Henderson to QPR

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not sure about that. Stick any big, strong decent centre half aginst him and it's over. Tell the centre half to pull his shirt, give him a few kicks and tussle aginst him. henderson will get involved in a tug of war and forget about the football match. The centre half will win all the fouls (no matter what) and Henderson will do fuck all. The ball will be lumped endlessly to big Darius with no joy whatsoever. Plan B? You joking. He'll get frustrated and maybe sent off. This is all presuming that he is not injured or suspended. Top notch.

How is any of that his fault? If it is lumped up to him there's only so much he can do. He's certainly not going to score goals with the piss poor service he gets at times, and it's clear he should get more free kicks in his favour. He's been sent off three times in two seasons so the frustrated bit isn't really common is it? Even though he's been carrying a few injuries he's managed 70 odd appearances over two seasons which makes your comment look even more silly.

We always used to struggle against Henderson (Morgan in particular), and this season a few Wednesday fans I know said he caused problems for their centre backs- I didn't even think he played very well in that match as well. A few Palace fans someone was speaking to were glad he wasn't playing when the two sides met at SP also.

Don't mind Hendo but again he's one of those players I used to rate more before he played for us, we're good at those

Had it on good authority that he thinks he's got another 'good move' left in him and would welcome it....

It doesn't actually say that he is currently on 14k a week. It says his wage demands are £14,000 per week. The lump can demand all he likes but only a fool will give him that.

But the Sheffield United striker's wage demands, believed to be in excess of £14,000 per week, could persuade the London club to look elsewhere in the search for a player capable of spearheading their promotion charge next season.

Half of me wants Henderson to go and bang the goals in for another team, and it'll make some ignorant people actually realise what he brings to the team.

The fact is we don't play to any of his strengths. We don't play out and out wingers, and we don't get the ball across the backs of the defence for him to attack.
That's how Watford got the best of him but Blackie doesn't play that way, which is a shame because quite a few of our strikers seem to prefer that kind of service.

The fact is we don't play to any of his strengths. We don't play out and out wingers, and we don't get the ball across the backs of the defence for him to attack.
That's how Watford got the best of him but Blackie doesn't play that way, which is a shame because quite a few of our strikers seem to prefer that kind of service.

Yep, I think that's pretty clear. Perhaps with Yeates and Ward on the wings he can consistently have better service and win the doubters over.

We seem to like wingers who are actually central players stuck out wide and then wonder why we have any width.

He's built like a brick shithouse but really he's just a shithouse. Get rid and if we insist on the "big man little man" combo which has been an ever present feature of our line-ups since Warnock arrived, use Cresswell who's far more mobile and is more effective in front of goal.

Just re-read my posts and they sound like we shouldn't sell him we couldn't be further than my opinion on this. We aren't going to use him correctly so cash in on him.

How is any of that his fault? If it is lumped up to him there's only so much he can do. He's certainly not going to score goals with the piss poor service he gets at times, and it's clear he should get more free kicks in his favour. He's been sent off three times in two seasons so the frustrated bit isn't really common is it? Even though he's been carrying a few injuries he's managed 70 odd appearances over two seasons which makes your comment look even more silly.

We always used to struggle against Henderson (Morgan in particular), and this season a few Wednesday fans I know said he caused problems for their centre backs- I didn't even think he played very well in that match as well. A few Palace fans someone was speaking to were glad he wasn't playing when the two sides met at SP also.

I didn't say it was his fault. But it is a fact that we play worse with him in the team. Just having him in the team means we are much more liable to play hoof ball. Is it his fault? Of course not. Would we be better off with someone else in the team? I think so. I'd have loved to see us having Coterill down one wing and another dedent winger down the other wing sending in crosses for Henderson to latch onto. However with kevin Blackwell in charge we will hoof it up to Big Darius to little effect.

Henderson has played 66 games out of a possible 102 games. So hes been unavailable for over a third of games whilst playing at United. Still think my comments look silly. In his time at united he's scored a wopping 19 goals. 2 goals every 7 games in the Champiosnhip is a bit disappointing (imo) for a £2 million pound striker. Add to that the 3 rde cards you mention and the endless fouls he gives away then I'm thinking his time at United has not been a great one.

I don't hate Henderson. I think he is a good player and can really add value. However he hasn't added a lot of value under KB and nor will he do. Now I'm sure that Henderson will go on (if he moves to say QPR) and do well somewhere else. He's always a handful and if you play to his strenghts then he'll score goals. However we don't. Full stop. I'd much rather us have a partnership from any of the following: Sharp, Cresswell, Ward or Evans. Get it on the deck and try and play.

I didn't say it was his fault. But it is a fact that we play worse with him in the team. Just having him in the team means we are much more liable to play hoof ball. Is it his fault? Of course not. Would we be better off with someone else in the team? I think so. I'd have loved to see us having Coterill down one wing and another dedent winger down the other wing sending in crosses for Henderson to latch onto. However with kevin Blackwell in charge we will hoof it up to Big Darius to little effect.

Henderson has played 66 games out of a possible 102 games. So hes been unavailable for over a third of games whilst playing at United. Still think my comments look silly. In his time at united he's scored a wopping 19 goals. 2 goals every 7 games in the Champiosnhip is a bit disappointing (imo) for a £2 million pound striker. Add to that the 3 rde cards you mention and the endless fouls he gives away then I'm thinking his time at United has not been a great one.

I don't hate Henderson. I think he is a good player and can really add value. However he hasn't added a lot of value under KB and nor will he do. Now I'm sure that Henderson will go on (if he moves to say QPR) and do well somewhere else. He's always a handful and if you play to his strenghts then he'll score goals. However we don't. Full stop. I'd much rather us have a partnership from any of the following: Sharp, Cresswell, Ward or Evans. Get it on the deck and try and play.

So why are you slating Henderson if you actually think he's a decent player and it's Blackwell's fault?

He hasn't neccessarily been unavailable for all of those matches, don't be silly.

Also, I'm positive he would have scored 15+ this season had he not suffered an injury when he was bang in form. He had scored 10 by the end of November but starting picking up a few niggling injuries like so many others have.

Back
Top Bottom