x better than Norwood’s but in open play his was poor. A lot worse than Norwood has been. Gave the ball away in a couple of stupid positions with absolutely terrible passes where a better team would punish us. He’s not played much football this season and it was his first start so we’ll see how that goes.

Guediora looked pretty neat and tidy all round. He could provide some bite in midfield and let Fleck bomb forward a bit more.

Every effort must be made to get MGW on a permanent in January,
Wolves have the option to take him back in January, and we have to make them an offer to keep him.

For me, it dispels the myth that one man isn't a team, because without him I see nothing else happening in the final third

Totally unrealistic.

Wolves would probably want about £10m for him now, £20m if he carries on like this by the time January comes along!

Also he's already had some game time in the PL and looked good.

I think he looks a better option than Hourihane tbh.

yeah his corners were 100x better than Norwood’s but in open play his was poor. A lot worse than Norwood has been. Gave the ball away in a couple of stupid positions with absolutely terrible passes where a better team would punish us. He’s not played much football this season and it was his first start so we’ll see how that goes.

Guediora looked pretty neat and tidy all round. He could provide some bite in midfield and let Fleck bomb forward a bit more.
Dare i say it at 35 was more mobile than Hourihane and Norwood. Showed for the ball constantly. Came back into defence to collect the ball and joined in when going forward.

Oh yeah, an expensive player, obviously beyond shitty old Sheffield United,

Yep I agree. But that is just how it is unfortunately.

As someone above has said, regardless of transfer fees I can't see Wolves being all that willing to sell him permanently anyway he's too much of a hot talent and only re-enforcing it with his form for us.

You also seem to have forgotten that we aren't making any proper permanent signings this season, hence the loans.

We won that game in first gear against a very poor Hull team who sat in a lot and didnt leave us much space to play. Yes at times we were lethargic and slow but never looked like losing the game once we scored the second goal. Still think that Jokanovic is finding out what his best 11 is but things are improving. MGW is the touch of class and attacking drive that we have been missing for so long. Billy looking a handful in every game. Egan and Davies look comfortable at the back.
People have slagged Brewster off which i think is harsh. He was OK today (Nothing more, nothing less), playing in a position that is new to him. He did link up the play well at times and tried to get a few shots away. It will come good for him eventually with a run of games.
If only we could have got on of the other wingers that we were after. We would be so much more of an attacking force with options down both flanks.

Oh yeah, an expensive player, obviously beyond shitty old Sheffield United,

They'd want at least £20m for him. That's beyond a lot of Premier League clubs in January, nevermind us.

I think the best we can hope for is they let us keep him for the rest of the season.

If weve paid a loan fee for MGW I believe we keep him regardless. Not sure if we did or not.
Decent win to keep the unbeaten run going. Will need to up it against better teams.
Brewster as people have said, not brilliant but not utterly shocking. Just feel his mental reactions, positioning and reactions are way off someone like Billy

I know the match was practically over but it was interesting to see Geuideora coming on. Looked ok and looks like he will provide cover.
What with the early kick off, perhaps Silent and others need something to ponder. When was the last time the Blades had two players in the match day squad with all 5 vowels in their surname?

If that seems not worth wasting more than 5 seconds thinking about, try the easier version; when was the last time the Blades substituted one player with all 5 vowels in their surname for another player with all 5 vowels in their surname, to which the answer is 'probably never'.

Nobody told me it was an early kick off!

If weve paid a loan fee for MGW I believe we keep him regardless. Not sure if we did or not.
Decent win to keep the unbeaten run going. Will need to up it against better teams.
Brewster as people have said, not brilliant but not utterly shocking. Just feel his mental reactions, positioning and reactions are way off someone like Billy
There's definitely a recall option, both clubs were very keen on making that known

What about wages? He must be on at least 40g a week at wolves...would he come here for half that? No. Only possibility is if we go up..even then if a player of his ability became available I think there would be a queue of clubs in for him all paying higher wages sadly.

Last edited:
Yep. Did absolutely nothing minus a shot that went towards Jupiter. Not too sure where his actual position is as he's always far back from the front, yet not in a passable position.
I think time with the U23 would be beneficial for him

4 points off play offs, 7 off 2nd spot.. it’s a long season blades, give it a few weeks and we will be knocking on the door of the top two and then we will take control and get promotion.

Back
Top Bottom