How well did our Billy do ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Isaw Joeshaw

Old School Blade
Reaction score
For the majority of the game , Billy and McG were feeding of scraps and , to be fair , the latter was not at his most effective .

Billy , however , was a constant thorn in their side and was key to the the two incidents which won us the game , ie the goal and the sending off of their goalie . Both of these were as a result of his none stop work ethic , sheer determination and not a little skill as exemplified by the beautifully weighted and precisely struck pass he provided to Bash for his goal .

Add to that the remarkable energy levels he displayed for a full 90 minutes and his goal scoring record and you have just some of the reasons why for me , he must surely be looked upon as a true Blades legend and one with several more good years ahead of him which I look forward very much to enjoying .

Goldie had less scraps to feed off than Billy.
Agree with your sentiment but give the circumstances it would have been a much better thread without the Goldie dig.

I also think the fact that he was booked for nothing spurred him on towards the end. He was obviously furious and channeled it in the correct manner.

To be fair the whole team did more than their part, but for me, billy, bash and the 3 at the back were titans, Leeds had no idea how to deal with them.
On a side note anyone else notice Leeds "trying" to emulate the Blades by sending 3 or 4 players down one side, attempting the overload tactic, but they seemed confused and got in each other's way, a joy to behold

Sharp coming onto the pitch v Brentford on midweek, allowed us to push up, relieve the constant pressure on our defence, and went a big part in helping us win that game with his energy and work rate.

Sharp being on the pitch v the Dirties today, allowed us to unsettle their defence, have a genuine threat up top (who made the goal and would have had another without the rugby tackle), and was a huge factor in helping us win that game today.

What a player. The lads a Blades legend. We are lucky to be seeing him in a Blades shirt right now and I'm sure that 15/20 years, those of us still around, will be thinking warmly and with great affection about what a fantastic player Billy was for us back in the day.

He won the flick on which set Billy up to put Bash in,great counter attack

Agree, but I don’t class McGoldrick as an out and out striker like Sharp.
He prefers to come deeper, collect the ball and link the play with his almost Duffy like, clever passing.
So as a striker/ finisher of course Sharp is better, he’s the best at the club as doing the hardest job of putting the ball in the net

But I apppreciate it’s a team game and both McG and Madine bring things to the table that Sharp can’t do as well.

For the majority of the game , Billy and McG were feeding of scraps and , to be fair , the latter was not at his most effective .

Billy , however , was a constant thorn in their side and was key to the the two incidents which won us the game , ie the goal and the sending off of their goalie . Both of these were as a result of his none stop work ethic , sheer determination and not a little skill as exemplified by the beautifully weighted and precisely struck pass he provided to Bash for his goal .

Add to that the remarkable energy levels he displayed for a full 90 minutes and his goal scoring record and you have just some of the reasons why for me , he must surely be looked upon as a true Blades legend and one with several more good years ahead of him which I look forward very much to enjoying .
I thought mcgoldrick was excellent after a poor start he really assertred his way into the game and was involved in the few good spells we had

Billy was awesome though ,my man of the match

Billy was fantastic. Buzzed about the pitch, held the ball up when he could, upset the defenders and the little pause and lay off for the goal was class. Man of the match for me.

Back
Top Bottom