How long does DW have left at Sheffield United F.C??

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How long will DW be in the hotseat at The Lane?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wolves
Peterborough
Leyton Orient

They currently occupy the top 3 and we haven't played any yet.

OK so your entire theory of who will end up in the top 6 is to take the top 6 now, halve it and thats your list. I notice that your list stoppd before Rotherham, ommitted MK Dons, Brentford and Bradford. At this stage there are 4 points between Brentford and Wolves so lets really chance our arms and say they are in the hunt for at least a play off place. Yes?

In fact every team we have played this season bar the one we beat is above us. That gives me a bigger cause for concern right now because those facts say our first team is one of the worst in the league. Thats a cancer that isn't caused in 7 games by one man, trust me.

OK so your entire theory of who will end up in the top 6 is to take the top 6 now, halve it and thats your list. I notice that your list stoppd before Rotherham, ommitted MK Dons, Brentford and Bradford. At this stage there are 4 points between Brentford and Wolves so lets really chance our arms and say they are in the hunt for at least a play off place. Yes?

In fact every team we have played this season bar the one we beat is above us. That gives me a bigger cause for concern right now because those facts say our first team is arefulone of the worst in the league. Thats a cancer that isn't caused in 7 games by one man, trust me.

There's lots of circles being rotated by us all here, and I agree with the first part of your post, but..........

We have to be very careful about blaming all our woes on the agreed car crash that has been Sheffield United FC. The team was poor, but not woeful last season. We've brought in more quality than we've lost. It's absolutely evident that Weirs tactics have taken us backards. The best defence of that is that it's a necessary evil (I don't believe that) but it really is clear that Weir has got a lot wrong so far.

For those that accept he's got it wrong, we need some quick evidence that he's recognised it and is addressing some issues We have little or no evidence that he has what it takes, and blind faith cannot be allowed to risk another relegation.

UTB

There's lots of circles being rotated by us all here, and I agree with the first part of your post, but..........

We have to be very careful about blaming all our woes on the agreed car crash that has been Sheffield United FC. The team was poor, but not woeful last season. We've brought in more quality than we've lost. It's absolutely evident that Weirs tactics have taken us backards. The best defence of that is that it's a necessary evil (I don't believe that) but it really is clear that Weir has got a lot wrong so far.

For those that accept he's got it wrong, we need some quick evidence that he's recognised it and is addressing some issues We have little or no evidence that he has what it takes, and blind faith cannot be allowed to risk another relegation.

UTB

I don't argue with the vast majority of that AB, he should recognise his mistakes and whether he can do anything about it is going to be the making of the man. I think the fact is last season we sacked a perfectly good manager and shouldn't have. Weir isn't as good as Wilson and was never going to be. Wilson was better than Adams, Speed and is better than Weir. He was the only bright spot in a toilet bowl of shit that we have had since we sacked Blackwell. We are in the saloon of diminishing returns and that is why I don't advocate putting pressure on the bloke in charge right now. Who comes in? McCall? I don't think so. Robinson? Nope, Curbishley? Surely not. Warnock, not likely. So what do we get? We either strike it very lucky with someone new or we go down the route of tried and tested League 1/2 managers like Sturrock, Hughes or some other backwash. Sorry but in spite of everyone coming in saying we are a massive club, we aren't. There are bigger than us in our division.

The reality? Years of car crash ideas and suicidal plans have us where we are. Its not even the bottom of the bowl for us yet in my opinion. UNLESS, the Fresh Prince gets his hand in his pocket NOW and bank rolls us back up. That is how it works, like it or not.

Oh, and for the record I don't care if we hump our way out of this league with the least attractive football known to man, so long as we move forwards. I just think the best way forward is to play, but I am not a manager so what do I know?

The reality? Years of car crash ideas and suicidal plans have us where we are. Its not even the bottom of the bowl for us yet in my opinion. UNLESS, the Fresh Prince gets his hand in his pocket NOW and bank rolls us back up. That is how it works, like it or not.

I think once the regime in charge start to talk about game changing moves at the top, the expectation of the fans will rightly be that the next man might at least have some track record.

If we're lining up Robert Page, then we'd all allow Weir longer than if it were Gus Poyet. We can only speculate.

UTB

In fact every team we have played this season bar the one we beat is above us. That gives me a bigger cause for concern right now because those facts say our first team is one of the worst in the league. Thats a cancer that isn't caused in 7 games by one man, trust me.

Bournemouth made the wrong decision to sack there manager last season when they started like us oh wait what league are they in now??

Bournemouth made the wrong decision to sack there manager last season when they started like us oh wait what league are they in now??

I like what you did there. You replaced your duffed up piss poor argument with sarcasm. Have a badge.

I like what you did there. You replaced your duffed up piss poor argument with sarcasm. Have a badge.
werent you arguing as vehemently for us to show more patience with robson

You and big mart if I remember rightly

werent you arguing as vehemently for us to show more patience with robson

You and big mart if I remember rightly

Sure was. I believe a manager should get the season. Its his employers who should come under the most scrutiny. If you have that much faith in an individual to give them a 2-3 year contract why the hell wouldn't you give them a third of that time to prove themselves. I know it isn't a popular stance in football but patience has been shown to be a virtue often rewarded.

Back
Top Bottom